I've been trying to recover my main Microsoft account for a few years now.

Discus and support I've been trying to recover my main Microsoft account for a few years now. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; No matter how hard I try to put as many answers as I can into the account recovery, nothing works. I've been trying for years and on multiple devices,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nate Negrin, Aug 16, 2023.

1. Nate Negrin
    Nate Negrin Guest

No matter how hard I try to put as many answers as I can into the account recovery, nothing works. I've been trying for years and on multiple devices, especially when this problem originally began as I still had access to the original devices I signed into my Microsoft account with. I'm irritated and frustrated and I'm soon at risk of losing my Minecraft account of 10+ years over this issue in September if I don't regain access to my account.

I'm pretty sure the only reason why this problem even began was because the phone number associated with the account is one I can no longer access, and therefor I can't send a code to it. It's really a shame too, because its not just the Minecraft account I'm risking of losing, but multiple others that require Microsoft to log in, like my old Skype account, and my Xbox / gaming account.

Apologies if I'm sending this in the incorrect category, but I can't seem to figure out which one is for Microsoft accounts. Anyway, thank you for any answers, and if possible please help me resolve this as it's pretty time-sensitive as that date in September regarding the Minecraft account thing is coming up soon. Any and all responses are deeply appreciated.

:)

Nate Negrin, Aug 16, 2023
  2. Nate Negrin Win User

No recovery email I believe. Just a phone number I linked to the account that is no longer in service. Thanks.
  3. KindGryphon Win User

Hello Nate N! My name is Jeremy and I’m happy to help you with your question. I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble recovering your lost account. Do you have access to the recovery email set up on the account? You can choose for a change password to be sent to the recovery email instead as a short fix if you are just trying to get into your account. If this isn't possible for the issue at hand you will need to begin the account recovery process outlined in the support link below. https://support.microsoft.com/help/b19c02d1-a782-dee6-93c3-dc8113b20c42 The process takes 30 days to complete so getting the recovery started as soon as possible is important. Unfortunately, if you cannot provide the information necessary to complete the form then you will not be able to recover the account. Regards,
    That form wont work if they have two step verification turned on which from what they described they do.

Important: The account recovery form can only be used if two-step verification isn't turned on.

Per the same link you posted
  4. Jeremy Grey Win User

Hello Nate N! My name is Jeremy and I’m happy to help you with your question.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble recovering your lost account.

Do you have access to the recovery email set up on the account?

You can choose for a change password to be sent to the recovery email instead as a short fix if you are just trying to get into your account.

If this isn't possible for the issue at hand you will need to begin the account recovery process outlined in the support link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/help/b19c02d1-a782-dee6-93c3-dc8113b20c42

The process takes 30 days to complete so getting the recovery started as soon as possible is important.

Unfortunately, if you cannot provide the information necessary to complete the form then you will not be able to recover the account.

Regards,
  5. KindGryphon Win User

No matter how hard I try to put as many answers as I can into the account recovery, nothing works. I've been trying for years and on multiple devices, especially when this problem originally began as I still had access to the original devices I signed into my Microsoft account with. I'm irritated and frustrated and I'm soon at risk of losing my Minecraft account of 10+ years over this issue in September if I don't regain access to my account.

I'm pretty sure the only reason why this problem even began was because the phone number associated with the account is one I can no longer access, and therefor I can't send a code to it. It's really a shame too, because its not just the Minecraft account I'm risking of losing, but multiple others that require Microsoft to log in, like my old Skype account, and my Xbox / gaming account.

Apologies if I'm sending this in the incorrect category, but I can't seem to figure out which one is for Microsoft accounts. Anyway, thank you for any answers, and if possible please help me resolve this as it's pretty time-sensitive as that date in September regarding the Minecraft account thing is coming up soon. Any and all responses are deeply appreciated.
    When you first turned on 2 step verification (where it sends a code to your phone number) it would have given you several backup codes that it said to keep in a safe place.

Did you keep those codes like it said to? They are meant for this exact sort of situation. If you didn't keep those backup codes then unfortunately the account would be lost as those would have been your very last resort for recovering the account.
  6. Nate Negrin Win User

Hello! Sorry for my late response haha.
    Unfortunately, no. And even if I did, this issue first came up years ago anyway. I was a kid at the time of setting up the 2FA and didn't know any better at the time, especially since it was my first interaction with anything 2FA related.

Should I contact Microsoft support about this problem? It's starting to seem like one that I can't fix on my own.
Thema:

1. I've been trying to recover my main Microsoft account for a few years now. - Similar Threads - I've been trying

2. recently I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 controller (I have a cable that connects...

in XBoX on Windows
    recently I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 controller (I have a cable that connects...: I've tried reading other people's answers on this but I can't seem to work it, I connect it by the cable to to my pc (windows10) and it works (like the Xbox sign in the middle works) and I've...
  3. Does anyone know how to speak to support. I've been trying to request a call back for days...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does anyone know how to speak to support. I've been trying to request a call back for days...: Does anyone know a phone number for xbox support 26935c51-0ac1-4527-a7d9-63428c542009
  4. I've been trying to change my profile picture for months

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've been trying to change my profile picture for months: I've been trying to change it but everytime I do it gets sent and then never changed I've been trying to change to one of these in time for Christmas but they never work? It could be the...
  5. I've been trying to reset my game but my nat type keed saying it's unavaliable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've been trying to reset my game but my nat type keed saying it's unavaliable: I've been trying to get my Nat type for the past 5 hours and it's still not working right i need someone's help because i really wanna play this game. So please can you help me out so i can get my...
  6. I've been trying to get this person been for sex harassment every time we're in a chat he...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been trying to get this person been for sex harassment every time we're in a chat he...: I need help to report this person and get him banned e77cfaf7-74c4-48f2-91d2-c9e154f6a8dc
  7. I've been trying to run the game generation zero after installing it recently via the Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've been trying to run the game generation zero after installing it recently via the Xbox...: It's a newly built pc so I think this could have an effect on this issue e1ac1728-8e92-47b0-b570-48b4658d436c
  8. hello i bought the game but it won't connect to the server. i've been trying for four days.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hello i bought the game but it won't connect to the server. i've been trying for four days.: hello i bought the game but it won't connect to the server. i've been trying for four days. f88c94fe-3fcc-4864-a4bf-fd7580f3e46b
  9. My Apex legends game has been corrupted on my Xbox for the longest, I've tried so many...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Apex legends game has been corrupted on my Xbox for the longest, I've tried so many...: Now I have just Uninstalled Apex, made space, tried to download it and it went straight to the installation stopped message, after trying multiple times to start the download again it jus stopped....
  10. Ok so, I've been locked out of my account and cannot get back on even trying to use the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ok so, I've been locked out of my account and cannot get back on even trying to use the...: So like I've said l, no longer have the ability to play any of the games that are still have left on my Xbox s series. I don't have the email associated with my gamer tag nor the ability to get...