Kinect 2.0 Issues (X1X, Alpha-Preview)

Discus and support Kinect 2.0 Issues (X1X, Alpha-Preview) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; To whomever has the same setup as I; Please respond if you have the same configuration as I do, and may know something helpful, so I may narrow down... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vega azurewrath, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Kinect 2.0 Issues (X1X, Alpha-Preview)

To whomever has the same setup as I;

Please respond if you have the same configuration as I do, and may know something helpful, so I may narrow down the issue.

1) I have an Xbox One X (In this case, less than 2 months old, so it's less likely to be defective)

2) I am in the alpha preview update test group (Though this issue has persisted over multiple updates)

3) I am trying to use my Kinect 2.0, and due to 1), am employing a kinect adapter to USB

The kinect I'm using was lent to me, and has been tested in an original Xbox One, and appears to work just fine there.

For myself,

1) It appears to take voice commands (for at least a while),

2) It will not calibrate video properly (claims it can't see the floor, while displaying visual from it's camera just fine, and intermittently resets)

3) When trying to play a kinect-based game (Fantasia, Fruit ninja, etc.), will recognize me for a few seconds at best, and then the kinect visibly resets, in an endless cycle.

Can anybody help confirm whether these issues may stem from

a) The preview updates causing incompatibilities

b) The adapter itself being faulty

c) Somehow the kinect being faulty, although it appears to work on an original Xbox One

d) The Xbox One X being unlucky and faulty

Also, of course it's plugged into the proper USB 3 port in the back (nearest the HDMI in/outs), and yes after plugging everything in, I've done a hard reset with multiple minute off time to allow proper configuration.

-Thanks so much for the help.

:)

Vega azurewrath, Nov 26, 2018
  2. CCIEChad
    CCIEChad Guest
    Where is the X One X Patch for Fallout 4?

I don't see fallout 4 listed on my console under X1X enhanced and it doesn't look at all better on the X1X(it might be a bit faster). I'm on preview program alpha is this some kind of bug for preview?

CCIEChad, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Preview Ring 4, saying Preview Alpha:Time to Update

Hey, I'm in Preview Ring 4 of the Xbox Insider Program, but my announcements page says "Preview Alpha: Time to update". Is this an issue or am I now in Preview Alpha ring? Thanks!

Critical Health, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Sanana94
    Sanana94 Guest

Hey there,

Unfortunately I don't have a Kinect with me right now, but I have the adapter.

You can try the adapter on a windows PC and experiment a little with the SDK to see if it detects you the whole time.

However, I would do a factory reset keeping games and apps first:

Reset Xbox One Console to Factory Defaults

The factory reset can fix many problems, it is worth a try. You can also try opting-out from the preview program ad use the release version of the Xbox Software. (You can go back to the alpha ring anytime! Kinect 2.0 Issues (X1X, Alpha-Preview) :) )

Last thing, if in doubt, report the issue using the bult-in report tool on your xbox, you will help the teams a lot! Kinect 2.0 Issues (X1X, Alpha-Preview) :)

Sanana94, Nov 26, 2018
  5. Sanana94 Win User

Hey there,

Unfortunately I don't have a Kinect with me right now, but I have the adapter.

You can try the adapter on a windows PC and experiment a little with the SDK to see if it detects you the whole time.

However, I would do a factory reset keeping games and apps first:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

The factory reset can fix many problems, it is worth a try. You can also try opting-out from the preview program ad use the release version of the Xbox Software. (You can go back to the alpha ring anytime! :) )

Last thing, if in doubt, report the issue using the bult-in report tool on your xbox, you will help the teams a lot! :)
  6. Seobones Win User

X1X Settings wont open/Microphone crashes to home

I somehow managed to fix the issue by enrolling my bugged X1X to the preview insider program and applying the lasted build of the beta circle that I was part of since X1 launch. (I didn't want to enroll my X1X to not risk anything).

Still weird [Mod Removed] bugs, and the solution is even more strange but It worked. I'm lucky I was still part of the preview program after not contributing for 2 years.

Hopefully this glitch doesn't comes back.
  7. Wadski Win User

Can NOT remove myself from the XBOX PREVIEW! XBOX support is going in circles...

Sorry Dude

You cant remove the preview version.

If it helps, Im in the UK with a X1X from Game and have the preview UI and I havent had any problems.

Have you tried a different screen and a different HDMI cable? Have you tried moving your X1X into a more ventilated area just to see if its heat related?

I doubt that the Preview version is your problem.
  8. XBF Erick C Win User

Resident Evil 0 still shutting off Xbox One X, and S during cutscenes

Hey there Cpl.

This has been a known issue for a while now and acknowledged by the Xbox Preview team and were testing a fix for this issue in the Alpha ring back in December. Since then, there has been no updates but based on this

article
    I'm assuming the issue was resolved in the Alpha ring preview update but doesn't seem to have gone live yet. There could have been some setbacks or the issue re-surfaced.

You can always reach out to the Developers for more information on this problem.

I Hope this helps.
  9. Codename Jelly Win User

Get Over It People

[quote user="malasiah"]

Packaging the Kinect 2.0 with every X1 is a smart move.

-

Requiring the X1 to only work as long as you have Kinect 2.0 connected is straight out stupid and ridiculous this is just trading the sorrows of RROD for a whole new set of issues.

[/quote]

LOL
Thema:

1. Kinect 2.0 Issues (X1X, Alpha-Preview) - Similar Threads - Kinect Issues X1X

2. AR-Based Virtual Try-Room using Kinect v2

in XBoX on Consoles
    AR-Based Virtual Try-Room using Kinect v2: I am trying to make an AR-Based virtual try-room using kinect v2 and unity. Is there someone who had already done this project or someone who can guide me? From where I can get 3D cloth assets for...
  3. did i damage my Kinect Device and can i fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    did i damage my Kinect Device and can i fix it: Issue with Kinect Device I'm experiencing an issue with my Kinect device. After plugging in a flash drive in Kinect port. by accident, it melted and got stuck in the port. After removing the...
  4. XBOX ONE KINECT+PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE KINECT+PC: XBOX ONE KINECT+PC CAN IT WORK ON PC WITRH XBOX SERIES S https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40277 ? a7b9059d-b484-4942-a8b3-7f554e8e9a44
  5. I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.: Some days back my console run a E68 error and I found out that my hdd is dead I have one simple question Can i use my usb drive as my primary storage without the internal hdd( will it work as...
  6. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  7. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  8. Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2: Hi, I would need to download the pdf version of the user manual of Kinect V2, but it looks like it's missing from the Microsoft website. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks /D...
  9. My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...: I want to be able to play old Kinect games like Dance Central 1-3 and Kinect sports with my siblings to have fun again. Until I was met with my Xbox360 saying that a system update is required, but...
  10. Kinect issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect issue: Good day, so I recently got my Xbox one updated using the latest offline update software, set up went well, however upon trying to plug in my Kinect I am met with an error "there was a problem...