kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions

Discus and support kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; "I am a responsible adult so there is not a problem","my child has not done this I have not got a problem" Seems to be a case of because I have not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RepaidYeti18970, Feb 26, 2014.

  1. nowaysis
    nowaysis Guest

    kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions


    "I am a responsible adult so there is not a problem","my child has not done this I have not got a problem"

    Seems to be a case of because I have not got a problem then neither should you, because I am a responsible adult then so should you be!

    Don't just look at problems as someone else's

    At the end of the day this sort of things affects people around us not necessarily us directly
     
    nowaysis, Feb 26, 2014
    #16
  2. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    Yes learn responsibility. My child has not done this because i was responsible enough to remove the tools that make it possible eg. Credit cards and Passwords on transactions
     
    RippenHarra, Feb 26, 2014
    #17
  3. nowaysis
    nowaysis Guest
    So that is the ultimate answer to the problem's of micro transaction's, so you don't look at the fact your children are being targeted, being encouraged to think its ok to ask their parents for a payment to advance through a game

    Would you believe in some form of regulation's for example only allowing a person to have a max spend per month or a number of transactions with a cap?
     
    nowaysis, Feb 26, 2014
    #18
  4. COD 2 HALO
    COD 2 HALO Guest

    kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions

    OP what a lazy post.

    Anyway it is not fully the parents fault and also the child is more then accountable. Micro transactions are great IMO especially for gamers who do not have all day to reach full player attributes. I would have not played NBA2K13 as much if it were not for
    micro transactions. I spent about 50 to 80 dollars in a day. My create a player was a 99+ beast in every attribute. Won every award everything in one and a half a season of play. And just stop playing by late January 2013 lol. So maybe it can be bad in the
    long run if your finances are low because I spent about 140 dollars total and put the game away after a few weeks of play. But the instant gratification of an amazing player online and off line is amazing when I did play. I was a 6'6 shooting guard out of
    The South Bronx! From St. Johns University.

    .

    I might come back and go to Fordham as I may play NBA 2K 14 on the XBOX ONE.
     
    COD 2 HALO, Feb 26, 2014
    #19
  5. Either which way the credit card companies or the MS store needs to limit how much you can spend at any given store or on any given game on any given day. If they capped it at say $300 then yes it would be frustrating to people who wanted to spend more
    then $300 in a day for their console but it would a)make it so it was more secure and they would still have a number to call to get authorization to spend more and b)prevent scenarios like this from occurring or even now reoccurring. What harm could it do?
    an extra step from the few and far between extremists that spend more then $300 on a console in a day? Well worth it to stop this kind of madness. I do agree though, setting up a pay pin was the first thing I did and the parent should of been smarter...but
    MS I think is the one who needs a fail safe for that...and dont argue if it doesnt make them money they shouldn't/wont do it because they've already made enough money when you're bringing in record billion profits yearly. Precautions and planned parenting
    is whats needed here.
     
    U Go 6 FT BeLOW, Feb 26, 2014
    #20
  6. You folks are twisted! This underage child was playing a game un monitored by his parents. Wether they knew of the options in place for them or not Xbox has made it a big thing to put more features into family and child account control.

    It's really funny to see people demand there be a password required for any purchase made on console... Well if you would do research or explore other sections of your consoles than what CoD offers you, you would know that password protecting purchases already
    exist! Setting family timers already exist!

    Receiving email and text when a purchase is made happens automatically. Guess these parents eyes were just that closed no matter how you look at it.

    If you know nothing about a product your child is spending most of his days on then you are in fact a poor parent! That is no different then letting your child go to a park with his friends that you as the parent know nothing of the area!!!

    Lol the problem with micro transactions. Man people will use anything as a scape goat for poor human behavior.
     
    Listed mia 510, Feb 26, 2014
    #21
  7. I do agree mico tranactions are the start of downfall to the fun of gaming though...they are the devil just sell the game fully functional and as advertised, the FULL game...if you made enough profits to continue to support it do, if you didnt well then
    you suck at making games try making a quilt...dang i hate microtransactions with a passion. Self control people, dont feed the greed.
     
    U Go 6 FT BeLOW, Feb 26, 2014
    #22
  8. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest

    kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions

    My girlfriend's 9 year old racked up a $140 bill on PSN for LBP and she learned the hard way never to have your info on the console itself.

    I understand that there are only so many things they can put on the console to keep this from happening, but maybe there should be a 1 time a year deal where if it's a charge that is out of the ordinary and over...say $100...then you could "return" the merch
    or something.

    I mean...there are still parents finding this stuff out all the time, it's not there fault for not knowing....if you don't know...you can't prepare. It's when you know and don't prepare that you deserve what you get.
     
    Wiggs, Feb 26, 2014
    #23
  9. You know though after thinking about it, why not Fifa 14's producer/publishers/developers fault? Why in the good god's name does digital creations cost that much? Just to have everything in a GAME? Even $500 is absurd to me but for it to be over $6000
    shame on Fifa's pricing, and as a consumer, you can count me out from EVER buying a game that those producers create. Shame on whomever did the pricing for that one.
     
    U Go 6 FT BeLOW, Feb 26, 2014
    #24
  10. I HATE microtransactions but this is more of a parenting problem.
     
    Sunburst Univox, Feb 26, 2014
    #25
  11. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    @nowaysis i dont know if your a parent but i am, and when one of my kids walks up and askes me for the password i tell him that it costs money for that Game or Extra and that its likely it isnt going to make the game better or for a game purchase he needs
    to help around the house more.

    Dont worry i can parent and tell my kids about the target marketing at the same time. The tools are there no excuses.

    @below so a guy who despises DRM and loves PC gaming you are saying you dislike Free to play which is all over PC and that More draconian Rules be brought in to protect stupid parents? wow dude
     
    RippenHarra, Feb 26, 2014
    #26
  12. Why would ANYONE need to spend that much within a game? Fifa is starting to sound like a bottomless money pit. Seems to me once you've spent $100-$200 you should have everything a game has to offer. $6k is absurd.
     
    BizarroMantis, Feb 26, 2014
    #27
  13. kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions

    @rippen...its quite obvious you don't know me. a)i've said it from the beginning I don't despise DRM i despise how its being FED to us. It should have the same rights as the physical counterpart. If I don't like it take that digital right RIGHT back...don't
    start digital off with this whole "all digital sales are final" nonsense, but lets NOT get started back on digital...why you're going off topic just goes to show you're not focused here.

    b) I dont LOVE PC gaming, I like it but my first love is for console gaming because it has always had more control over its system in terms of hackers/mods/cheats. I still use this as a rule of thumb to get FPS and games I THINK i'll enjoy multiplayer on
    CONSOLE to avoid mods/cheats/exploits the best I can. However that is starting to change with my new top of line pc gear and steams anti cheat clients im reading good things on.

    c)yes rules and fail safes should be in place to protect "stupid" as you call them parents...I call them naive and this is why the government elects the few to govern for the rest (though sometimes the idiots end up with the power because of corruption/greed)...deal
    with it, its protocol.
     
    U Go 6 FT BeLOW, Feb 26, 2014
    #28
  14. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest
    100% parents fault. END. It IS not the Xbox's fault, the game manufacture's fault. Those are excuses.... a CC open to full access.....

    -

    It's like leaving a loaded gun out and blaming the gun if it goes off......

    -

    A perfect example of current society...
     
    kingvas78, Feb 26, 2014
    #29
  15. Wiggs
    Wiggs Guest
    Lol...ppl screaming at the parents.

    Some parents don't know that such things exist. "Current society" is such a lame blame game.

    I'm guessing you don't have kids. I'd like to see you know about everything that comes around. Again...there should be some sort of 1 time deal that if the price is over a certain amount you can return whatever was bought or something.

    If devs and publishers or MS or WHOEVER...isn't looking for a quick buck my making the amount you have to buy in game ridiculous...then they should have no problem figuring out a way to make it fair.

    Life ain't fair, sure....but that doesn't mean screw your brother's wife b/c "that's life".
     
    Wiggs, Feb 26, 2014
    #30
Thema:

kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions

Loading...
  1. kid racks up £4000 bill on fifa, this is the problem with microtransactions - Similar Threads - kid racks £4000

  2. Donation for Parents of kids in hospital

    in XboX Insiders
    Donation for Parents of kids in hospital: My wife and I are currently staying at a Ronald McDonald House Chairty home while our 33 week old preemie daughter is in the NICU after her esophageal atresia surgery. The Ronald McDonald houses...
  3. Can I transfer Minecraft game from my account to my kids account?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I transfer Minecraft game from my account to my kids account?: Can I transfer Minecraft game from my account to my kids account? I want my son to be able to play Minecraft with his friends, but it seems that I need to buy the game again. This is very strange....
  4. My kids minecraft says multiplayer disabled!! plz help

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My kids minecraft says multiplayer disabled!! plz help: Hi microsoft, I am having a problem with my kids minecraft account saying multiplayer is disable and when i clicked the learn more option it just sends me to the purchase gamepass options. I have...
  5. My kids account was hacked. They changed the email and phone number attached to the...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    My kids account was hacked. They changed the email and phone number attached to the...: My kids account was hacked. He gave them the 2 factor auth code. They changed the email and phone number attached to the account. Is there any way to regain access?...
  6. New Minecraft Account for my kid, can't buy him packs in the minecraft marketplace

    in XBoX Accessibility
    New Minecraft Account for my kid, can't buy him packs in the minecraft marketplace: Hello, I'm trying to get my child packs for minecraft that he has used on my account now that he has his own version. I've tried everything in settings for Family Accounts and cannot seem to give...
  7. Xbox Game Pass PC - Allowing kids to access games without compromising accounts.

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Pass PC - Allowing kids to access games without compromising accounts.: I have some games on my Xbox Game Pass account my kids would like to play on PC - mainly Minecraft Java Edition. From what I understand the only way to have this work without issue is for me to...
  8. Credit on kids account

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Credit on kids account: My son has Minecraft on his iPad, I may have originally bought it via my Apple ID but he is signed in as his own Apple ID and wants to buy a one block game. I bought a £10 Microsoft credit and...
  9. Bought Minecraft windows bedrock Java for my kid and she can’t even play it

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Bought Minecraft windows bedrock Java for my kid and she can’t even play it: I bought the game for her lastnight now her Microsoft account she has had for a few years she can’t seem to login to it it tells her the account doesn’t exist when we know it does anyhow we...
  10. I have been falsely reported by a little kid

    in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been falsely reported by a little kid: I have been false reported by a little kid multiple times for no reason and after he reported me he left the chat so I couldn't do anything and I got a SECOND WARNING for that THE FIRST TIME IT...