It's March 2018 and the Netflix app on Xbox One (X) is STILL forcing HDR. What Gives?

Discus and support It's March 2018 and the Netflix app on Xbox One (X) is STILL forcing HDR. What Gives? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Have been having a major issue with my X (and specifically Netflix) like many others and it's STILL not fixed. Let me first give an equipment overview:... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PressBtoCouch, Mar 10, 2018.

1. It's March 2018 and the Netflix app on Xbox One (X) is STILL forcing HDR. What Gives?

Have been having a major issue with my X (and specifically Netflix) like many others and it's STILL not fixed. Let me first give an equipment overview:

1) Xbox One X - Killer console and everything else works/looks/runs great so far

2) Sony X850E - love this TV looks great, HDR/4k looks stunning

No issues with other apps/games on the X - Sea of Thieves looks gorgeous, The Witcher 3 melts my eyes - everything else works great. However, I boot up Netflix and immediately the output switches to HDR where it definitely should not - the entire app is
    dark, gray and washed-out. Looks like "Insects" when you disable HDR.

If I disable HDR in the xbox settings (or on my TV) and restart Netflix the issue is fixed. For now I'm using Netflix on my smart tv and it's fine however this is pretty ridiculous as it seems the issue is longstanding. PLEASE FIX THIS.

:)

PressBtoCouch, Mar 10, 2018
  2. Epic 108
    Epic 108 Guest
    Dolby vision in the Netflix app

I have an LG 4k HDR/Dolby vision tv and on the Netflix app on my Xbox one x only HDR is displayed on movies and shows that are in Dolby vision on Netflix. Does the Netflix Xbox app not show Dolby vision or am I missing something?

Epic 108, Mar 10, 2018
  3. Netflix App STILL BROKEN on Xbox One - HDR Problems

Xbox STILL doesn't work properly on Xbox One (X in my case) - HDR is on 100% of the time regardless of what's being viewed. It's absolutely this app and this app only. All other games/apps work perfectly, Netflix on my smart TV works fine as well.

Come on, someone fix this!

PressBtoCouch, Mar 10, 2018
  4. Paladino0692
    Paladino0692 Guest

It's March 2018 and the Netflix app on Xbox One (X) is STILL forcing HDR. What Gives?

Same here. But the weird thing is that it just started acting up last week. My Netflix app alway launched with HDR stuck on, but it never caused any issues with color or black levels. Right now the only problem is that the image is considerably darker than
    it should be. And it's only the streaming content after it's selected. All of the UI looks just fine. I uninstalled Netflix last week and it actually fixed it upon being reinstalled. But then it went back to the dim image after I got back from a short vacation.
    My next thought is that the problem lies with an early update courtesy of the preview program. I haven't taken any action with the preview program yet, but based on this being a widespread ongoing issue, I'm doubtful that will achieve anything. I just don't
    get how this became an issue after four months of Netflix looking perfect.

Paladino0692, Mar 10, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: