Jackbox Party Pack purchase auto-refunded after install - lost the Games With Gold deal

Discus and support Jackbox Party Pack purchase auto-refunded after install - lost the Games With Gold deal in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought the Jackbox Party Pack on 1/13, while it was under the Games With Gold promo price of $16.74. The game downloaded and installed fine, and I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Boidster, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Boidster
    Boidster Guest

Jackbox Party Pack purchase auto-refunded after install - lost the Games With Gold deal

I bought the Jackbox Party Pack on 1/13, while it was under the Games With Gold promo price of $16.74. The game downloaded and installed fine, and I got an e-mail receipt for the purchase. Today I tried to fire it up and it asked me, "Do you own this game?"

Well...yes? I think?

There was no "re-install" option - only the option to buy it again at full price ($24.99). So I called Xbox Support and they said that the purchase had been refunded (!). I checked my credit card account and sure enough, there was a charge and then a refund
    on the same day. I thought there were no refunds or returns?

Anyway, the support person offered me a month of Xbox Live, which is not helpful since I have a stack of 12-month XBL cards that I bought on sale. And he said he doesn't think the issue is probably important enough to escalate to someone who can fix it.
    Where "fix it" just means charge me the $16+tax and get me the license back.

The support person (who was very nice, just unable to help me) said that recently he's heard of other auto-refund issues, with other games. If it wasn't such a good sales price, it really wouldn't matter. But I'd rather not pay full price for something that
    I bought when it was on sale.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

Boidster, Jan 23, 2015
  2. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Can't purchase anything using account balance money.

The system always asks for an alternate method of paying just in case the amount you have in currency is not enough due to taxes.

However, I would recommend getting the Jackbox Party Pack that is available now for $24.99 (Can). It includes Fibbage and several other games in one handy dandy little package for you.

majornelson.com/.../jackbox-party-pack-now-available-xbox-one

onyxishere, Jan 23, 2015
  3. olanmiIIs
    olanmiIIs Guest
    Two games on two consoles simultaneously

I have Jackbox Party Pack 1, 2, and 3 (purchased digitally from the Xbox One store). I have a party at work coming up and I was wondering, can I be signed into two different Xbox One consoles at once so that I can run Jackbox Party Pack 1 on one console,
    and Jackbox Party Pack 2 on the other (or 1 and 3, or 2 and 3)?

olanmiIIs, Jan 23, 2015
  4. Boidster
    Boidster Guest

Update - it turns out that the case was approved for escalation! So, yay.

I may answer my own thread here in a day or two, if the escalation team gets back to me. Perhaps this will be useful for anybody else who runs into one of these auto-refund issues, especially on a sales item.

Boidster, Jan 23, 2015
  5. Boidster
    Boidster Guest
    Update - MS Support called and they credited my account the full price of the game, so I just re-purchased it. All's well that ends well. I'll mark this as my own answer.

Boidster, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Boidster Win User

Update - MS Support called and they credited my account the full price of the game, so I just re-purchased it. All's well that ends well. I'll mark this as my own answer.
  7. Boidster Win User

Update - it turns out that the case was approved for escalation! So, yay.

I may answer my own thread here in a day or two, if the escalation team gets back to me. Perhaps this will be useful for anybody else who runs into one of these auto-refund issues, especially on a sales item.
  8. IgorIGS92 Win User

What is everyone’s favorite indie game?

The Jackbox Party Pack series
  9. Radiant Sword X Win User

Monday Blues Gaming Recommendation

Overwatch

The Jackbox Party Pack series
  10. Radiant Sword X Win User

Favorite Game

Still Overwatch and The Jackbox Party Pack series.
Thema:

1. Jackbox Party Pack purchase auto-refunded after install - lost the Games With Gold deal - Similar Threads - Jackbox Party Pack

2. Jackbox Party Pack 7 on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jackbox Party Pack 7 on Xbox One: Hey! So I wanted to try out the new Jackbox Party Pack and I was looking on it on the Xbox store and it was nowhere to be found... I bought it on Microsoft's website on my laptop and still am...
  3. jackbox party quad pack

in XBoX Games and Apps
    jackbox party quad pack: Can I play this game if there is only 2 players? 5b425875-92c0-448e-b17b-c1de9f7cd6b3
  4. How to play Jackbox games with friends/family remotely

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to play Jackbox games with friends/family remotely: Recently, Jackbox Games published a guide about playing games with family/friends remotely, as well as with anyone. Given the current situation regarding social distancing and the fact that The...
  5. Almost nobody plays The Jackbox Party Pack series on Xbox One.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Almost nobody plays The Jackbox Party Pack series on Xbox One.: So, it's kind of unusual to see the The Jackbox Party Pack series is almost no longer played by anyone on Xbox One. Especially Jackbox 6. Like what has been going on with that game? Have they...
  6. Jackbox party pack

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jackbox party pack: More Jackbox party packs for sure 6665cbbd-f443-4a62-9dc5-37037dc784a7
  7. Jackbox Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jackbox Games: Hello. I would like to play Jackbox TV with my friends online with my Xbox One, but I can't think of a way how. Does anybody have a way to go about this? Thanks. 302467cf-e79f-4296-87d5-a39e4868da5f
  8. JackBox Party Pack 2 Question???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    JackBox Party Pack 2 Question???: How do I livestream to Twitch to play with other random players online? Does anyone out there even play this or did I just waste $25 ? bb7c4f28-f3c9-42b6-bc4d-f39e28eabfdb
  9. Xbox Playdates Canada - Jackbox Party Pack #XboxOne 8pm Est Tuesday June 23rd.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Playdates Canada - Jackbox Party Pack #XboxOne 8pm Est Tuesday June 23rd.: Join us Tuesday for Jackbox Party Pack #XboxOne starting at 8pm EST Send a message to NortherZoot, JohnnyXeo or to let us know that you would like to join. 8e4eb7d9-66c6-4405-ba3a-535ba9e9100c
  10. Jackbox #XboxOne Thursday 8pm Est / 5Pm Pst

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jackbox #XboxOne Thursday 8pm Est / 5Pm Pst: This weeks #XboxPlaydateCanada will be held on Thursday night at 8PM EST\ 5PM PST. This week we are playing The Jackbox #XboxOne Hosted by NorthernZoot 58646d0c-84f6-4776-b281-6cc52095797d