Keep getting dropped from games but no Live

Discus and support Keep getting dropped from games but no Live in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Keep getting dropped from games but no Live Hello, I would like to start by saying I live in student housing for university. And to get internet we... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by MatMachine26, Nov 10, 2017.

1. MatMachine26
    MatMachine26 Guest

Hello, I would like to start by saying I live in student housing for university. And to get internet we sign up with a company called Keysurf. This means there is no router in my home which I can reset or access, which is what most suggestions seem to be
    based on.

With that in mind, for the past couple of weeks I have been unable to complete a single game online. I usually play FIFA 18 or Halo 5, there is no lag before being dropped and afterwards I connect easily. It's gotten so bad that I can't even stay in a party
    for long before being dropped.

My internet speeds are usually 20 mbps download and 20 upload, but the NAT type is usually strict, and it also says UPnP not successful. Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

MatMachine26, Nov 10, 2017
  2. Its2Oxy
    Its2Oxy Guest
    Keep getting dropped from games!

Hi,

I have experienced this before when playing MW2 or Halo3. I managed to fix it by port forwarding, I not sure if you may have tried this already but if you haven't, I would suggest it. There are plenty of tutorials on the net on how to do it, also all the
    ports that need to be opened can be found here -->
    support.xbox.com/.../network-ports-used-xbox-live
    I would open all of them, that is what worked on my router, could be different on yours though.

Its2Oxy, Nov 10, 2017
  3. Keep getting dropped from games!

I keep getting dropped from games now matter which one i play..NBA 2k12, COD MW3 or Mass Effect 3. I've tried rebooting or cold starting everything..modem,router,xbox,cpu. My connection is good get about 20MB down, 1.5MB up ping is around 80.

North Carolina, USA

Modem: Ubee U10C018.80

Router: Netgear WPN824N

Wired Connection

UPnP Enabled

No NAT error

Not Error Codes

Time Warner

W 0000-000B

X 0000-F001

Y 20A8-4840

Z 0000-0000