kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions

Discus and support kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't play FIFA but how is it possible to spend that much money in one game? Even in madden if you buy card packs for ultimate team you should have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RepaidYeti18970, Feb 26, 2014.

  1. pkvas
    pkvas Guest

    kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions


    I don't play FIFA but how is it possible to spend that much money in one game? Even in madden if you buy card packs for ultimate team you should have everyone for much less than that
     
    pkvas, Feb 26, 2014
    #31
  2. no king, not in full entirety. Answer me this, how is it ok for the game producers to ask for this kind of compensation for their digital work? If it was limited at having everything for a more reasonable price then this kid wouldnt of spent so much in
    the first place...one could argue that.
     
    U Go 6 FT BeLOW, Feb 26, 2014
    #32
  3. If my kid did something like that, I would own his butt for years of hard labor until I felt he had sufficiently repaid me.
     
    BizarroMantis, Feb 26, 2014
    #33
  4. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest

    kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions

    @below having the right to a refund on digital and having the right to sell trade digital is a different story, but you are right, off topic on a way. But why do you think they are trying a Micros so much or free to play? First is free to play are digital,
    you DL and play and start kicking in money which you can never trade or sell. You dislike that about Digital but the reason that this stuff is here is because even on a good game people trade them reducing their return on the game. You say make a better game
    then. They do but a game like Bio is Singleplayer and we all know that it could be the greatest Singleplayer ever but some will still race through it and trade it in filling the market with second hand titles.

    Back on topic

    The stupid don't need more excuses or laws as you can't put brains in a monument they will always never take responsibility.
     
    RippenHarra, Feb 26, 2014
    #34
  5. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest
    @6ftBelow, game producers, or anyone providing a service can charge what they want. If it is unreasonable, no one will buy it. If a 8 year old has access to a CC, they don't care what it is, they will buy it because:

    1) They are uniformed and don't understand how money works.

    2) It's so easy, hit accept. Xbox gives you a confirmation screen before the purchase, its not like you can accidently purchase something.

    -

    There is absolutely no responsibility from the producers. They did not hit the confirm button, junior did, after mommy and daddy gave him access to there CC.....
     
    kingvas78, Feb 26, 2014
    #35
  6. nowaysis
    nowaysis Guest
    Take a look at @cod 2 halo comment, he is the prime example of who these companies are trying to target, it is ludicrous to say you have not got all day to do a game, what he means he has not got the "patience" and wants an instant fix and wants to go straight
    from A to Z, we don't know this guy but he could need help with an addiction, games are an addiction, so why companies target people like @cod 2 halo other people will get caught in the fishnets and it is that that needs to be regulated, thing's are not black
    & white, these companies know what they are doing

    because you think you are a responsible & good parent doesn't mean you should be more ignorant to other people issues,

    @ ripponharra you are an ambassador, you clearly became an ambassador to help people

    that is what life is about helping each other,

    people like your self are part of the problem and not the solution, its easy to say i am a good parent and saying they are bad parents, and they need to do this and need to do that, that is not going to make the problem go away
     
    nowaysis, Feb 26, 2014
    #36
  7. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    I never said I was ignorant to issues but people do have to learn responsibility. These devices have multiple features that can stop all this. Your right I will not tell them to do this or that. Will that help them either. You've also just called @cod an
    addict with no control. Nice. How do you know?He did it on one game. These devices have multiple safety features now that can be enabled. Tell us how can we help what regulation will you seek? I'm helping by saying what I have done if anyone didn't know about
    the safety features now they do and I've helped. It's not in my nature to blame my own mistakes on others, mistakes I've made I have not done again.
     
    RippenHarra, Feb 26, 2014
    #37
  8. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest

    kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions

    The month also forgot to mention, she gave the child access to the her credit card and left him to it, and what punishment she has given him.

    I mean 4k thats a long time on the naughty step.

    Infact if the user is set to child I don't think its as easy to buy things, so would like to know what settings they have on his console.
     
    EnenDaveyBoy, Feb 26, 2014
    #38
  9. nowaysis
    nowaysis Guest
    @rippenharra please do not run through my posts, i said @cod 2 halo " COULD BE AN ADDICT " who may need help, i did say he has no patience, and that is what these companies are exploiting, you were clearly critical and was comparing to your own standards,
    it is not just about protecting the child or adult from the child, its also about protecting the adult from themselves
     
    nowaysis, Feb 26, 2014
    #39
  10. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    Look I'm no bleeding heart that's obvious but yeah bad luck about the stuff up but I can't agree that it's the fault of the publishers that this happened. This stuff isn't new it happens on mobile phones with data plans. People just need to stop and think
    sometimes. The warnings are out there done people choose to ignore them. Laws do not stop people doing dumb stuff.
     
    RippenHarra, Feb 26, 2014
    #40
  11. £4000 my god but seriously who would you blame? The parent being stupid enough to leave their details on the console or the kid who totally abused the credit card. I am still only young lad but my god back when I was a teenager if I wanted anything I would
    do jobs and save save save to get it. Today you see pictures and statuses going around of 15 year old's getting brand new iPhone's and throwing little tantrums because it is the wrong colour. Disgraceful.
     
    PUDDIN DAGGER, Feb 26, 2014
    #41
  12. Forgot to mention Ea are a disgrace for this as well. They are making and absolute killing off of ultimate team by releasing in form players every week. You can even pay as little as €1 to get points for a pack, they want every cent they can get. Then you
    have the YouTubers buying hundreds of euro worth of Fifa points and doing pack openings on their channels everyday which is also promoting micro transactions.
     
    PUDDIN DAGGER, Oct 31, 2018
    #42
  13. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

    kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions

    The month also forgot to mention, she gave the child access to the her credit card and left him to it, and what punishment she has given him.

    I mean 4k thats a long time on the naughty step.

    Infact if the user is set to child I don't think its as easy to buy things, so would like to know what settings they have on his console.
  14. nowaysis Win User

    kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions

    Take a look at @cod 2 halo comment, he is the prime example of who these companies are trying to target, it is ludicrous to say you have not got all day to do a game, what he means he has not got the "patience" and wants an instant fix and wants to go straight
    from A to Z, we don't know this guy but he could need help with an addiction, games are an addiction, so why companies target people like @cod 2 halo other people will get caught in the fishnets and it is that that needs to be regulated, thing's are not black
    & white, these companies know what they are doing

    because you think you are a responsible & good parent doesn't mean you should be more ignorant to other people issues,

    @ ripponharra you are an ambassador, you clearly became an ambassador to help people

    that is what life is about helping each other,

    people like your self are part of the problem and not the solution, its easy to say i am a good parent and saying they are bad parents, and they need to do this and need to do that, that is not going to make the problem go away
  15. BizarroMantis Win User

    kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions

    Why would ANYONE need to spend that much within a game? Fifa is starting to sound like a bottomless money pit. Seems to me once you've spent $100-$200 you should have everything a game has to offer. $6k is absurd.
  16. Sunburst Univox Win User

    kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions

    I HATE microtransactions but this is more of a parenting problem.
  17. Listed mia 510 Win User

    kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions

    You folks are twisted! This underage child was playing a game un monitored by his parents. Wether they knew of the options in place for them or not Xbox has made it a big thing to put more features into family and child account control.

    It's really funny to see people demand there be a password required for any purchase made on console... Well if you would do research or explore other sections of your consoles than what CoD offers you, you would know that password protecting purchases already
    exist! Setting family timers already exist!

    Receiving email and text when a purchase is made happens automatically. Guess these parents eyes were just that closed no matter how you look at it.

    If you know nothing about a product your child is spending most of his days on then you are in fact a poor parent! That is no different then letting your child go to a park with his friends that you as the parent know nothing of the area!!!

    Lol the problem with micro transactions. Man people will use anything as a scape goat for poor human behavior.
Thema:

kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions

Loading...
  1. kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions - Similar Threads - kid racks £4000

  2. Donation for Parents of kids in hospital

    in XboX Insiders
    Donation for Parents of kids in hospital: My wife and I are currently staying at a Ronald McDonald House Chairty home while our 33 week old preemie daughter is in the NICU after her esophageal atresia surgery. The Ronald McDonald houses...
  3. Can I transfer Minecraft game from my account to my kids account?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I transfer Minecraft game from my account to my kids account?: Can I transfer Minecraft game from my account to my kids account? I want my son to be able to play Minecraft with his friends, but it seems that I need to buy the game again. This is very strange....
  4. My kids minecraft says multiplayer disabled!! plz help

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My kids minecraft says multiplayer disabled!! plz help: Hi microsoft, I am having a problem with my kids minecraft account saying multiplayer is disable and when i clicked the learn more option it just sends me to the purchase gamepass options. I have...
  5. My kids account was hacked. They changed the email and phone number attached to the...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    My kids account was hacked. They changed the email and phone number attached to the...: My kids account was hacked. He gave them the 2 factor auth code. They changed the email and phone number attached to the account. Is there any way to regain access?...
  6. New Minecraft Account for my kid, can't buy him packs in the minecraft marketplace

    in XBoX Accessibility
    New Minecraft Account for my kid, can't buy him packs in the minecraft marketplace: Hello, I'm trying to get my child packs for minecraft that he has used on my account now that he has his own version. I've tried everything in settings for Family Accounts and cannot seem to give...
  7. Xbox Game Pass PC - Allowing kids to access games without compromising accounts.

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Pass PC - Allowing kids to access games without compromising accounts.: I have some games on my Xbox Game Pass account my kids would like to play on PC - mainly Minecraft Java Edition. From what I understand the only way to have this work without issue is for me to...
  8. Credit on kids account

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Credit on kids account: My son has Minecraft on his iPad, I may have originally bought it via my Apple ID but he is signed in as his own Apple ID and wants to buy a one block game. I bought a £10 Microsoft credit and...
  9. Bought Minecraft windows bedrock Java for my kid and she can’t even play it

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Bought Minecraft windows bedrock Java for my kid and she can’t even play it: I bought the game for her lastnight now her Microsoft account she has had for a few years she can’t seem to login to it it tells her the account doesn’t exist when we know it does anyhow we...
  10. I have been falsely reported by a little kid

    in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been falsely reported by a little kid: I have been false reported by a little kid multiple times for no reason and after he reported me he left the chat so I couldn't do anything and I got a SECOND WARNING for that THE FIRST TIME IT...