I’ve had 8 elite series 2 controllers, every single one has broken bumpers after about 3...

Discus and support I’ve had 8 elite series 2 controllers, every single one has broken bumpers after about 3... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is not an exaggeration. I have spent an unreal amount of money on these controllers because they are the best beyond a doubt. However, the bumpers... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Relic pT, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Relic pT
    Relic pT Guest

I’ve had 8 elite series 2 controllers, every single one has broken bumpers after about 3...

This is not an exaggeration. I have spent an unreal amount of money on these controllers because they are the best beyond a doubt. However, the bumpers are literally made of paper. I should get 3 years+ out of a $200 controller, but I need to purchase a new one every few months instead. It sucks because otherwise the controller is perfect.

And before you ask, I take great care of my controllers. All of my previous controllers have lasted years, in fact most would still work today if I dusted off my old 360. I never slam or drop my controllers, I keep them in the case when not gaming, and I am not harsh on the buttons or bumpers at all. I can’t understand how they were released with such fragile bumpers. For it to happen one time is one thing, but 8 times is outrageous. And it’s not just me, there are thousands of reviews and youtube videos detailing the bumper problem. Please please please fix this with the series 3 controller.

:)

Relic pT, Nov 7, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I’ve had 8 elite series 2 controllers, every single one has broken bumpers after about 3 months. Why!?

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox Elite Series 2 controllers. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Thank you for sharing your ideas with the community. This would be a great help for awareness and for other gamers who also experienced the same issue.

I highly recommend you report it directly to the Microsoft Xbox team in order for them to properly review your feedback on the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. Kindly check out the detailed instructions using this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/manage-account/xbox-insider-hub-report-a-problem

Rest assured that Microsoft greatly appreciates any feedback from their customers on how to improve their overall services.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Paul Summers1 Win User

I’ve had 8 elite series 2 controllers, every single one has broken bumpers after about 3 months. Why!?

I feel you. I'm on my 2nd and looks like I'll need a 3rd now. I will say tho, while your controller is still under warranty, you can send it in to get repaired for free. One of my paddles stopped working and door to door I got it back in a week and the bumper was working again. There are so many tiny pieces of plastic that are fail points on these things, it's just bound to happen after any kind of prolonged use. I would totally pay $300 for an upgraded version that had aluminum parts at the major fail points.
  4. Darth Hotpants Win User

Xbox Elite series 2 controller analogue sticks flick to opposite direction. Can I fix this?

This is a constant issue. I’ve owned half a dozen elites, had many of those replaced for bumper or stock drift issues, and the snap-back direction reverse has been an issue in every single one. This is a design issue and not repairable. The elite controllers are great for so many reasons, but there are a few clear issues that if MS corrected or spent a fraction more money on, (like higher quality thumb sticks or better plastic or even metal parts in bumpers, etc. The controller would be most deserving of the “elite” moniker.
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

Elite Controller Bumpers

Yeah the Elite Series 2 was basically improved from feedback of users of the Elite Series 1

Many problems were fixed including the bumpers and the grip that also came loose after some time

Hope to get an Elite Controller one day :)
  6. IKEVOI 71 Win User

Xbox elite series 2 problems

I have had both the elite controller and also the elite series 2.

Issues with both are quite bad considering the cost of the things. The elite series 2 controller has left stick wandering issues, the a button is sometimes non responsive, the bumpers sound really tacky and the rubber comes away from the plastic body where
    you grip.

I have gone through 3 elite series controllers (thankfully Game exchanged them each time) and am on the fourth now and it has the exact same issues as the other three, with the acception of the rubber coming away, not had it long enough for that.

To sum up, I am very unhappy with the controller, so much so I am at the moment using an elite series one that has had all the rubber removed, its a bit uncomfortable but this said controller has no other issues.

Hope this helped.
Thema:

1. I’ve had 8 elite series 2 controllers, every single one has broken bumpers after about 3... - Similar Threads - I’ve elite series

2. After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...: cleaning out my Xbox and I forgot to screw back in 2 nails. I should be fine with just 6 holding it in place right? 821dfc9d-ef83-4f2c-b71e-f12bd13f4a36
  3. GroupMe - I’ve never chatted privately. how do I clear my name?????

in XBoX on Windows
    GroupMe - I’ve never chatted privately. how do I clear my name?????: [img] I haven’t used GroupMe in a very long time and only used for a kickball team…. My wife opens my app almost a year later and there are suggestions that I have “recently messaged” a few women...
  4. Why isn’t there better support for Enforcements I feel I’ve been wronged for these bans...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isn’t there better support for Enforcements I feel I’ve been wronged for these bans...: [img] [img] Please help tell me what I did wrong I run a vendor in fallout 76 now I can’t play I don’t want to get banned again but I still want to use the looking for group to stay connected to...
  5. I redeemed my reward points on Xbox for 200 robux and I’ve yet to receive them, does it...

in XBoX on Windows
    I redeemed my reward points on Xbox for 200 robux and I’ve yet to receive them, does it...: It’s been two or three days since I redeemed them fb1cd3e9-09ad-4fda-bbeb-55f7713411fa
  6. The card info you have entered doesn’t match this card yet I’ve used it for the past 4...

in XBoX on Windows
    The card info you have entered doesn’t match this card yet I’ve used it for the past 4...: Card info you have entered doesn’t match the info for this card yet it’s my main bankcard I’ve used for 3 years c268797e-eace-4bf7-952a-0704e2d24e5b
  7. how do i claim my goal once i’ve got 100%

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i claim my goal once i’ve got 100%: how do i claim my goal once i’ve got 100% a27c1dac-f1fe-4bc5-a2ad-4fab93ec46c1
  8. Worst update I’ve ever experienced.

in XboX Insiders
    Worst update I’ve ever experienced.: So many issues and no matter how much you report them they never get fixed. Just a huge focus on useless cloud gaming features that core features like party chat are left broken for months. It’s...
  9. What is going on here? I’ve tried new cables, different tvs, everything you can think of....

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is going on here? I’ve tried new cables, different tvs, everything you can think of....: [img] What is happening here? 48ff655b-ac76-4889-b415-240d09c47f5e
  10. You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....: I have proof in screenshots. But you refuse to be contacted. Unban me and make this up to me now please. 33b8b51c-a2ad-45da-84ce-3ec8b8555ed7