Just got gamepass, all game installation is stuck in "Preparing 0%"

Discus and support Just got gamepass, all game installation is stuck in "Preparing 0%" in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For context, I live in Malaysia. I saw this article saying that PC gamepass is coming to SEA and Xbox is releasing a preview of it. I immediately... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/lonewolf0406, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Just got gamepass, all game installation is stuck in "Preparing 0%"

For context, I live in Malaysia. I saw this article saying that PC gamepass is coming to SEA and Xbox is releasing a preview of it. I immediately downloaded the Xbox Insider Hub, got myself registered and subscribed to the gamepass.

Here is where the problem comes, I tried installing a game and every time it's stuck on 'Preparing 0%" and it gives me this error after some time: 0x00000001.

I tried all the troubleshooting steps but the problem still persists, and I don't know if this is a well-known bug or if it's just something that exists in the preview version I am using currently.

Article I am referring to: https://news.microsoft.com/en-my/20...pass-to-five-new-countries-in-southeast-asia/

submitted by /u/lonewolf0406
    [link] [comments]

/u/lonewolf0406, Apr 15, 2022
  2. XBF - Staniel Win User

PC Gamepass - Game install stuck at 0% preparing or downloading

Good to know! Thanks for keeping me updated and will look into the delay.

Happy gaming!
  3. KagutsuchiZA Win User

Hi Staniel,

Sure thing.

1. I tried this on Yakuza 4 the first time, then wolfenstein the second time (a couple of times) and then some other random game (not minecraft).

2. I did the first time with Yakuza 4. After I formatted and reinstalled windows, nothing happend. It just stayed stuck at preparing/downloading for about 30min before I terminated the program.

3. I don't think so. On the xbox app it asks me to join, so I don't think so.

4. No I didn't. Filling a bug report is extremely difficult to find how to do. I really don't know, but I spent hours on Microsoft websites trying to find anyway to submit bug reports or queries or even this forum. (I find this form by going to "my profile" and scrolling all the way down to see my posts, but there are like 4 of 5 different "my profile" websites for Microsoft, which makes it very difficult). All I could find was endless loops to Microsoft FAQ websites I will submit a bug report they way you describe and see if I can find it.
  4. KagutsuchiZA Win User

Hi Staniel,

Ok I have submitted a ticket via the feedback hub, but I see there are a lot of them. Let me know if you find anything regarding the delay. I don't know why but my friends app goes quickly, but mine has a major delay before starting the download.
  5. KagutsuchiZA Win User

Hi Staniel.

Ok, I subscribed again and installed Yakuza again. After being stuck at "downloading" for about 30minutes, it randomly actually started downloading.

So formatting the PC solved the issue, but the delay for the download to actually start is frustrating, but at least it installs.
  6. XBF - Staniel Win User

Greetings KagutsuchiZA,

Sorry to hear about your issues with getting your game installed. Let me see if we can help.

Would you mind answering a couple of questions to help me understand a bit more with what is going on.

1. How many games have you tried this on? You mentioned "any" but I am trying to see if it's only been a couple or more.
    2. Are you receiving an error message of any kind? If so, can you kindly post that here as a reply. Please make sure to remove any and all personal information such as gamertags and emails from the screenshot.
    3. Are you a part of any Insider program?
    4. Have you filed a bug report yet for this issue from the Windows Feedback Hub? If you have not, please do so now. Simply use the shortcut (Windows Key + F) and fill out the following form. Please do this after replicating the issue and the tool will include the appropriate logs during submission. Use the category of Apps -> Xbox when submitting
    Thank you for your assistance with this and looking forward to your response!
Thema:

Just got gamepass, all game installation is stuck in "Preparing 0%"

1. Just got gamepass, all game installation is stuck in "Preparing 0%" - Similar Threads - got gamepass game

2. Remnant 2 Main character with 80 hours just got deleted off the gamepass version..Anyway to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remnant 2 Main character with 80 hours just got deleted off the gamepass version..Anyway to...: im playing remnant 2 on gamepass. got 80 hours in...collected all items in yeasha and losomn. just got the cube gun and enigma..went today to play more..my controller has back buttons and tried to...
  3. Why don't PC gamepass players got the same thing as Xbox players does in the achievements ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don't PC gamepass players got the same thing as Xbox players does in the achievements ?: First thing sorry for my English I am not a native speaker. secondly, I want to say that the GamePass achievements on PC are very poor compared to Xbox and it doesn't look like the Xbox...
  4. Minecraft Java Edition Username stuck on second account using Xbox gamepass that got...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition Username stuck on second account using Xbox gamepass that got...: Hi, I'm here asking for help, a few months ago I bought an Xbox GamePass using my second Microsoft account to play Minecraft, months later, I finally bought the full Minecraft on my main account,...
  5. I was playing gta online and lost gamepass and it kicked me out I got gamepass again and it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was playing gta online and lost gamepass and it kicked me out I got gamepass again and it...: I was playing gta online and lost gamepass and it kicked me out I got gamepass again and it says my account doest have permission fe8ea9ab-1e05-4814-ab30-e52a5a7f5ea2
  6. Hey, I recently got Xbox Gamepass yesterday and I could download games on my D: drive fine,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey, I recently got Xbox Gamepass yesterday and I could download games on my D: drive fine,...: The D: Drive is an external hard drive from Seagate and I've had since about December last year. It has 2tb storage and incase it helps it's mandalorian themed. 7678710f-b997-48bd-b8b5-7760385ecec0
  7. so i loaded up xbox app pc and it said i got a free ultimate gamepass so i got it and i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    so i loaded up xbox app pc and it said i got a free ultimate gamepass so i got it and i...: i dont have any new games on my pass it also says on microsoft website that you can get starfield for pc. 9ec3e4e0-e8ae-40f4-baba-27360c468641
  8. I have just got the gamepass and bought the Age of Empires III game but the xbox app on pc...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have just got the gamepass and bought the Age of Empires III game but the xbox app on pc...: I have just got the gamepass and bought the Age of Empires III game but the xbox app on pc can't launch it so I'm stuck and cant get a call back from support just get a greyed out screen and I...
  9. Saved game not being detected after gamepass ultimate got expired

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saved game not being detected after gamepass ultimate got expired: Currently I have an active gamepass ultimate, previously when it was expired my save game was not being detected and was being asked to create a mission or start from the beginning of the game. I...
  10. Game was on game pass but is off of gamepass but ive had the game for years before i got...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game was on game pass but is off of gamepass but ive had the game for years before i got...: So I've had RDR2 installed since 2018. I am using my friends Xbox services for the past few years as well, and she just recently got the game pass. Today RDR2 is now off of game pass and although...