I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...

Discus and support I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly installed on Xbox went fine then when restarted it came up with a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Gray and Em Friday, Mar 29, 2024.

1. I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...

I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly installed on Xbox went fine then when restarted it came up with a screen to put letters in the app to connect but I've done it a ton of times and won't connect or let me skip the screen. Please help. Gray.

:)

Gray and Em Friday, Mar 29, 2024
  2. Smwutches Win User

I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly installed on Xbox went fine then

We cannot assist with self-repair.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Firmware corrupted, I wait next Update of the console

Hi Alex,

The OSU files are all up to date for the Xbox one X. What they are meaning for hardware failure is the hard drive. If the system files are not installing correctly, then you will need a repair for the hard drive. To set one up on your own you can go to

device support

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Tormaz Win User

Game Drive - you need to attach an xbox 360 hard drive

The software to correct play the original games is on the internal drives. To play them you would need to have an official Xbox hard drive (or someone who knows how to procure and install everything correctly) and put it in your
    system.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Trouble playing an HDD installed game on Xbox 360

When you install a game, it's tied to the console, not just the hard drive. So you would actually need to install it on your console in order for it to see the install correctly.

Really if the disc drive is bad the only other thing you could do is either get a new system or send it in for repair.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Can't install games on my external drive. There is a message: "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another one." when changing the folder.

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

try the following

Access the system settings;

Go to the “System” option;

Go to “Storage”. You'll see all of your storage drives and the amount of space available on each. The free space can help in the choice to decide which will be the new drive for software installation.

Click on the option “Change where the new content will be saved”;

Choose the new default software installation location. Select the drive from the “New apps will be saved to” menu;

After setting the drive, click “Next”.

The procedure will create new folders on the default installation drive. A new folder called “WindowsApps” will be created for native software. The applications folder, in turn, will receive the name of the user's Windows account. From now on, the system will also be able to create folders for downloads and temporary files.

Once this is done, all future downloads will have their files stored on the chosen drive. The system drive will be preserved for Windows files only. As we said earlier, the old software files will remain on the old drive. To resolve this, check out the next steps.
Thema:

I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...

1. I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly... - Similar Threads - I've installed hard

2. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  3. Xbox for PC keeps installing Forza Motorsport even tho i've deleted it about a thousand...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox for PC keeps installing Forza Motorsport even tho i've deleted it about a thousand...: Every so often the xbox app will install Forza Motorsport completely on its own and every time I delete it, a couple of hours later it will be back like it never left. I've uninstalled gaming...
  4. Hello! How can I gift a game, which I've already installed on my computer?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello! How can I gift a game, which I've already installed on my computer?: Hello! How can I gift a game to my daughter, which I've already installed on my computer? 9af3f155-3e10-4ad7-b2a6-9cbda5ec95bb
  5. I've been trying to run the game generation zero after installing it recently via the Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've been trying to run the game generation zero after installing it recently via the Xbox...: It's a newly built pc so I think this could have an effect on this issue e1ac1728-8e92-47b0-b570-48b4658d436c
  6. Why can't I play games I've installed on my computer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play games I've installed on my computer?: I have spent the better part of 8 hours between yesterday and now today trying to get ahold of someone at Microsoft or Xbox to get help with my issue. I am always met with an outsourced individual...
  7. I've recently installed NIOH The Complete Addition and it ran smoothly the first day, but I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've recently installed NIOH The Complete Addition and it ran smoothly the first day, but I...: These are details about my desktop Processor AMD Ryzen 3 5300G with Radeon Graphics 4.00 GHz Installed RAM 24.0 GB (23.3 GB usable) System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor...
  8. I've been trying to install Persona 5 on PC, but the installation progress won't go pass 13%

in XBoX on Windows
    I've been trying to install Persona 5 on PC, but the installation progress won't go pass 13%: After restarting my computer multiple times, uninstalling the Xbox App and reinstalling it and following every troubleshooting option in Xbox app website, I still can't install the game. Every...
  9. I've purchased a new laptop and now I can't install and play minecraft that I have already...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've purchased a new laptop and now I can't install and play minecraft that I have already...: I played Minecraft on my old laptop but it died so I've purchased a new laptop and now I can't install and play Minecraft that I have already paid for. On my account It doesn't show that I've...
  10. Why can't I re-install a game I've payed for and played

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I re-install a game I've payed for and played: I bought 'conan exiles' roughly a year ago and uninstalled it but now I want to play it again. It doesn't appear in my ready to install but it does appear in my order history. When I press view...