Just bought and tried to open Overwatch but it tries to update and then says error. Help

Discus and support Just bought and tried to open Overwatch but it tries to update and then says error. Help in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; SO I just bought Over watch, was really excited to play but then when I try to open it, it tries to update but then it "fails" and I get an error... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CraftyCheshire, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Just bought and tried to open Overwatch but it tries to update and then says error. Help

SO I just bought Over watch, was really excited to play but then when I try to open it, it tries to update but then it "fails" and I get an error message. When to support troubleshooting page on xbox support but it says that the error code is not found??????
    Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how to fix it?

:)

CraftyCheshire, Nov 15, 2016
  2. Installation problem

I keep getting error code (0x80070570) whenever I try installing Overwatch. It said Overwatch was corrupt and to uninstall then install again. I uninstalled it and now I can't install it again. I bought Overwatch from the store not on disc.

I tried searching the error code but it's apparently a 360 code even though this is on Xbox one. If someone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

killerhunter889, Nov 15, 2016
  3. fordstanger
    fordstanger Guest
    help new 360 update failed w/error code

Help, not finding anything in search. tried MS support suggestions with no help. Just bought a new xbox and have had numerous consoles so not new to xbox. selected the update after logging into profile and the console froze. I only have access to a MAC but I am sure the file downloaded from the MS site is on the USB drive now getting the same bs error code.

fordstanger, Nov 15, 2016
  4. vinokwon Win User

Error with a few online games

I have xbox live gold, a good connection with a open nat and all my other account are fine, but the account I purchased games on(battlefield v, overwatch) won't go online. Privacy is set to adult setting but I still cannot play and get the stuff I was supposed
    to either. It's just that one account, and I tried going to EA but it wont even let me login with xbox because my "microsoft/xbox account has a error". I really need help but the xbox support wait times are just horrendous.

Edit*

I already tried reinstalling, and powercycle, doesnt work
    Are you hard wired or wireless

I tried both wired and wireless(wifi) and both does not work for some reason, tried to log in to ea with my xbox acc for battlefield v, but it just says theres a error with your xbox account and doesn't let me in. I tried linking and unlinking battle net accounts
    for overwatch and it doesn't work either. This is a Microsoft account problem, a serious one. My privacy settings are set to adult(it didn't change on the web so I had to do it through xbox for some reason)
  5. michiamojack Win User

Tried and tried and tried

I will use the phone support and I will check out that link, thank you.

Is there no one I can actually speak to in person? Go somewhere to prove my ownership?
  6. Mark Sherwood Win User

BeadyTunic62 hey there :)

This page
    HERE
    should hopefully help you to recover / remember your forgotten email address (Microsoft Account) or password.

If the problem is due to forgetting your Microsoft Account and the above page does not help, then you will need to contact Phone Support. After providing them with your gamertag, they will
    go through some security questions with you to prove that you own the account. Once they are satisfied that you have ownership of the profile, they will release the email address to you.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud

EDIT: Ninja'd
  7. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Hello There,

BeadyTunic62 We are unable to help with issues of password resets or changing parental e-mail's. You will need to try
    to reset the password
    , if that does not work, please try to fill out the account recovery form here.

If you don't have access to either of these options, you will need to contact the Microsoft Account team here. You
    May Have To Phone Support Up Regarding This Issue, Thank You Very Much For Your Understanding In This Matter,

As previously stated, we have absolutely no control over resetting passwords or changing e-mails Or Recovering Information For You,
  8. michiamojack Win User

Unfortunately 12 year olds don't consider things like this when they get their first xbox and set up their account. But again thanks for the help.
Thema:

Just bought and tried to open Overwatch but it tries to update and then says error. Help

1. Just bought and tried to open Overwatch but it tries to update and then says error. Help - Similar Threads - bought tried open

2. I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...: I just bought a game and when I try to play a match I get a pop up telling me I must choose a plan right form me even tho I bought the game. Can I get some assistance please...
  3. So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was...

in XBoX on Windows
    So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was...: So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was told, it told him to go to xbox home, what now? e8d53929-9203-4558-982b-c79241a16cc0
  4. i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...: i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play said game, i get a message saying that my xbox is overheating and it turns off. this is ridiculous...
  5. Hi I bought an xbox dev account for my series s but all i get when trying to activate it is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi I bought an xbox dev account for my series s but all i get when trying to activate it is...: Xbox dev mode activations error c52f5548-aa27-47c1-947a-7b269c339945
  6. So I bought a fast card in game currency card from Walmart and I’m trying to figure out...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I bought a fast card in game currency card from Walmart and I’m trying to figure out...: I purchased this from Walmart in ta not like the normal. 25 character gift card. I already had to go back to the store to get a reprint of my receipt which they instructed me would have the...
  7. I bought a wireless XB006 headphone yesterday but tried connecting to my phone Bluetooth...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a wireless XB006 headphone yesterday but tried connecting to my phone Bluetooth...: I bought a wireless XB006 headphone yesterday but tried connecting to my phone Bluetooth and it is not connecting. I am just receiving can't communicate with XB. What should I do?...
  8. I bought Modern Warfare 3 Vault Edition but when I launch the game and try to access...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Modern Warfare 3 Vault Edition but when I launch the game and try to access...: I play warzone on my xbox series X and with the Christmas discounts I purchased MW3 vault edition. When it finished downloading I tried to play but it said I needed to purchase the vault edition....
  9. I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play...: I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play roblox, it asks for a disc to be inserted? What's the issue? Only happening on the old xbox....
  10. I bought 2k24 installed it and tried to open it and it said you don't have rights for this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought 2k24 installed it and tried to open it and it said you don't have rights for this...: I bought and won't let me play b2c829c6-eff5-402e-a1b8-678741ae1d0a