Kinect 2.0 stopped working after last system update

Discus and support Kinect 2.0 stopped working after last system update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've got a problem with Kinect 2.0 on my XOS. After last system update my Kinect stopped working. I followed the troubleshooting steps but with no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AndrzejStolarczyk, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Kinect 2.0 stopped working after last system update

I've got a problem with Kinect 2.0 on my XOS. After last system update my Kinect stopped working. I followed the troubleshooting steps but with no success. My console didn't recognize the sensor. I've also made a factory reset but still no success. Kinect
    is out of warranty - I've checked that too. But it looks like a system bug, not hardware.

:)

AndrzejStolarczyk, Sep 25, 2018
  2. movieland
    movieland Guest
    Kinect stopped working after system update

movieland, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Kinect stopped working after system update

The technical support tell me the same thing... i will sell this xbox and get another product like PS4. I hate when a compagny try to rip off!

MélanieGagné-Cyr, Sep 25, 2018
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

M3tal Daz3, Sep 25, 2018
  5. I've searched for a hardware problem and probably it's the thermal fuse. I try to replace it Kinect 2.0 stopped working after last system update :)

AndrzejStolarczyk, Nov 3, 2018
  6. AndrzejStolarczyk Win User

I've searched for a hardware problem and probably it's the thermal fuse. I try to replace it :)
  7. M3tal Daz3 Win User

8. BANKY EDWARDS23 Win User

I did the latest preview update today and since my Kinect stopped working as well. I went though all the troubleshooting and also tried it on a second xbox one and nothing. went through chat help and they couldn't get it to work even after having me factory
    reset my xbox. then told me since its warranty is up it would be $89 to replace it with a refurbished one AFTER they receive my now broken one. It worked just fine today before the update so I don't think i should be paying for their obviously flawed patch.
    secondly if I wanted I could buy a brand new kinect on amazon for $99 with free shipping as a Prime member. why in the hell would i pay to ship them the one they broke to pay to get a refurb back when i can get a new one elsewhere cheaper overall......
    seriously i think Microsoft needs to rethink this. The chat agent even said that while i was his first kinect issue post patch that other agents had had several of the same issue.
  9. I Hawkster I Win User

Hey MM,

I don't know anyone who has a Xbox One. Most have that other console.
  10. Mister Maka Win User

Hey everyone!

Sorry about the Kinect sensor troubles you're having. We have a few steps to run through in this

Kinect Troubleshooter
    . Please make sure to give all the steps there a try if you haven't already. Also, if you have a friend with an Xbox One, please test your Kinect sensor on that to see if there is any change in performance.
Thema:

1. Kinect 2.0 stopped working after last system update - Similar Threads - Kinect stopped working

2. AR-Based Virtual Try-Room using Kinect v2

in XBoX on Consoles
    AR-Based Virtual Try-Room using Kinect v2: I am trying to make an AR-Based virtual try-room using kinect v2 and unity. Is there someone who had already done this project or someone who can guide me? From where I can get 3D cloth assets for...
  3. did i damage my Kinect Device and can i fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    did i damage my Kinect Device and can i fix it: Issue with Kinect Device I'm experiencing an issue with my Kinect device. After plugging in a flash drive in Kinect port. by accident, it melted and got stuck in the port. After removing the...
  4. XBOX ONE KINECT+PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE KINECT+PC: XBOX ONE KINECT+PC CAN IT WORK ON PC WITRH XBOX SERIES S https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40277 ? a7b9059d-b484-4942-a8b3-7f554e8e9a44
  5. I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.: Some days back my console run a E68 error and I found out that my hdd is dead I have one simple question Can i use my usb drive as my primary storage without the internal hdd( will it work as...
  6. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  7. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  8. My Kinect will randomly stop working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Kinect will randomly stop working.: My Kinect will randomly stop working, it's not unplugged, i tried unplugging it and plugging it back in and it still didn't work! I use an original Xbox One. It won't hear me, and I can't talk. I...
  9. Kinect Stopped working, and my external Harddrive stop being accessible.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect Stopped working, and my external Harddrive stop being accessible.: So Fire up my xbox, noticed the kinect stopped working.. I did everything to try and get it to work. did all the ridiculous power cycling, unplugging everything for a day. Did a seance with...
  10. Controller & Kinect randomly stop working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller & Kinect randomly stop working.: I've had times where my Xbox One controller randomly stops working. It continues to be on but the home button doesn't work, whenever you press it nothing happens and the only way to navigate...