Keep having to reinstall Ultimate Solitaire Collection everytime I shut down the PC. How...

Discus and support Keep having to reinstall Ultimate Solitaire Collection everytime I shut down the PC. How... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys! So, I got Ultimate Solitaire Collection for Xbox, and wanted to use the Play Anywhere feature to play better on my PC with a mouse.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CATpt93TAC, Dec 12, 2023.

1. CATpt93TAC
    CATpt93TAC Guest

Keep having to reinstall Ultimate Solitaire Collection everytime I shut down the PC. How...

Hey guys!

So, I got Ultimate Solitaire Collection for Xbox, and wanted to use the Play Anywhere feature to play better on my PC with a mouse.

Unfortunately, while the game works fine on console, on PC it keeps giving an error when opening.

The game works fine once I install it, but after I shut down the PC and come back again, it won't launch. It says the app failed to launch when I click on the pinned icon (which is grey-ish and with a ! when I see it). When I go to the store to press play, it opens and then shows this:

Keep having to reinstall Ultimate Solitaire Collection everytime I shut down the PC. How... [​IMG]

It states that some files are missing or damaged, and it suggests to correct this on the Xbox App by repairing it. Which I can't cause the game doesn't even show here lol

I tried:

- Checking for updates, there are none
    - Reinstall via Microsoft Store and Windows Settings

- Repair the App via Windows Settings

Nothing works. The only thing that does work is uninstalling completely, search for the game in the Store AGAIN (cause I don't have it showing on my Xbox App nor library at Microsoft Store) and install it.

It's tiring having to do this everytime I turn the PC on and want to play, despite being a small game that installs very quickly.

How can I solve this?

:)

CATpt93TAC, Dec 12, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Keep having to reinstall Ultimate Solitaire Collection everytime I shut down the PC. How can I solve this? - (0x87e50029)

Hello Catarina,

We're glad that we were able to help you find the resolution of your concern.

It is the nature of antivirus to detect suspicious files or apps that may harm your PC.

For future reference, you may check the support page of the antivirus you mention detecting the game as harmful then search how to disable. One thing you can try is to hover your mouse over the hidden icons of your task bar.
    [​IMG]

Look for the icon that is related to antivirus or security or protection for PC then right click on that icon. Select the disable or turn off.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.

To help other customers searching for help on related issues, please mark the response you found most helpful by clicking “Yes” on the bottom of that post. This will ensure the helpful responses are most visible when searching (and you can vote more than once if the solution was spread over multiple posts).

Kind regards,

3. CATpt93TAC Win User

Keep having to reinstall Ultimate Solitaire Collection everytime I shut down the PC. How can I solve this? - (0x87e50029)

Hi,

Thank you for the help.

Sorry I took a while to reply. Didn't have the chance to check earlier.

I tried to turn off or disable the antivirus but couldn't see how. And never got to the part of reinstalling the game. Because just as I tried to open the app today, I got a notification from the antivirus stating the UltimateSolitaireCollection.exe was dangerous and asked to put in quarantine. I selected the option to open an exception.

I restarted the computer to see if the error would return as it used to with a restart, but found no issue. So far I have no reason to believe it will bring me any more problems, but if I do, I already know it would have something to do with the antivirus stopping it.

Still didn't try with a full shutdown and turn on of the computer, though.

Appreciate the help! 🙏

Catarina Ferreira
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello CATpt93TAC,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're unable to launch Ultimate Solitaire Collection on your PC. Based on the error message you provided, it seems like there might be some missing or damaged files that are causing the game to fail to launch.

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Turn off or disable any antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer (or something like game accelerator).
    2. Uninstall and reinstall the Ultimate Solitaire Collection. See if you can reinstall it from Microsoft Store instead of Xbox app. Link: Ultimate Solitaire Collection - Microsoft Apps
    3. Check if you will be able to launch similar games to your PC, please install - Microsoft Solitaire Collection or Microsoft Sudoku.
    4. Repair Xbox app and the games.

If issue still persists, you may need to reach out to the game support and report this issue. If issue persists to all games especially to Microsoft based game, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Windows 10 X Box Live Solitare Collection

That's no good PleasedAunt3437!

Let's try uninstalling the app from your PC. Once the app is uninstalled, restart your PC, then re-download Xbox Live Solitaire Collection. Keep us in the loop with the results of the reinstall!
  6. TiggerCat700 Win User

Unable to download Microsoft Solitare Collection

How do I reinstall Microsoft Solitaire collection on my laptop
Thema:

1. Keep having to reinstall Ultimate Solitaire Collection everytime I shut down the PC. How... - Similar Threads - Keep having reinstall

2. If i factory reset will the Xbox keep the built in game i have ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i factory reset will the Xbox keep the built in game i have ?: Hello I wanted to know if i factory reset my Xbox will it keep my built in game i have . In this case it is Forza Horizon 5 . Even if i create a new account on it Naglis...
  3. My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...: My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has not worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this as it happens in every game a play or even sometime...
  4. I keep getting charged 13.55 even tho I don’t have any subscription. What do I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I keep getting charged 13.55 even tho I don’t have any subscription. What do I do?: How do I get it off so it stops. I don’t have any subscription and my card is not on xbox 8d15ab5e-a813-498e-b49c-663a273eb8bc
  5. If a friend has game shared their game with me do i have to keep logging in to there...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If a friend has game shared their game with me do i have to keep logging in to there...: Just wondering my friend wants to game share with me but dose that mean i have to keep logging in to his account to play the game or can i just log in to mine? 6e652558-90d1-4520-a9c5-c405e2c408f1
  6. game keeps stopping and having an error when i download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game keeps stopping and having an error when i download: so im trying to download hell let loose on xbox pc but every time i try to it stops and has an error at 50 to 60 percent ive tried reinstalling it multipole times and no luck also other games will...
  7. Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. Have changed batteries,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. Have changed batteries,...: Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. I have changed the batteries, updated controller, console etc and it still says it. Unable to play...
  8. I started using my mother's account when I was a child do I have to keep using it forever...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I started using my mother's account when I was a child do I have to keep using it forever...: I started using my mother's account when I was a child do I have to permanently use it or is there a way to seperate it 09446196-2dfe-4e62-bb7c-ad5d4f87417c
  9. I have been trying to save emblems but I keep getting an error why can’t we save emblems...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been trying to save emblems but I keep getting an error why can’t we save emblems...: Microsoft can you please let us create emblems again I have been trying to make new emblems and as even go far as competing and none of the emblems save. Everyone speculates it’s because of...
  10. I keep having to constantly reinstall MW2 the new one because this dumb error code 0x87e50033

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I keep having to constantly reinstall MW2 the new one because this dumb error code 0x87e50033: I keep having to constantly reinstall MW2 the new one because this dumb error code 0x87e50033 ever since the update for the game it's been needing me to uninstall and reinstall the game for this...