Just bought xbox one minecraft at Walmart but it's old version??

Discus and support Just bought xbox one minecraft at Walmart but it's old version?? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hello I recently got an Xbox one finally. I have been an Xbox live member since approx 2001. I have owned xbox, xbox 360 and now finally xbox one. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by A UNIT, Apr 8, 2018.

1. A UNIT
    A UNIT Guest

Hello I recently got an Xbox one finally. I have been an Xbox live member since approx 2001. I have owned xbox, xbox 360 and now finally xbox one. I upgraded to get access to all the newest games.

I went to Walmart today and bought minecraft xbox one edition. It sucked having to buy it again but I've bought it four times now no big deal(android, 360,pc and windows 10)

I get home load it up and it tells me to get the new version for 25.99 or its free if you have played for 5 hours in the last year or bought dlc. Or have the digital version. I have done both but on every other platform but xbox one obviously.

I don't know why I'm being punished for buying a physical copy of a game at Walmart. I would think people who buy a physical copy or digital should be treated the same but I guess not.

Now I have to spend another 26 dollars on top of the 23 with tax I just spent to get the newest version of minecraft? I honestly feel scammed. I could just swallow having to buy the game on different platforms 5 times over but to have to do it twice on the
    same platform is just insane.

Walmart won't take back an opened game. Not sure what else to say other then is someone new running Microsoft since the Xbox one era? Because in the past I was always treated fairly with my purchases, repairs etc.

:)

A UNIT, Apr 8, 2018
  2. Problem with Xbox live arcade game.

My Xbox got the red ring so I bought a new one but i used my hard drive from my old xbox but when i put my hard drive in it. for some reason my minecraft comes up as a demo when off line. I don't have Internet at my house so the only way I can play is
    at a friends with Internet. I bought the full game and It was the full game on my old Xbox but now it's just a demo. I tried to delete it and re download but it still comes up as a demo when I'm offline. Plz help

xXR3AP3RoFD3ATH, Apr 8, 2018
  3. Xbox One Counterfit FIFA14 bought at Walmart

thanks man for the head up!!!!

game on!

Cant Hold me23, Apr 8, 2018
  4. A UNIT
    A UNIT Guest

Oh I just found out all my dlc battle packs skins etc don't carry over because they canceled that feature also. I read when it came out it worked so I never hesitated to buy any dlc knowing I'd have it on my Xbox one when I got one.

A UNIT, Apr 8, 2018
  5. Sorry to hear about the experience there, A UNIT!

There's more information in the
    Minecraft Better Together FAQ
    that can help clarify the differences between the various versions of the game.

In this case, we'd recommend reaching out to our
    Chat or Phone
    support teams - they'll be best able to assist you further with exploring possible options for that.

Mister Quasar, Apr 8, 2018
  6. A UNIT
    A UNIT Guest
    They're the ones who said unfortunately they wouldn't be able to do something because they have no power over promotions but you guys did so post here for help.

A UNIT, Apr 9, 2018
  7. Sorry to hear that.

We wouldn't have additional options available here on the forums beyond what the Chat or Phone team would be able to provide, I'm afraid.

Mister Quasar, Apr 11, 2018
  8. A UNIT
    A UNIT Guest

So basically Microsoft price gauges you with trickery. Awesome. I regret buying an Xbox over a playstation for the first time ever. I wonder why playstation is killing it in sales vs the Xbox. I'll give you a hint two words. Customer service.

Why wasn't there an end date posted when the upgrade your 360 minecraft for 5$ and bring your dlc to Xbox one when it was announced? You just add an expiry way later Into it hoping people just remember what you promised and don't look it up again until you
    have their money. More trickery and disgusting customer service.

A UNIT, Apr 12, 2018
  9. A UNIT
    A UNIT Guest
    Still waiting for the reply as to why there wasn't an end date to the upgrade your 360 version of minecraft to xbox one for $5 when it was first announced. Also the same question to transfer your dlc it was announced you could with no timeline then later
    added you could only do it until a certain date.

Great customer service as usual takes over 2 weeks for a reply to a question

A UNIT, Nov 3, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: