I’ve heard horror stories of people getting corrupted files and losing 100s of hours of...

Discus and support I’ve heard horror stories of people getting corrupted files and losing 100s of hours of... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I own an Xbox series s, I want to know how to safely save my games or have a back up save in case of file corruption or lost progress.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by matthew Grabowski, Jul 1, 2023.

1. I’ve heard horror stories of people getting corrupted files and losing 100s of hours of...

I own an Xbox series s, I want to know how to safely save my games or have a back up save in case of file corruption or lost progress.

:)

matthew Grabowski, Jul 1, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

I’ve heard horror stories of people getting corrupted files and losing 100s of hours of gameplay. How do I prevent this?

Hello Matthew, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

Losing our cloud saved data is not something that happen frequently. However, I think that a good way to prevent this is by not shutting down your console unexpectedly, another way is by not interrupting the “syncing your progress” window when it appears.

The last one is that if you switch between consoles and one is offline with the current progress, connect it to the internet in order to upload this information before using the other console.

Lastly, I appreciate the opportunity to share the Xbox cloud saves FAQ article:

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-s...
  3. McDaddyTree Win User

Disappointed

Sadly I rarely used it. I used an USB all the time back on my 360 to backup my saves and since they removed that ability I've never found the need to use the explorer on XB1. I'm still mad about that because I've heard horror stories of people getting
    corrupted saves which you could remedy on the 360 with a backup. I'm just confused about the decision.
  4. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

My Xbox Live Profile is corrupt

Kinda weird. I’ve never heard of a profile getting corrupt before....
  5. JohnShepard Win User

San Andreas won't launch

Any options that don't involve phone support? I've heard horror stories about them.
  6. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Xbox one power brick and cord/thrid party

Get the official Xbox One power brick.

I've heard some horror stories about the 3rd party ones.

Buy one at your own risk.
Thema:

I’ve heard horror stories of people getting corrupted files and losing 100s of hours of...

1. I’ve heard horror stories of people getting corrupted files and losing 100s of hours of... - Similar Threads - I’ve heard horror

2. After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...: cleaning out my Xbox and I forgot to screw back in 2 nails. I should be fine with just 6 holding it in place right? 821dfc9d-ef83-4f2c-b71e-f12bd13f4a36
  3. GroupMe - I’ve never chatted privately. how do I clear my name?????

in XBoX on Windows
    GroupMe - I’ve never chatted privately. how do I clear my name?????: [img] I haven’t used GroupMe in a very long time and only used for a kickball team…. My wife opens my app almost a year later and there are suggestions that I have “recently messaged” a few women...
  4. Why isn’t there better support for Enforcements I feel I’ve been wronged for these bans...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isn’t there better support for Enforcements I feel I’ve been wronged for these bans...: [img] [img] Please help tell me what I did wrong I run a vendor in fallout 76 now I can’t play I don’t want to get banned again but I still want to use the looking for group to stay connected to...
  5. I redeemed my reward points on Xbox for 200 robux and I’ve yet to receive them, does it...

in XBoX on Windows
    I redeemed my reward points on Xbox for 200 robux and I’ve yet to receive them, does it...: It’s been two or three days since I redeemed them fb1cd3e9-09ad-4fda-bbeb-55f7713411fa
  6. The card info you have entered doesn’t match this card yet I’ve used it for the past 4...

in XBoX on Windows
    The card info you have entered doesn’t match this card yet I’ve used it for the past 4...: Card info you have entered doesn’t match the info for this card yet it’s my main bankcard I’ve used for 3 years c268797e-eace-4bf7-952a-0704e2d24e5b
  7. how do i claim my goal once i’ve got 100%

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i claim my goal once i’ve got 100%: how do i claim my goal once i’ve got 100% a27c1dac-f1fe-4bc5-a2ad-4fab93ec46c1
  8. Worst update I’ve ever experienced.

in XboX Insiders
    Worst update I’ve ever experienced.: So many issues and no matter how much you report them they never get fixed. Just a huge focus on useless cloud gaming features that core features like party chat are left broken for months. It’s...
  9. What is going on here? I’ve tried new cables, different tvs, everything you can think of....

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is going on here? I’ve tried new cables, different tvs, everything you can think of....: [img] What is happening here? 48ff655b-ac76-4889-b415-240d09c47f5e
  10. You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....: I have proof in screenshots. But you refuse to be contacted. Unban me and make this up to me now please. 33b8b51c-a2ad-45da-84ce-3ec8b8555ed7