It wont let me extract the OSU1 Folder to usb flash drive, or any other folder for that matter.

Discus and support It wont let me extract the OSU1 Folder to usb flash drive, or any other folder for that matter. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ive been trying for days to extract the OSU1 folder to any folder at all, when I try to extract to the desktop and win rar gives me this error message... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CORPSECRUSHER66, Mar 2, 2017.

1. It wont let me extract the OSU1 Folder to usb flash drive, or any other folder for that matter.

Ive been trying for days to extract the OSU1 folder to any folder at all, when I try to extract to the desktop and win rar gives me this error message "C:\Users\George\Downloads\OSU1 (1).zip: CRC failed in $SystemUpdate\system.xvd. The file is corrupt".
    I have tried downloading the file on three different computers and wouldn't extract on any of them, I even tried downloading on my android phone and it wouldn't extract either. Also I noticed that when I download the folder all the files are there. Its just
    a problem extracting them. Perhaps the OSU1 file on Microsoft page is corrupt. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

:)

CORPSECRUSHER66, Mar 2, 2017
  2. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    Xbox WON'T UPDATE!! please help!

Hi, it vital that the USB flash drive is formatted to the FAT32 file format and that you extract the $systemupdate folder from the update file you download to your PC directly onto the flash drive. Do not download the update file onto the flash drive or
    simply copy the file across from your PC. There should be nothing on the flash drive other than the $systemupdate folder..

If your console doesn't recognise the update it could be that the console is already updated to the latest version of the system software.

forums.xbox.com/.../166045.aspx

This link has full details regarding using a USB flash drive or CD to update.

EggsBoxJuan, Mar 2, 2017
  3. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    Console wont update via cd or usb

When using the USB method are you sure you are making sure you extract the .zip file and then make sure that the folder is in the main directory.

For example if your USB Flash Drive on your computer came up as the drive "E". When you put the folder in the root directory it would then read E:\$systemupdate. If your folder was not setup like that, please try to make sure it's setup that way and try to
    update it again.

HassanB, Mar 2, 2017
  4. It wont let me extract the OSU1 Folder to usb flash drive, or any other folder for that matter.

Hello CORPSECRUSHER66,

I have unzipped the
    OSU1
    file a number times with no problems. So, I'm very suspicious that "win rar" has replaced your Windows default "Extract All..." program and Microsoft/Xbox is a little grumpy about that. Therefore, may I suggest, if you can, "[Reset] to the recommended
    Microsoft defaults" for your apps/programs on your PC. For more information on how to do this for Windows 10 see "Change
    default programs in Windows 10
    ". And if you are still running Windows 7 "Change which programs Windows 7 uses by default". Let us know if you
    continue to have an issue unzipping the OSU file.

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-updates-solution

support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/5d136adf-2571-b11a-4c54-9d5bfdf195ea/change-default-programs-in-windows-10

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18539/windows-7-change-default-programs

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-update-operating-system

Good luck and good gaming,

SA

greg_window10_installer, Mar 10, 2017
  5. greg_window10_instal Win User

It wont let me extract the OSU1 Folder to usb flash drive, or any other folder for that matter.

Hello CORPSECRUSHER66,

I have unzipped the
    OSU1
    file a number times with no problems. So, I'm very suspicious that "win rar" has replaced your Windows default "Extract All..." program and Microsoft/Xbox is a little grumpy about that. Therefore, may I suggest, if you can, "[Reset] to the recommended
    Microsoft defaults" for your apps/programs on your PC. For more information on how to do this for Windows 10 see "Change
    default programs in Windows 10
    ". And if you are still running Windows 7 "Change which programs Windows 7 uses by default". Let us know if you
    continue to have an issue unzipping the OSU file.

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-updates-solution

support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/5d136adf-2571-b11a-4c54-9d5bfdf195ea/change-default-programs-in-windows-10

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18539/windows-7-change-default-programs

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-update-operating-system

Good luck and good gaming,

SA
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Does anyone know what this code means

Thanks I am trying that now but wont take the USB stick
    Is your USB Stick NTFS formatted? Use
    these instructions to properly format the USB Stick so the console can use it
    . Be aware, that formatting the stick will erase everything from the stick!

Then extract this
    OSU1 download
    to your USB Stick.

When you look at the USB stick on your PC, make sure that there is a folder called $SystemUpdate. Do not simply copy the downloaded ZIP file. You need to extract the folder with all the files to the USB stick.
  7. WPAK Win User

"You have to install the app for this"

Just to be sure, did you unzip/extract de content of the zip file and copied to the root folder on the usb?

And the usb device was formatted prior to moving the content to the usb flash drive?
  8. VibroPlex Win User

19th Feb Live update

MetricTech9:

> downloaded the .zip that arminator provided, copied it to a FAT formatted USB and plugged it into the xbox

That won't work. You must extract the folder $systemupdate from within the SystemUpdate_16203_USB.ZIP file which you download from
    http://xbox.com/update. Once extracted and saved to the hard drive of your computer, then copy, not move, the folder to a USB flash drive, then safely remove the USB flash drive.

Turn off the Xbox and unplug its power cord, wait 8 secs, then insert the USB flash drive, plug in the power cord, power back up and retry.
  9. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox WON'T UPDATE!! please help!

Hi, it vital that the USB flash drive is formatted to the FAT32 file format and that you extract the $systemupdate folder from the update file you download to your PC directly onto the flash drive. Do not download the update file onto the flash drive or
    simply copy the file across from your PC. There should be nothing on the flash drive other than the $systemupdate folder..

If your console doesn't recognise the update it could be that the console is already updated to the latest version of the system software.

forums.xbox.com/.../166045.aspx

This link has full details regarding using a USB flash drive or CD to update.
Thema:

1. It wont let me extract the OSU1 Folder to usb flash drive, or any other folder for that matter. - Similar Threads - wont let extract

2. I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group: it won't let me make or reply to groups even though I did all the things it told me to do 70db31d5-bf8a-4594-b5f6-e886e38f2021
  3. some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...: I was putting up stream and usually ill re set it to get this to work but now it flat out wont work. Everytime i go like its muted and wont let me unmute the stream. I dont know what to do....
  4. Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...: My console (xbox series x) isnt responding to my controller properly the sticks work the home menu button works but when i try to press a on something or b to back out no response ive done a full...
  5. My seagate hard drive wont let me play sreies x optimised games.

in XBoX on Windows
    My seagate hard drive wont let me play sreies x optimised games.: As stated in title my seagate hard drive, (1tb black brick with a green led light) wont let me play series x optismised games anymore. As the internal hard drive is really small this hard drive...
  6. ok so im on discord browser and it wont let me click to agree to the permissions in order...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    ok so im on discord browser and it wont let me click to agree to the permissions in order...: im able to login to my account and everything but once it says to close the tab and continue in discord it doesnt work. i even tried reseting everything. 65c88d1f-a774-4795-9440-8f6dc5c52c10
  7. Error code (0x8027025a) wont let access anything on my Xbox series s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code (0x8027025a) wont let access anything on my Xbox series s: So I have gotten this problem recently when trying to sign in or use anything on my Xbox series s. I keep getting this error code(0x8027025a) when trying to sign in or even trying to go into my...
  8. My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...: My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with his friends, if i factory reset it can i download games i have already purchased again?? aa06192c-8517-4ebb-9060-4741170d0830
  9. I recently purchased a lg 27gl83 a-b and my xbox series x wont let me select 120hz for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently purchased a lg 27gl83 a-b and my xbox series x wont let me select 120hz for...: Any information is helpful as I have tried various settings on the monitor and xbox series x. I am trying to use 1440p at 120 hz. 793a1ab1-cd00-45fa-8f94-c46cc58eb960
  10. my laptop wont let me play league of legends because its not a verified game

in XBoX on Windows
    my laptop wont let me play league of legends because its not a verified game: Hi, how can I play none verified games?? I'm trying to download on my windows laptop 2e146413-c03c-4cb4-acc1-413d48ec1dff