Just tried playing an old game which was on Games for Windows. What now?

Discus and support Just tried playing an old game which was on Games for Windows. What now? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had "games for windows" games a while back, but apparently they discontinued the service. How do I play them? Can I retrieved the keys for use on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by QuietSteak7275, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Just tried playing an old game which was on Games for Windows. What now?

I had "games for windows" games a while back, but apparently they discontinued the service. How do I play them? Can I retrieved the keys for use on another system? What should I do?

:)

QuietSteak7275, Jan 8, 2016
  2. microsoft solitaire collection does not work in windows 8

Have you tried playing the game in compatibility mode?

Edit: Forget what I just said. I thought it was a Games for Windows game. I didn't realise it is a Windows 8 app. Try deleting the app and redownloading it again.

StuartATrueRed, Jan 8, 2016
  3. nattles
    nattles Guest
    MineSweeper: Can't Sign-In

I'm also having this problem on Surface pro 4 for Mahjong and Sudoku. Just downloaded and tried minesweeper and it's doing it there too. I actually have no problems playing these games on my old Surface pro 1 (with windows 10 installed on it too). The only
    game that works on surface pro 4 is Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

nattles, Jan 8, 2016
  4. Jena Makarov
    Jena Makarov Guest

Games for Windows Live is still up and running, they just don't support it any longer, so no more updates.

Some titles such as Resident Evil 5 have migrated to Steam. If you have the serial number for the game you can follow the instructions here

www.fuzeqna.com/.../kbdetail.aspx
    to redeem it on Steam.

Jena Makarov, Jan 9, 2016
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: