Just lost 9.99 due to "Gold Exclusive Price" tag bug

Discus and support Just lost 9.99 due to "Gold Exclusive Price" tag bug in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A little while ago I purchased a Live Membership for $9.99 because I was browsing the Xbox Marketplace, specifically this part:... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by I Was Renamed, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Just lost 9.99 due to "Gold Exclusive Price" tag bug

A little while ago I purchased a Live Membership for $9.99 because I was browsing the Xbox Marketplace, specifically this part:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Terraria-Xbox-360-Edition/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841128f?noSplash=1

All day, that link stated that the "Gold Exclusive Price" for Terraria was $4.94, so, thinking that purchasing a membership would grant me a major discount, I did. The only problem was that whenever I tried "Checking Out" it wanted to charge me $14.99.

I opened a live chat with Xbox Support, and halfway through the chat I once again refreshed the Terraria Marketplace page, when the "Gold Exclusive Price" was no longer there. I feel cheated. I know it was just a 'bug', 'glitch', or whatever you want to
    call it, but to me it was $9.99 down the drain. So, instead of spending $9.99 + $4.94 as it stated when I purchased my membership, I have to dish out $25 dollars for Terraria because of a coding error within the Xbox Marketplace.

Is there any chance of having this issue resolved?

:)

I Was Renamed, Aug 12, 2014
  2. Gold Exclusive Price?

I just saw the Dark Souls games-on-demand version priced at $10 as a gold exclusive price -- $20 otherwise. Having never seen a "gold exclusive price" before, my question is this: is this a timed pricing? I didn't see anything indicating an end date, but
    you never know w/ gaming comps, thus the question. Cheers!

BlackHawkDrunk, Aug 12, 2014
  3. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    Xbox One users who bought console a year ago

So true. I bought the first two map-packs for Titanfall at $9.99 (Full price.). Seen the season pass on sale last week for $8.75, so purchased that just because it was cheaper than the $9.99 for the last map-pack. NOW the season pass is $6 and some change.
    Do I feel cheated? No.

Most things get cheaper; especially entertainment devices. Think of it this way, you got to watch the X1 grow over the last year...cherished memories that can't be bought for any of amount of money. These "newbies" got a console with most of the bugs worked
    out; now where's the fun in that? ;-)

Peace, J.R.

J.R.G., Aug 12, 2014
  4. Just lost 9.99 due to "Gold Exclusive Price" tag bug

Edit: The "Gold Exclusive Price" pricetag only disappeared after the Live Chat Support guy said "Let me check if there is an active promotion for Terraria." I find this very strange.

I Was Renamed, Aug 12, 2014
  5. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    The deal for the Gold special price for Terraria was from August 5-11 as per Major Nelson's blog post.

majornelson.com/.../weeks-deals-gold-4

If you attempted to purchase it today, which was a day late for the sale, you probably would have had the regular price anyway.

I would recommend keeping an eye on Major Nelson's blog in the future to stay up to date on current sales and offers.

onyxishere, Aug 12, 2014
  6. xTye
    xTye Guest
    Silver members do not have access to Gold exclusive deals. You're not Gold, so you weren't entitled to the discount.

7. I PURCHASED gold to get the discount, but after spending the 9.99 on gold to become a gold member (let me stress this one more time), which made me a gold member who is entitled to the gold member discounts, the discount would not apply.

Then I opened a support ticket, and not 30 seconds after telling the representative what game I was trying to purchase, the "Gold exclusive price" tag disappeared, and it was no longer on sale. Then I was told "It must be a bug with your browser" by the
    representative.

I Was Renamed, Aug 24, 2014
  8. Just lost 9.99 due to "Gold Exclusive Price" tag bug

xTye: Read the post I just made, then this one.

The whole problem was that the store said I could purchase the game for under 5 dollars (if I spent 9.99 on a membership,) but after spending 9.99 on the membership to be able to purchase the game for under 5 dollars, I found out I really needed to spend
    another 15 dollars for the game because of microsoft's negligence toward their "Gold exclusive sales" price listings on the website.

So instead of spending 9.99 + 4.94 for the game I wanted, I ended up paying 9.99 +14.99. Is this clear enough englando for you?

Please, next time you chime in on someone's post, fully read and comprehend what is being said. It clearly stated that I was a gold member, though your argument stated I was not?

Very first line of my original post: "A little while ago I purchased a Live Membership for $9.99"

I Was Renamed, Aug 24, 2014
  9. xTye
    xTye Guest
    My post was based off what I saw at that moment. What I saw was you were still a Silver member when you made this topic. Don't insult me with comments saying I can't comprehend it. Obviously YOU didn't watch very closely nor did you know that there is a
    delay when you purchase Gold via Xbox.com. It was likely your subscription hadn't been applied quiet yet, which is pretty common when you add Gold via Xbox.com.

Had you waited a couple of hours, it would have shown up and you should have been given the Gold price.

All I'm trying to do is give you an idea as to what seems to have happened. Don't be rude to those trying to help. It gets you nowhere.

10. Draw176
    Draw176 Guest
    Not picking sides here but the post I just read stated he purchased gold. I didn't even look at the membership color. Maybe the system was just slow in recognizing the gold membership as far as relating it to the forums or maybe it was a simple bug somewhere.
    Just calm down.

Draw176, Aug 24, 2014
  11. Hey, all! This issue is resolved by the fact that I Was Renamed tried buying a Gold Exclusive game the day after the sale ended. Because this issue is resolved and no further troubleshooting can be done, I'm going to lock this thread.

Misses Quinzel, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Just lost 9.99 due to "Gold Exclusive Price" tag bug