It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

Discus and support It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?! in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TeeKay707, Jun 22, 2024 at 5:33 PM.

1. TeeKay707
    TeeKay707 Guest

It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox!

MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS!

IT'S LIKE COMING INTO SOMEBODY'S HOUSE AND TAKING ALL THEIR STUFF! YOU SAY IN PRINT RIGHT ON THE SCREEN THAT FILES WILL STAY FOR 90 DAYS. THE OLDEST FILES I HAVE ON LIVE ARE 13 DAYS OLD. YOU JUST TOOK ALL MY CLIPS!

JUST ADMIT THAT YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE YOU WANT PEOPLE TO BUY MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF STORAGE ON ONEDRIVE, WHICH ALSO RANDOMLY DELETES IMPORTANT FILES! THAT IS AN OBNOXIOUS BEYOND WORDS PRACTICE! IT'S DESPICABLE AND I HATE YOU FOR IT!

I HAVE 110 GB FREE. BUT I CAN'T USE IT.

IT'S *MY* MACHINE!

If we all put it on a separate hard drive to keep Microsoft's narcissist hands off it, there's no way to play back any of the video on the television. It's 2024, why can't you enable playback on a television?

Honestly I have lost ALL respect for Microsoft. You pushed an update that wrecked my operating system on my really nice boutique PC. It destroyed three programs that I had to pay for again, because it was an unstable update. ALSO THANKS TO YOUR **** UPDATE IT TAKES MY PC 10 TO 20 MINUTES TO BOOT NOW! You guys have really lost it. I hope karma kicks your -++.

:)

2. Ghost Spec Op Win User

All my game clips, upload game clips, and my Showcase all gone!!! :( :( :(

On one of my game clips that I clicked on my activity feed... I got this message " Try a different game clip that one was deleted or never published. (0x80040212)

I left it on that screen.... then 10 mins later the video started playing under that warning message.

What is going on?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It say's not there yet still plays????

I thought it might be fixed so I checked it again.. and still got the warning message.
  3. Misunderstand Win User

Why does Xbox delete my game videos on my local storage without my consent?

Hi I'm very frustrated with this as well! I've recently over the past week been recording hundreds of video clips (Microsoft limits the clips to 4min 1080p on my xbox one s internal 1tb hd and again why?) only to find that all of the clips are gone beyond 1day ago recordings. These clips were recorded to my internal hd and not uploaded to live. I was recording them for myself to be used on my xbox hd and they have been deleted without warning. Why? After some digging I've heard the video has to be viewed to be saved, again why? So my question is how do I know if a game clip is tagged as viewed if I don't see an eye icon on the clip? Do my own views of the clip not count? This is poor software development and I expect better of people operating in 2023. As has been said there should be an option for the auto deletion of game clips if at all. I mean really if someone can't manage their own hd space use maybe they should find another hobby that requires less thought...
  4. LuckyBeast712 Win User

Xbox game bar capture error 2147942847

this means that you video clip storage is full and may have to delete some clips
  5. goldeneye3d Win User

ok i got off support yesterday about my episodes for all that and rugrats not working

i tried clearing my cache , going into the hard drive and deleting 2 files the person told me to delete and i also tried deleting all my videos off my hard drive and downloading them again , as well as pressing x on the account managment screen practically
    everything i did and i still receive this error and it only happens when the shows are downloaded
  6. Frathos Win User

Changes to Capture Behaviour?

Have you changed consoles (eg upgraded to an Xbox One X) or your game capture settings to 4K SDR or HDR? If you selected 4K captures then you now need to manually upload them to Xbox Live. Only 1080p or 720p clips are automatically uploaded to Xbox Live
    providing you still have space remaining.

If you want to check if you are near your storage limit on Xbox Live then open Recent Captures and select Show All. There will be a warning if you are near to the limit (not 100% if it displays at 90 or 95%). If you see the warning then select some of the
    older clips you no longer want to keep and delete them to free up space on Xbox Live again.

Good luck!
Thema:

1. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?! - Similar Threads - 2024 WHY are

2. June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830)

in XboX Insiders
    June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830) Feel free...
  3. June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830)

in XboX Insiders
    June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830)...
  4. Xbox Requests: Week of June 21st, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of June 21st, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  5. June 21, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240619-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    June 21, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240619-2200): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 21, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240619-2200)...
  6. June 21, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240619-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    June 21, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240619-2200): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 21, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240619-2200) Feel free...
  7. Why will my xbox sires s not buy lords of the fallen if it's new in 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why will my xbox sires s not buy lords of the fallen if it's new in 2024: I literally just got money put on my microsoft account and wanted to buy lords of the fallen so when I went to the play store and buy it, it said oops sorry try again later I'm like why and I try...
  8. Why is city skylines 2 still not available on Xbox even though it is spring 2024.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is city skylines 2 still not available on Xbox even though it is spring 2024.: I’m confused about the fact that we’re half way through April and we still have not heard any news about city skylines 2 coming to Xbox series x/s. We were told early spring 2024, but nothing has...
  9. why did it let me buy just dance 2024 on my xbox 1 but won’t let me play it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why did it let me buy just dance 2024 on my xbox 1 but won’t let me play it?: it won’t let me ply just dance 2024 but it let me buy it on my xbox 1 ed0b8026-591b-41cd-a723-2e9e3ffd00f6
  10. My question is expiration May 1, 2024 why ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    My question is expiration May 1, 2024 why ??: I got suspended for two days because I told someone a bad word I had reasons to because he was bullying me for no reason because I didn’t do anything to him and he was saying bad about my family...