Just build a new pc, with drives from my old pc in there. I had already installed games on...

Discus and support Just build a new pc, with drives from my old pc in there. I had already installed games on... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So yesterday i build my new pc, i am using drives from my old pc with games already installed on there. Now on the xbox app i can't see those games... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FamilieHulsebos, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Just build a new pc, with drives from my old pc in there. I had already installed games on...

So yesterday i build my new pc, i am using drives from my old pc with games already installed on there. Now on the xbox app i can't see those games anymore. I tried changing the download folder to the folder where those games were in but it didnt change anything, how do i fix this?

:)

FamilieHulsebos, Dec 29, 2023
  2. SluggoV2 Win User

Built new gaming PC, now I can't access my game pass games or install new ones to that drive

Not the answer I hoping to hear.

This may become a real problem for PC gamers using game pass as typically when we upgrade our PC we usually use our storage devices for the new builds. I don't have any issues with other PC platforms like Steam or Origin when comes to this.

I can put the drive back in my old PC and boot it, but what do I do then to change the files and prevent this from happening when I switch it back to my new PC. It seems the files are secured.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Just build a new pc, with drives from my old pc in there. I had already installed games on there. I only cant see them in the xbox app, how do i fix this?

You would have to redownload them to your new PC. The licences for the games are for the old PC, hence why they do not show up on your new one.
  4. OffMocha37 Win User

After transfering with Hard Drive transfer cable from old drive to new xbox 360 slim with not load new games

Thing is I was reading threads before I posted.

But my xbox does read dics for games I already had on new hard drive before I transfered from old drive

and stuff from old drive does not show on my new drive but shows old drive has been wiped clean.

example I had played call of duty3 on xbox360 slim before transfer and information was on it`s drive so

I put it in tray it read it loaded game and I can play it. I had not download whole game on drive just saves rewards

But will not load new games and looks like what I had tried to transfer is lost.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

cant download any games from xbox on my pc

The error does not refer to the fact that you already have it installed on another PC but that there is already an installed version on this PC, try first to install from the Microsoft store on the C drive please
  6. Feral Boar 66 Win User

Discs still reading after install? Downloads in the background when off? (not in standby)

Again, why would it need to read if it is completely installed? PCs, and the old 360 did not do this. the disc had to be in the drive to verify you own the game but it wasn't actually reading to streaming material from the disc during the game (if the whole
    thing was installed that is).
Thema:

Just build a new pc, with drives from my old pc in there. I had already installed games on...

1. Just build a new pc, with drives from my old pc in there. I had already installed games on... - Similar Threads - build drives old

2. Constant various BSODs on a newly reset PC build

in XBoX on Windows
    Constant various BSODs on a newly reset PC build: Hello, I built my PC about 6 months ago and it has been working well for some time, but over the last few weeks I have been plagued by constant BSODs from various sources. Most of them seem to be...
  3. Serious problems with party chat with the last few Alpha builds.

in XboX Insiders
    Serious problems with party chat with the last few Alpha builds.: When you start a party chat it automatically sets it self to game chat mode and you must go in and disable it then re-enable and disable it before the party chat will actually work. Also. If you...
  4. steam build word frozen at start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    steam build word frozen at start up: im doing games on pc edge win 11. Game just started doing that for me as well. uninstalled, reinstalled. I click on tabs and nothing its frozen at the main screen. Nothing responds to clicking or...
  5. Xbox App using insider build, but I cannot download the insider app to opt out.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App using insider build, but I cannot download the insider app to opt out.: Whenever I try accessing the Xbox Insider App, I am told I have to download "xbox-insider2" link, when I click on it to get to the store page I get an error that the link was not a functioning...
  6. Xbox Alpha Builds friends list is blank

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Alpha Builds friends list is blank: My friends list is currently showing no friends online for the last couple of builds , I have raised a problem and completely reset the Xbox series x but still see the issue. Is anyone else seeing...
  7. Do issues from Insider release notes apply to the stable build as well?

in XboX Insiders
    Do issues from Insider release notes apply to the stable build as well?: From the latest build release notes: We are investigating reports of an issue where the console may not connect to their network as expected on boot. If you experience this, be sure to report...
  8. Steamworld Build crashes everytime I try to load a save.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Steamworld Build crashes everytime I try to load a save.: Hello, I'm having trouble with Steamworld Build on Xbox Series X. I can't load my save. If I press continue it starts the loading screen then crashes to desktop. Likewise if I use the load...
  9. Can't build in Starlight Drive-in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't build in Starlight Drive-in: I have been searching for a solution for this for a while now. I have done the quest line to settle Starlight and I have access to the workbench. However, I can only enter build mode if I'm behind...
  10. After upgrading to the latest build, my near empty 2.7 tb external storage drive is now 100% ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After upgrading to the latest build, my near empty 2.7 tb external storage drive is now 100% ...: The external drive was nearly empty yesterday, and with the latest update it is 100% full and unusable. I even tried to format it again and it has been going for two hours without any progress....