I’ve done a restart back to factory settings but still gat a gamers tag coming up so it’s...

Discus and support I’ve done a restart back to factory settings but still gat a gamers tag coming up so it’s... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I’ve done a factory reset but it keeps putting a gamers tag on screen and when setting up account it doesn’t ask for date of birth etc. 3 hours in and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Andrew Rhodes1, Nov 4, 2023.

1. I’ve done a restart back to factory settings but still gat a gamers tag coming up so it’s...

I’ve done a factory reset but it keeps putting a gamers tag on screen and when setting up account it doesn’t ask for date of birth etc. 3 hours in and getting nowhere !

:)

Andrew Rhodes1, Nov 4, 2023
  2. Andrew Rhodes1 Win User

I’ve done a restart back to factory settings but still gat a gamers tag coming up so it’s obviously not cleared everything as it should. What the hell do I do. 3 hrs in and getting nowhere !

Hi, thanks for earlier advice but I cannot get anywhere ! Why, when you say it erases everything back to factory reset values, do I still get no where. I’m lost and seriously not impressed. Andrew.
  3. CarTzy Win User

I’ve done a restart back to factory settings but still gat a gamers tag coming up so it’s obviously not cleared everything as it should. What the hell do I do. 3 hrs in and getting nowhere !

We appreciate you going through the troubleshooting steps. Since it is still not working, the problem may seem to be more complicated and require further investigation. We advise that you contact our live support team. It's advisable to work with them due to the complexity of the issue, as they have the tools needed to further diagnose it and give you an efficient solution.

To contact live support, please follow the guide below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
      1. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
      2. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
      3. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
      4. Select the "Contact Us" button
      5. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
      6. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
      7. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
      8. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
      9. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Andrew Rhodes1,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your gamer tag after a factory reset. To help you resolve this issue, I need to ask you a few questions:

- What is the gamer tag that is showing up on your console?

- Did you sign in with the same Microsoft account that you used before the factory reset?

- Do you have access to the email and password associated with your Microsoft account?

- Have you tried to change your gamer tag from the Xbox app or the Xbox website?

Here are some steps you can try to fix this problem:

- Make sure your console is connected to the internet and sign in with your Microsoft account. This will allow you to sync your account information and settings with the cloud.

- Go to Settings > System > Console info and select Reset console. Choose the option to Reset and remove everything. This will erase all your games, apps, and settings from the console and perform a fresh installation of the system software.

- After the reset is done, restart your console and set it up as a new device. You should be able to create a new gamer tag or use an existing one from another account.

I hope this helps you resolve your issue. If you need further assistance, please let us know. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.
  5. SK8RNICK06 Win User

live id

re set it back to factory default settings or delete the gamer tag?
  6. joseph scism Win User

Mic isn’t working.

I have a Xbox series s.

I have gone into volume and output settings, and everything is fine there.

I’ve gone into network settings and everything is fine there.

I’ve gone into privacy and online safety settings and everything in there is set to allow communication with whoever I choose.

And I’ve gone into accessories settings and made sure that both my headset and controller are linked to the gamer tag I’m using.

Other then that I’ve factory reset my Xbox, and even tried two different microphones on two different consoles with the same account and still nothing.
Thema:

I’ve done a restart back to factory settings but still gat a gamers tag coming up so it’s...

1. I’ve done a restart back to factory settings but still gat a gamers tag coming up so it’s... - Similar Threads - I’ve done restart

2. After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...: cleaning out my Xbox and I forgot to screw back in 2 nails. I should be fine with just 6 holding it in place right? 821dfc9d-ef83-4f2c-b71e-f12bd13f4a36
  3. GroupMe - I’ve never chatted privately. how do I clear my name?????

in XBoX on Windows
    GroupMe - I’ve never chatted privately. how do I clear my name?????: [img] I haven’t used GroupMe in a very long time and only used for a kickball team…. My wife opens my app almost a year later and there are suggestions that I have “recently messaged” a few women...
  4. Why isn’t there better support for Enforcements I feel I’ve been wronged for these bans...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isn’t there better support for Enforcements I feel I’ve been wronged for these bans...: [img] [img] Please help tell me what I did wrong I run a vendor in fallout 76 now I can’t play I don’t want to get banned again but I still want to use the looking for group to stay connected to...
  5. I redeemed my reward points on Xbox for 200 robux and I’ve yet to receive them, does it...

in XBoX on Windows
    I redeemed my reward points on Xbox for 200 robux and I’ve yet to receive them, does it...: It’s been two or three days since I redeemed them fb1cd3e9-09ad-4fda-bbeb-55f7713411fa
  6. The card info you have entered doesn’t match this card yet I’ve used it for the past 4...

in XBoX on Windows
    The card info you have entered doesn’t match this card yet I’ve used it for the past 4...: Card info you have entered doesn’t match the info for this card yet it’s my main bankcard I’ve used for 3 years c268797e-eace-4bf7-952a-0704e2d24e5b
  7. You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....: I have proof in screenshots. But you refuse to be contacted. Unban me and make this up to me now please. 33b8b51c-a2ad-45da-84ce-3ec8b8555ed7
  8. My Xbox keeps saying to relink my discord and I’ve done it 5 times and still nothing...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox keeps saying to relink my discord and I’ve done it 5 times and still nothing...: I continue to try and link my account with the app or edge and it still refuses to work even though it was working fine earlier 42da7418-a344-4d28-bbdb-721634e9649a
  9. So I’ve been stuck on the stranded error message for a solid 4 hours and have done...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    So I’ve been stuck on the stranded error message for a solid 4 hours and have done...: Error message:Oops! Looks like you’re stranded, been stuck on this message for 4 hours 13a04646-4b2f-407a-aceb-3780daaa9e27
  10. windows 10 broke my computer and deleted everything i’ve done on minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    windows 10 broke my computer and deleted everything i’ve done on minecraft: Windows 10 did an update or something and it completely broke my computer and deleted 10 years and more than 1000 hours of minecraft things that i’d done. i’ve tried getting in contact many...