I've had my account for 8 years, now you can't verify its me, how can you solve this issue?

Discus and support I've had my account for 8 years, now you can't verify its me, how can you solve this issue? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've had my xbox account for 8+ years and today I've been told there's "usual activity" on my account. To what that is, is beyond me. I can't use the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GraceJE, Dec 29, 2023.

1. GraceJE
    GraceJE Guest

I've had my account for 8 years, now you can't verify its me, how can you solve this issue?

I've had my xbox account for 8+ years and today I've been told there's "usual activity" on my account. To what that is, is beyond me. I can't use the phone code because it's linked to my old phone which is no longer in my possession. And all the correct information has been determined to not be me by a robot. I've had recent transactions on the account that I have given the right information for. As for sending emails, why would I send an email form an old bizzarly named email account that i made when I was 12? There have been none, and that isn't correct.

Please can you help me resolve this issue, I can't begin to imagine how much time and money I will have lost because of this.

:)

GraceJE, Dec 29, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Follow the following steps recommended by Microsoft Support to regain access to your account:

How to unlock Microsoft account:

To unlock your account, sign in to get a security code.
    https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2153610

Suggestions:

You can use any phone number to request the security code.

The phone number does not need to be associated with your account.

The phone does not need to be a smartphone or be connected to the Internet, it just needs to be able to receive text messages.

Information source (Credits): https://support.microsoft.com/accou...blockada-805e8b0d-4141-29b2-7b65-df6ff6c9ce27
  3. GraceJE Win User

So in short, because I've never used the email account to send an email, just for playing xbox, I now cannot play xbox at all? So I've lost thousands of hours and all my money, which is still being taken from my bank account? Please tell me there is another way other than a form that is checked by a robot. I'm heartbroken about this.
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Hello GraceJE, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

Remember that this is a possible solution, if it doesn't work for you we can try another one.

Note: This is a public forum therefore, I suggest you not share your personal data.

In cases of LOSS OF ACCESS to the account, the only solution is through the account recovery form which is the following: https://account.live.com/acsr

You must keep in mind that this is the only alternative or solution to recover an account, support cannot help with this type of case because they are not authorized, leaving the form as an option, if you cannot fill out the form for X or Y Reason then unfortunately the account cannot be recovered.

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Best regards,
    Oskayra.
  5. Slava480 Win User

Looking for group post not working

It could be a glitch, if it keep giving you the error, you can log out and log back in account.
    I had the very same issue!

But I just found the answer...

I had the error "problem posting your looking for group" and i could not figure out how to solve it. But as soon as Microsoft had me verify my phone number for my acount to reply to this it solved the looking for group error and it now works for me. Please
    share this to any others that are having issues.
  6. DrSchlepenstein Win User

Enforcement team! need your help.

They did the same thing to me, i've had my tag for 8 years now. And all of the sudden its now against the rules so it was forcibly changed.

I can't even change it to something else without spending $10. When I go to change it, it says I get 1 change for free, but then a screen comes up saying its going to charge me $9.99 to do so. I have never had different gamertag, its the same one i've been
    using since I first got a 360 console 8 years ago, and now I am stuck with this dumb name.
Thema:

1. I've had my account for 8 years, now you can't verify its me, how can you solve this issue? - Similar Threads - I've account years

2. My son sent a message to someone on xbox with bad language on my account. I've been removed...

in XBoX on Windows
    My son sent a message to someone on xbox with bad language on my account. I've been removed...: Son sent a bad word on xbox to another gamer on my account. I got a two day ban from live which I can accept. But have just recently noticed I've got removed from the ambassador program which I...
  3. i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft: i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft what should i do? 8b70a3c1-e664-43f3-b6f8-3b5ed77df447
  4. I have a random verify email on my account that I've never used before

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a random verify email on my account that I've never used before: I'm trying to use Microsoft rewards but when I try to redeem on my account it asks for Verfication on my email that starts with "NO" witch I've never used kr seen before so I need help...
  5. I've made a new account on xbox and I already has some friends.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've made a new account on xbox and I already has some friends.: Hello I've made a new account because I have lost my other one and when I went to friend my friends back I saw something weird. First I saw that I already had two friends one I didn't know and the...
  6. I've logged out of my account and don't remeber any of my info.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've logged out of my account and don't remeber any of my info.: Hello everybody I've accidentally logged myself out of my xbox account and I forgot the info to login. I've tried speaking with xbox support and even did the recovery form but nothing works. Can...
  7. How can I access my online account if I've deleted my profile...get same

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I access my online account if I've deleted my profile...get same: My power pack died which resulted in loadsa problems for me .went into panic mode and pulled out me old 360 arcade to download profile..was not successful....got new power pack so went back to my...
  8. Account recovery but no agents I've been looking for a number

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account recovery but no agents I've been looking for a number: My xbox was taken from my apartment and the email I used super old try to recover it though yahoo and says that it doesn't even exist but that's what I had on my Microsoft account but how can I...
  9. I've been trying to recover my main Microsoft account for a few years now.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've been trying to recover my main Microsoft account for a few years now.: No matter how hard I try to put as many answers as I can into the account recovery, nothing works. I've been trying for years and on multiple devices, especially when this problem originally began...
  10. On my xbox account it says I've only been on xbox for 1 year but I've had my xbox since...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On my xbox account it says I've only been on xbox for 1 year but I've had my xbox since...: My xbox account is saying I've only had my xbox for 1 year even though I've had it since 2017 so I would really like if someone helped me fix this problem so my account will say 6 years...