Just bought my third Elite Series 2... and guess what?

Discus and support Just bought my third Elite Series 2... and guess what? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been having a battle with these controllers for the better part of a year now. Look at my questions on here. I finally said I've had enough... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Spatt11101, Oct 3, 2023.

1. Spatt11101
    Spatt11101 Guest

I have been having a battle with these controllers for the better part of a year now.

Look at my questions on here.

I finally said I've had enough with sending in for repair to be controller-less for over 2 weeks. I went out and bought another controller last week to this day.

STRAIGHT out of the box, the A button would respond 7/10 times. I tried contact cleaner and no dice. I sent back my controller to the store today, got an exchange, I was walked ALLLL the way back to the electronics, picked another controller off of the shelf after it was unlocked, and then was scanned, bagged, receipt given, and I'm on my merry way.
    I get back home, unpackaging in anxiety, excitement, and worry. I plug it up, go straight to the controller labs on Xbox, test out the buttons, all buttons working

except the A button, responding yet again 7/10 times. Why is this company cutting corners like this?

What do I do, I'm so sick of sending my controller off for 2 weeks, to be returned back, no, not a NEW controller, but a repurposed one, one that has even more flaws than the new right out of the box controllers.

What can I do about this? I can't even take it back and buy another one tomorrow because my INITIAL refund won't be deposited into my account until UP TO 10 business days.

Like dude, what even is this, what is causing this problem even? why do some people get FLAWLESS controllers, then there are people like myself who get nothing BUT defective controllers?

And before someone may say it, I'm not just going to revert to having lesser-than. A majority of the people who say "just refund it and never buy it again, go buy a razer controller" have clearly never held one of these controllers and experience how amazing it is....

...WHEN IT WORKS!

:)

Spatt11101, Oct 3, 2023
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

I've had basically the same experience as you.

I pre-ordered one from Amazon back when they were first announced. Within a minute of using it, just browsing the dashboard, I could tell the A button wasn't always registering a press. I swapped it out for a replacement - same thing. I swapped that one out for another replacement - same thing. At that point I got a refund and went back to my first gen Elite (which was also a horribly flawed controller).

I left it for a while and bought another one - same thing. I swapped that out for a replacement - same thing, only it wasn't anywhere near as bad, so I thought I'd keep it for a while to see if the button "wore in". Rather than that happening, the RB button started to do a double - and sometimes triple - press when only pressed once. Again, I got a refund and thought "a working one of these just doesn't exist".

Earlier this year I thought I would try again as SURELY MS would have fixed the issue by now (lol). I used MS Rewards points to pay for it. It had the A button issue sometimes, but as I used a paddle instead of the A button, I thought I'd stick with it, but after 3-4 months, RB broke.

Currently, I'm on the best one I've owned so far, as it's literally the only one where nothing was wrong with it out of the box. It's a replacement MS sent and while it was not in retail packaging, it looked absolutely brand new. I've been using that for a couple of weeks, but if it breaks before Christmas I won't be surprised.

I also agree with what you said about not being able to go back to a regular controller, nor switch to another brand - not that there is even another brand that offers an Elite-equivalent controller that is wireless, cos MS won't let them use Xbox Wireless so they can make one!

It is completely baffling to me that they will keep selling knowingly flawed products for YEARS, only ever making a change when an entirely new version comes out, but then it can be rinse and repeat with that as well. It shows such disdain for the consumer, especially given the cost of these controllers.
  3. Spatt11101 Win User

I've been playing around with it today, used some BW-100 on the buttons and it's been better, but still inconsistent.

Playing Destiny with a friend, mid raid all of a sudden, the right thumbstick gets COMPLETELY jammed, my dude's looking up at the sky and everything. Now I can't even set the stick straight in it's default position.

Come on Xbox.
  4. Gupx UK Win User

Elite controller series 2

They might even have a series 3 for that!

Just bought my Razor Ultimate which is sooo impressive I will skip the series 2 Elite.
  5. D4vid 360 Win User

What is the most advanced controller on the market as of now, June 2020??????

Best controller for playing is with no doubt the elite series 2. I do not know if there is some orher type of third party controller that can have some better connectivity/personalization. But in general, series 1 and 2 of the elite are top
  6. GypsyMic Win User

wireless

My guess is you bought the wrong device for the wrong console.

Can you give us some information on your sons console, the model? (white (launch, pro), black with flat black (elite), shiny weird looking (slim), shiny, looks like a book (slim 2))? For instance, a hard drive for a launch, pro, elite system won't work on
    a slim or slim 2 console. Perhaps you could of bought a third party wireless adapter as well? Was it used?
Thema:

1. Just bought my third Elite Series 2... and guess what? - Similar Threads - bought third Elite

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...

in XBoX on Windows
    New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...: My new card says been redeemed by somebody else and won't let me check balance with code tell's me to contact customer support c8e332fc-d3c6-4dd4-a0dc-98d26ea5c155
  4. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  5. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  6. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  7. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  8. I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?: I am moving from Sweden to the US. I want to understand what kind of adaptor is needed for my appliances to work in the US. 3fa1c45a-2806-4ad4-9279-b6a95f0cc042
  9. Im on my third controller the original had stick drift out the box and bought new on and it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im on my third controller the original had stick drift out the box and bought new on and it...: Im on my third controller the original had stick drift out 01dbdd14-14d7-4c88-ba09-2f4ffb889a64
  10. #COVID-19 We bought a third XBox One console

in XBoX on Consoles
    #COVID-19 We bought a third XBox One console: Do I need to buy another copy of games that worked perfectly on the first two consoles? I just got a third console to stop our children from fighting. We have no idea how long we will need to...