Joysticks and triggers not working on remote play. How do I fix this? I'm using a 5g...

Discus and support Joysticks and triggers not working on remote play. How do I fix this? I'm using a 5g... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Joysticks and triggers not working on remote play. How do I fix this? I'm using a 5g OnePlus Nord n200. I've tried 4 different controllers with the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jameson knott, Sep 16, 2023.

1. Joysticks and triggers not working on remote play. How do I fix this? I'm using a 5g...

Joysticks and triggers not working on remote play. How do I fix this? I'm using a 5g OnePlus Nord n200. I've tried 4 different controllers with the same results. Everything works fine until I launch remote play. Controller firmware is up to date and so is phone, app and Xbox. Xbox one s is running on a 5g internet.

:)

jameson knott, Sep 16, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Joysticks and triggers not working on remote play. How do I fix this? I'm using a 5g OnePlus Nord n200.

Hello jameson knott,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Joysticks and triggers not working on remote play. How do I fix this? I'm using a 5g OnePlus Nord n200.

Hello jameson knott,

Thank you for your prompt response and I do apologized for some delay in my end.

When some of the buttons of your Xbox Wireless controller do not work while on remote play the least that we can do is to update your Xbox Wireless controller. Before we proceed any further, allow us to ask few more questions.

1. When using remote play on your mobile device, are you using a browser or Xbox mobile app?

2. When using remote play in your Windows device, are you using Xbox app or a browser?

3. Have you tried cloud gaming and connect the Xbox Wireless controller to your device and still having the same issue?

For the meantime, here are the additional steps that we can perform:

1. Check Your Controller's Connection: Make sure your controller is properly paired with your Android device. You can do this by pressing the controller’s Pair button for 3 seconds and releasing it. On your Android device, open Bluetooth by going to Apps > Settings > Connected devices > Pair new device. Your phone will show a list of nearby Bluetooth devices that are available for pairing. Select your Xbox Wireless Controller from the list.

2. Update Your Controller's Firmware: Make sure your controller's firmware is up to date. You can do this by connecting your controller to your Xbox console or PC and checking for updates.

3. Reset Your Controller: You can try resetting your controller by holding down the Xbox button on the controller for about 10 seconds until the controller turns off. Then, turn the controller back on and try connecting again.

4. Check your controller's button mapping settings.

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Under Profile & system, select Settings.
    • Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.
    • On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select Configure.
    • Carefully review the current mapping for each of the buttons on your controller. You can also select Restore to default to set the controller back to its original button mapping.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello jameson knott,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are having issue with the controllers used during remote play where some of the buttons do not function correctly. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Does joysticks and triggers buttons work when using remote on other devices?

2. What type of controllers are you using? Can you provide make and model?

3. Have you tried connecting the connecting to other devices like through Windows Pc or Xbox console and no issues with the button function

It is possible that the type of controller does not fully support some of the functions of the button during remote play and cloud gaming. When playing Xbox games with cloud gaming and remote play, we recommend using an Xbox Wireless Controller connected via Bluetooth or USB cable. Many other types of wired and Bluetooth controllers can also work for cloud gaming. Controllers that are identified as Official Xbox and Designed for Xbox are optimized for the best cloud gaming experienceand remote play. Verified controllers will work for remote play and cloud gaming but may be less optimal.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. jameson knott Win User

I tried on a separate phone with the same issue. When I test the remote play on the Xbox everything is green. I've tried with 4 different controllers all the same symptoms. All the buttons work fine up to the point I launch remote play. I've tried Bluetooth and USB, same results. I have two Xbox one s controllers and two plug and play controllers specifically for Android and Xbox verified. The controllers work perfect on the Xbox and PC.
  6. JOE LO1 Win User

Any fix for remote play from IOS 16 not connecting?

No work.

Still can’t remote play on ios16 with 5G data.
Thema:

Joysticks and triggers not working on remote play. How do I fix this? I'm using a 5g...

1. Joysticks and triggers not working on remote play. How do I fix this? I'm using a 5g... - Similar Threads - Joysticks triggers working

2. Where would I go to get a new gray plastic clip that goes into my joystick module?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where would I go to get a new gray plastic clip that goes into my joystick module?: I was playing one day when I noticed that my controller was clicking everytime I moved the joystick in a particuler way so I did some research and found out that the tiny plastic piece was broken...
  3. Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving: My controller suddenly started cycling through a menu of my game and wont stop when i move left it goes right when i move down it jumps back up i don't know that's happening. Ive tried hard...
  4. Elite Series 2 Core Trigger doesnt work when moving the right joystick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Core Trigger doesnt work when moving the right joystick: I just got an elite series 2 core, however if my left trigger is locked to the shortest value, and I move the right stick, the trigger will stop working. 671e9ca8-65b3-4d56-9c6e-9c621f9e646a
  5. right joystick triggers LT

in XBoX Games and Apps
    right joystick triggers LT: whenever i move my right joystick up it activates an input on the left trigger. i have a wired controller and it has the latest update. i’ve been searching for a while but can’t find anything...
  6. Xbox one controller joysticks and triggers suddenly stopped working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one controller joysticks and triggers suddenly stopped working: Everything on my controller works perfectly except the triggers and joysticks, suddenly they stopped working completely, even the L3 and R3 1a63d913-534b-4b38-8ddb-7599c686eaf2
  7. Right Trigger Input Replaced With The Left Joystick

in XBoX Accessibility
    Right Trigger Input Replaced With The Left Joystick: Recently, I've started using my xbox one again, my controller stopped working, but I got a new one, it worked for a bit, but after restarting my xbox, for some reason, when I pressed the right...
  8. Right Trigger effects the Left Joystick.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right Trigger effects the Left Joystick.: I've had this problem for a while now, when I press R2 on my controller the game performs an action as if the left stick was moved forward. I've had this happen in all the games I've played with...
  9. Wired XBOX One controller joystick drifts left ONLY when holding down the right trigger

in XBoX on Windows
    Wired XBOX One controller joystick drifts left ONLY when holding down the right trigger: When I hold down the right trigger in any game, the joystick drifts left as if I am pulling it fully to the left. It's driving me crazy. 2b2c79ce-e015-49aa-a20b-1e51885195f1
  10. Xbox joystick activating left trigger.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox joystick activating left trigger.: My xbox one controller has been acting weird the past days. The right joystick whenever I move it up or down it activates the left trigger making it hard for me when playing call of duty or other...