Jigsaw Bestbuy Ads Keeps Playing Over and Over With Sound

Discus and support Jigsaw Bestbuy Ads Keeps Playing Over and Over With Sound in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Starting in mid-November when I am doing a puzzle in Jigsaw, there is one Black Friday Bestbuy ad that keeps playing 4-5 times in a row and with sound.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Grizzl.e, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Grizzl.e
    Grizzl.e Guest

Starting in mid-November when I am doing a puzzle in Jigsaw, there is one Black Friday Bestbuy ad that keeps playing 4-5 times in a row and with sound. It shows as muted but still plays sound. I have to click on mute twice to make it stop playing. Somtimes it is just a blank white box so there is no mute option. It is very annoying as I tend to be doing other things while enjoying the puzzle. I don't mind the occassional ad playing sound in Solitaire, but it is just played once.

Why is this same ad playing so many times? It plays about 30 times in a 30 minute period which is ridiculous. If it does stop playing, I might get as much as 5-10 minutes of other ads that are all silent. Then the Bestbuy ad starts again. Is this a bug or are they trying to push customers to upgrade to the Premium paid tier?

What I can promise is that I will never buy anything at Bestbuy ever again. If this isn't fixed soon, I will likely look for other puzzle options too. The fact that its now December 6th and I am still getting Black Friday ads is the cherry on top. What the heck!

Is anyone else having constant ads ignore the mute option and repeat incessantly? Any solutions other than pay for premium?

:)

Grizzl.e, Dec 7, 2023
  2. Ryan [Limitless] Win User

3. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that. I advise that you reset your Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games. To do so, you can follow these steps:
    1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Click on Apps.
    3. Scroll down to find Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
    4. Click on the hamburger menu (three vertically stacked dots) next to the Microsoft Solitaire Collection entry and click on Advanced options.
    5. Scroll down to the Reset section and click on Reset.

If resetting the app does not resolve the issue, you can try repairing the app by following the steps below:
    1. Press the Windows key + S to open the search menu.
    2. Type Solitaire Collection in the box and click on App settings.
    3. Scroll down to the Reset section and click the Repair button.

If the issue persists, you can try reinstalling the app by following the steps below:
    1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Click on Apps.
    3. Scroll down to find Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
    4. Click on the hamburger menu (three vertically stacked dots) next to the Solitaire Collection entry and click Advanced options.
    5. Scroll down the page to see the Reset section and click on Reset.

I hope this help.
  4. Grizzl.e Win User

Thanks for the feedback. Strangely, the issue has suddenly stopped without any change on my part. Last night there were no Bestbuy ads and no unmuted ads playing. It has been the better part of a month that it had been happening which prompted me to finally post the concern. I will keep these instructions on hand in case a future issue arises though.
  5. roadkill66611 Win User

Chatpad Orange and Green keys mixed up

I've already exchanged it through the retailer (BestBuy). Both have the same issue. I don't want to keep going back and forth over and over.
  6. RickFroman Win User

Freezing

This problem has plagued my game playing in both jigsaw and Sudoku for over a month now. It seems that certain ads (yesterday it was the add for the NBA) cause my game play to freeze up. The timer (if I am playing the timed jigsaw)
    continues to run (you can see the seconds ticking off) but you can do nothing in either game. Sudoku just sits there. If you happen to still be there when the ad changes, you may be lucky enough to make an entry in the puzzle. In the Jigsaw daily challenge,
    the same problem exists. You could be in the process of moving a puzzle piece when the ad changes and your movement just stops and nothing moves again until the ad changes.

It is a most annoying problem and one that will very soon cause me to stop playing the various challenges as it is too frustrating. Recently I played the three Sudoku puzzles and it took over six hours to be able to complete them. Not because I couldn't
    figure them out but because they continually froze up. Restarting the pc seems to do nothing to resolve the issue.

Hopefully someone from Microsoft reads these entries and can find someone to look into the problem.
Thema:

1. Jigsaw Bestbuy Ads Keeps Playing Over and Over With Sound - Similar Threads - Jigsaw Bestbuy Ads

2. Get rid of Jigsaw ads.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Get rid of Jigsaw ads.: Jigsaw works just fine, but for years I have paid the fee to eliminate ads. Now suddenly that does'nt work. When I click on Upgrade, a window appears that lets me choose a monthly or yearly fee,...
  3. How can i sync log off mode data for microsoft jigsaw to logon mode.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i sync log off mode data for microsoft jigsaw to logon mode.: I have been playing Microsoft jigsaw for few years. I recently noticed that when I log in to my xbox account, my downloaded puzzles and progress data played in logged off mode are lost....
  4. Is it my imagination, or is there an inordinate amount of bots in the Magic Jigsaw...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it my imagination, or is there an inordinate amount of bots in the Magic Jigsaw...: I've been playing magic jigsaw for a while, and started working puzzles for the leagues, just for fun. I've noticed quite often lately that a lot of the "names" are just random letters and numbers...
  5. How to get jigsaw to sync on new computer with Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get jigsaw to sync on new computer with Windows 11: I bought a new computer with Windows 11 and Jigsaw isn't syncing with my puzzle history from older computer with Windows 10. b72ef839-2f41-4a75-a8c1-b64b2dcfd34a
  6. Occasionally Jigsaw crashes when inserting the LAST piece of a puzzle in Classic mode,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Occasionally Jigsaw crashes when inserting the LAST piece of a puzzle in Classic mode,...: Hello, on several occasions I have experienced a crash in Classic mode when inserting the last piece of a puzzle. When restarting Jigsaw the entire progress of the puzzle is gone, back to 0%,...
  7. Microsoft Jigsaw: Jam King and Hungry for Puzzles achievement glitched?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw: Jam King and Hungry for Puzzles achievement glitched?: Microsoft Jigsaw achievements for Jam King and Hungry for Puzzles won't pop even though I completed the achievements. Jam King - I have completed both packs (42 out of 42) but the tracker says I...
  8. Why am I not receiving the correct amount of Gold Bars in Microsoft Jigsaw?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not receiving the correct amount of Gold Bars in Microsoft Jigsaw?: When I finish a puzzle in Microsoft Jigsaw, I am only awarded 1/2 of the Gold Bars after solving a puzzle. I only play Classic Jigsaw, so I don't know if this is a problem with the other Jigsaw...
  9. Microsoft Jigsaw crashes after almost loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw crashes after almost loading: The app crashes (just shuts down without any error message) after about 30 seconds. I can get as far as selecting Classic Jigsaw, selecting my partly completed puzzle and either seeing the...
  10. Resetting a specific puzzle with a glitched cloud save for Microsoft Jigsaw, without losing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resetting a specific puzzle with a glitched cloud save for Microsoft Jigsaw, without losing...: I've asked this a couple of times and each time it's like a bot is answering. If you're going to offer advice, please read this properly and actually answer what I'm asking about - rather than...