Keep Losing Sound When Go to TV

Discus and support Keep Losing Sound When Go to TV in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I keep losing all sound when watching TV. Sound is fine when playing a game but when I try to watch TV no sound. It has been working fine for months... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by storms78, Sep 26, 2014.

1. storms78
    storms78 Guest

I keep losing all sound when watching TV. Sound is fine when playing a game but when I try to watch TV no sound. It has been working fine for months and then all of a sudden nothing. I haven't made any setting changes or unplugged anything. I have a
    Samsung home theater system. Any tips would be hot. I tried all of microsofts troubleshooting but nothing is working.

:)

storms78, Sep 26, 2014
  2. Comcast Cable freezes through Xbox One

Hey guys,

Sometimes this happens when the audio settings on the STB and the Live TV app are mismatched.

Can you do 1 of 2 things:

1) Set your STB to Stereo PCM instead of Dolby/Surround sound

2) Keep your STB on Dolby/Surround and go to TV & OneGuide settings -> troubleshooting and enabled Surround Sound (Beta)

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Sep 26, 2014
  3. Xbox One X not sending audio signal without hard reboot each time it is used

Recently got an One X and it worked fine for a month or so, then randomly after the last update it started losing its audio output every time I turn it on. In order to regain sound I must go into settings and do a hard reset to regain sound. I use HDMI
    to my TV and then my TV's optical out to the receiver. When I go to the sound settings in the Xbox the "bitstream" option gives me an error saying it can't enable it at this time.

YoYoMaStEr 911, Sep 26, 2014
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Connecting series x, LG CX, and Vizio 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos

I'm going off that the OP was going to connect the Xbox to the sound bar then the sound bar to the TV, this route would require the sound bar to have HDMI 2.1 to retain 4K at 120hz for the TV

"If I hook up my series x to sounder and sounder to my LG CX"

"So if I pass the xbox through soundbar to tv, not sure if I will lose some of the features (VRR, 4k 120FPs, etc)?"

If they can connect the Xbox straight to the TV then the TV connects to the sound bar, they should be fine and everything works.
  5. Koop10010 Win User

Cracking sounds when HDMI is set to Bitstream OUT

If your HDMI is going straight from your One to your receiver, there is no point in using anything other than PCM, you are just going to lose sound quality. The only time to use bitstream over HDMI is if your HDMI cable is going to straight to your TV and
    then your TV is sending the sound to your receiver, since optical and coaxial cables will only carry bitstream surround.
  6. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Comcast Cable freezes through Xbox One

Hey guys,

Sometimes this happens when the audio settings on the STB and the Live TV app are mismatched.

Can you do 1 of 2 things:

1) Set your STB to Stereo PCM instead of Dolby/Surround sound

2) Keep your STB on Dolby/Surround and go to TV & OneGuide settings -> troubleshooting and enabled Surround Sound (Beta)
  7. StarCreature648 Win User

movies. and tv app

Resetting my Xbox didn't help this movie and tv app problem when i watch my tv show then go to different TV show then I go back to that tv show there no sound this only app have a no sound problem I even clear persistent storage didn't help but all
    other game have sound
  8. marchiks Win User

Sound set up via HDMI wires

I have 3 hdmi ports on back of receiver 1) Monitor Out; 2) Video 2 in; 3) DVD in

When i set:

TV to Receiver into Monitor Out

Xbox to Receiver into Video 2 IN

If I switch TV on source "TV" , and then switch to Receiver Channel Video 1, there is sound through speakers for TV.

But when I switch HDMI1 on TV and keep the same Receiver Channel Video 1, there is visual for Xbox, but no sound..

What did i do wrong?
Thema:

1. Keep Losing Sound When Go to TV - Similar Threads - Keep Losing Sound

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. I keep losing connection.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I keep losing connection.: when playing Red Dead Redemption 2 online is the worse. I have spent weeks trying every suggestion they make. This started happening just after an upgrade to faster optic internet. Same provider....
  4. My games keeps crashing and losing all my stuff I collected can you fix this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games keeps crashing and losing all my stuff I collected can you fix this: The game loads in and I get lost connection and all my stuff gone frustrating zombie and the water in games is corrupted aswell and as I can see am not the only one facing this situation aswell...
  5. Controllers keep losing connection

in XboX Insiders
    Controllers keep losing connection: On my Xbox One, my controllers sync up and then almost immediately lose connection, causing endless blinking on the controller’s him e button. I originally thought it was my one controller acting...
  6. i keep losing my saved data on xbox one f1 2022

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i keep losing my saved data on xbox one f1 2022: when i return play, i frequently have lost saved data in f1 2022 teams. today after xbox updated i lost save data from 8 races and was put back to season 1 race 22. this has happened several times...
  7. For Call of Duty MW2, why do I keep losing contraband weapons and keys from my stash?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    For Call of Duty MW2, why do I keep losing contraband weapons and keys from my stash?!: When I went to bed, I had 28/40 weapons in my contraband. When I woke up I had 23/40. Same thing with my keys, 28/36 when I went to bed and 23/36 the next day. Please help....
  8. If I am gameshare and reset my console do I lose that gameshare or do I still keep it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I am gameshare and reset my console do I lose that gameshare or do I still keep it...: Do I keep my gameshare if I reset my Xbox as recently my games are saying to do a reset to play them and I am gameshare with my friend and she forgot her login details...
  9. why do i have to lose time playing the 30 challenge game when the stupid ads keep kicking me ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why do i have to lose time playing the 30 challenge game when the stupid ads keep kicking me ...: try to play a normal group of games and the stupid ads kick me off and my time goes on and I am not playing.... then it tells me I take 13 hours tto complete all the games when I timed it myself...
  10. When Transferring Account to Another Email, What Will You Lose/Keep?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When Transferring Account to Another Email, What Will You Lose/Keep?: So, I have had my account for forever and I just want to clarify that if I switch it over to a newer (already made) email address. That the only thing I read you would lose is the currency...