Kinect doesn't hear me when Xbox One is on

Discus and support Kinect doesn't hear me when Xbox One is on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since the latest update, no voice commands work when my Xbox One is on. I can still do "Hey Cortana, turn on the Xbox", but once it's on it doesn't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Monfster, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Monfster
    Monfster Guest

Since the latest update, no voice commands work when my Xbox One is on. I can still do "Hey Cortana, turn on the Xbox", but once it's on it doesn't work - done the Kinect Can't Hear Me and all that. Kinect version is 4.0.3917.0:7

The last update was April 1st, 2017 and under Language & Location, Language is set to English, Language Region is set to English (United States) and Location is set to United States.

Under Input Spoken Language is English (United States), but it's greyed out. But, as I said, "Hey Cortana, turn on the Xbox" works when the XBox is off but set to Instant On.

:)

Monfster, Apr 11, 2017
  2. Kinect doesn't hear me when Xbox One is on

Hey there Acid Rainman,

Sorry to hear about the issue with the Kinect Sensor not hearing you, give
    this guide
    a shot and see if it helps out.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Apr 11, 2017
  3. Monfster
    Monfster Guest

Since the latest update, no voice commands work when my Xbox One is on. I can still do "Hey Cortana, turn on the Xbox", but once it's on it doesn't work - done the Kinect Can't Hear Me and all that. Kinect version is 4.0.3917.0:7

The last update was April 1st, 2017 and under Language & Location, Language is set to English, Language Region is set to English (United States) and Location is set to United States.

Under Input Spoken Language is English (United States), but it's greyed out. But, as I said, "Hey Cortana, turn on the Xbox" works when the XBox is off but set to Instant On.

Monfster, Apr 11, 2017
  4. Jose Rosario
    Jose Rosario Guest

I had the same issue. Turning the unit on by voice worked but thereafter any spoken commands resulted in Cortana telling me, "Rats, I can't hear you. It might be a mic problem." This made no sense because clearly it *could* hear me since it replied with
    that statement every time I said, "Hey Cortana"! I resolved it by holding down the power button on the Xbox One to cause a hard reset. When I turned the unit back on, Kinect could hear me and Cortana could finally answer me.

Jose Rosario, Sep 21, 2018
  5. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hey there Jose! If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing the issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you!

Thank you,

Diego

Xbox Forums

XBF Diego M, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: