It's been eight months. I would like my "all in one" to stream from network ...

Discus and support It's been eight months. I would like my "all in one" to stream from network ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; First of all, I realize that through much effort you CAN stream to the Xbox One. That being said, it can be quite the PITA. Constant network drops,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Happy Dalek, Jul 28, 2014.

1. It's been eight months. I would like my "all in one" to stream from network ...

First of all, I realize that through much effort you CAN stream to the Xbox One. That being said, it can be quite the PITA. Constant network drops, sometimes it's there, sometimes it cannot be found on network etc.

How is it exactly that my "all in one" doesn't have one of the basic features its predecessor did after
    eight months since release? To my knowledge It doesn't even have USB support (flash drives etc)

I don't understand how we have not seen an update that implements
    Windows Media Center or USB support (which humorously as we all know there is a useless USB slot on the side of the console. Amazing)

It's such a pain to stream media right now I have to use my PC to TV HDMI and drape it across my living room. It's just easier than playing "find the Xbox" on a network with a lot on it and then sometimes having to run a file converter in addition
    before I can access the *play to* command in the Windows Media Player/Center on my PC. Which of course sometimes *play to* doesn't show up anyway.

We all paid good money, most of us, including myself, have no regrets in buying one (although I admit I did at first before some things got fixed) but I can't be your only customer who feels eight months is long enough to wait for a media update.

:)

The Happy Dalek, Jul 28, 2014
  2. ragnafable11
    ragnafable11 Guest
    Thoughts on an Xbox One printer?

I guess they're more into having things for entertainment. Like maybe having this totally stream movies, music, videos, do uploads, watch TV and all the crazy stuff that you can think of.

ragnafable11, Jul 28, 2014
  3. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    What new core IP from this Gen has Microsoft continued to support?

[quote user="Mikewarrior"]I mentioned Gears already, and it's 3rd party IP that Microsoft DOES NOT OWN.[/quote]There's no functional difference when the game is kept exclusive on the 360.
    Again, zero to two games in one console generation.
    The 360 isn't even eight years old yet.
    There has been plenty released since 2009.

IceStorm III, Jul 28, 2014
  4. It's been eight months. I would like my "all in one" to stream from network ...

Yes I've seen many request for Windows Media Center. I'm sure its on the list for the monthly updates. You can always go to the feedback section and give your vote.

Darth Stricken, Jul 28, 2014
  5. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    There have been changes in xbox leadership...they are concentrating on games now. That is what the internet wanted: less media, more games.

Burnin TODI, Jul 28, 2014
  6. Zero Divided
    Zero Divided Guest
    i have adapted, i have Plex server streaming to a Chromecast that is currently plugged into my Xbox, and use the Plex app to navigate and control the media, so much better than using the 360. can't wait until a Plex app is released for the X1.

Zero Divided, Jul 28, 2014
  7. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    I hear the plex app is in beta...sadly it won't work for my media library. Plus, I don't want to pay a subscription to access my library.

8. Zero Divided
    Zero Divided Guest

no sub for
    basic features
    , which includes streaming on the local network.

and what file format are you using? seems to work with AVI, MP4 and MKV.

9. I'm converting to MP4. I have AVI as well. I get frustrated ZD because for some reason is plays hide and seek on my network and I can't always find it under devices and printers. I have windows 7 not 8 btw if that matters. Anyway I know about the right click
    < play to but that doesn't always want to show up either and I don't know why most of the time.

The Happy Dalek, Jul 28, 2014
  10. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    Most of my movies are .iso

I have way too many to spend time converting to another format.

11. Zero Divided
    Zero Divided Guest
    from launch i would use my wifes laptop that was running Win8.1, and that did work flawlessly, but that got old quick having a laptop plugged in all the time, then i got a Chromecast and was streaming videos from my NAS, and just last week my roommate was
    like "why don't you just connect to my Plex server" and i don't think i can go back to the way the 360 was. going to have to setup my own Plex server soon.

ISO? you must have a great many terabytes of storage 0_o;

12. I can understand wanting to stream media via wireless or USB (I want that too), but as far as I'm concerned, Windows Media Center is virtually dead and buried - I don't think it's coming back.

As for the USB, specifically, it's not useless. I still use it to access my external HDDs, to recharge my controllers, so I can use a keyboard to type messages, and even to recharge my cellphone on occasion. I'd say that's far from useless! It's been eight months. I would like my "all in one" to stream from network ... ;)

Galactic Geek, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: