I’ve added a gift card to my account but when I go to purchase a game it doesn’t let me...

Discus and support I’ve added a gift card to my account but when I go to purchase a game it doesn’t let me... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve added a gift card to my Xbox account. When I’ve gone to buy a game with it the funds do not appear. Why is this?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Thomas Beeby, Sep 30, 2023.

1. Thomas Beeby
    Thomas Beeby Guest

I’ve added a gift card to my account but when I go to purchase a game it doesn’t let me...

I’ve added a gift card to my Xbox account. When I’ve gone to buy a game with it the funds do not appear. Why is this?

:)

Thomas Beeby, Sep 30, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I’ve added a gift card to my account but when I go to purchase a game it doesn’t let me pay with the funds.

Hi Thomas! I'm more than happy to help you!

Kindly confirm if the Xbox gift card balance was successfully added to your account by signing on to account.microsoft.com > Payment and Billing > Order history.

If it's successfully added, make sure that the gift card balance region and the Xbox store region on your console are matched.

Try to purchase the game on the Xbox Store online web browser and ensure that the store, your account, and Microsoft balance region are matched.

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Best regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Wendy Bee Win User

“I got a gift card for our Xbox and it seemed to redeem to the account fine but when I try to purchase a game the account balance doesn't show the new amount.

It does not show up in my order history, but when I look up the account balance the amount does include the gift card was added. When I go to purchase a game to use the money in the account balance it doesn't show the new gift card amount.
  4. oceansierra7 Win User

How to purchase using redeemed account credit?

I purchased a 3 month gold live gift card and a $25 gift card. I added the cards via my computer under my Microsoft account and now when I went to my xbox360 console to purchase a game it won't allow me to and it doesn't show my recent card purchases. I
    tried adding the cards directly to my console and couldn't so I went to the website from my computer.
  5. helpmepleaseeee[] Win User

Unable to buy xbox gift card with Microsoft Account balance.

How can I access the gift card? In my order history when I purchased the gift card it says i got "miscellaneous credit" of $1.25 added to my microsoft account, not a gift card.
  6. Peter Andrews1 Win User

EAFC pre order

I don’t want to cancel it I just want to change the payment method from bank card to Microsoft account balance if this is possible? I’ve tried going on change payment method but it just lets me use card or add a new card it doesn’t give me the option to use my account balance
Thema:

1. I’ve added a gift card to my account but when I go to purchase a game it doesn’t let me... - Similar Threads - I’ve added gift

2. After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...: cleaning out my Xbox and I forgot to screw back in 2 nails. I should be fine with just 6 holding it in place right? 821dfc9d-ef83-4f2c-b71e-f12bd13f4a36
  3. GroupMe - I’ve never chatted privately. how do I clear my name?????

in XBoX on Windows
    GroupMe - I’ve never chatted privately. how do I clear my name?????: [img] I haven’t used GroupMe in a very long time and only used for a kickball team…. My wife opens my app almost a year later and there are suggestions that I have “recently messaged” a few women...
  4. Why isn’t there better support for Enforcements I feel I’ve been wronged for these bans...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isn’t there better support for Enforcements I feel I’ve been wronged for these bans...: [img] [img] Please help tell me what I did wrong I run a vendor in fallout 76 now I can’t play I don’t want to get banned again but I still want to use the looking for group to stay connected to...
  5. I redeemed my reward points on Xbox for 200 robux and I’ve yet to receive them, does it...

in XBoX on Windows
    I redeemed my reward points on Xbox for 200 robux and I’ve yet to receive them, does it...: It’s been two or three days since I redeemed them fb1cd3e9-09ad-4fda-bbeb-55f7713411fa
  6. The card info you have entered doesn’t match this card yet I’ve used it for the past 4...

in XBoX on Windows
    The card info you have entered doesn’t match this card yet I’ve used it for the past 4...: Card info you have entered doesn’t match the info for this card yet it’s my main bankcard I’ve used for 3 years c268797e-eace-4bf7-952a-0704e2d24e5b
  7. how do i claim my goal once i’ve got 100%

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i claim my goal once i’ve got 100%: how do i claim my goal once i’ve got 100% a27c1dac-f1fe-4bc5-a2ad-4fab93ec46c1
  8. Worst update I’ve ever experienced.

in XboX Insiders
    Worst update I’ve ever experienced.: So many issues and no matter how much you report them they never get fixed. Just a huge focus on useless cloud gaming features that core features like party chat are left broken for months. It’s...
  9. What is going on here? I’ve tried new cables, different tvs, everything you can think of....

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is going on here? I’ve tried new cables, different tvs, everything you can think of....: [img] What is happening here? 48ff655b-ac76-4889-b415-240d09c47f5e
  10. You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....: I have proof in screenshots. But you refuse to be contacted. Unban me and make this up to me now please. 33b8b51c-a2ad-45da-84ce-3ec8b8555ed7