It says I changed my gamertag but I never did before....?

Discus and support It says I changed my gamertag but I never did before....? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So recently Ive been thinking that I should change my name on Xbox, I've always been EchoxWindwaker. Then, when I tried to change it out for a new name... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by OriCade, Oct 6, 2019.

1. OriCade
    OriCade Guest

So recently Ive been thinking that I should change my name on Xbox, I've always been EchoxWindwaker. Then, when I tried to change it out for a new name that was available, it charged me the normale fee, and not the free one for the first time. I'm extremely
    confused why because I've never changed it before.

:)

OriCade, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Paul1708 Win User

So recently Ive been thinking that I should change my name on Xbox, I've always been EchoxWindwaker. Then, when I tried to change it out for a new name that was available, it charged me the normale fee, and not the free one for the first time. I'm
    extremely confused why because I've never changed it before.
    Hey

When you set up your account for the every 1st time it will give you a name automatic if you choose to make a name when you set up the account then that use your free change
  3. CamicaziBoss Win User

EchoxWindwaker doesn't sound like one of the randomly generated ones.

Newer accounts allow you to put in a gamertag to begin with, but don't grant the name change. Older accounts, with a randomly generated gamertag, get a free name change.
  4. sephyrwrath45 Win User

5. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User

6. OriCade Win User

Ty for your help, but I bought a new one anyways. Anyways, ty so much for your help. Honestly, I didn't think anyone would respond as fast as you did.
Thema:

1. It says I changed my gamertag but I never did before....? - Similar Threads - says changed gamertag

2. my chat mixer says use your headset or other device to change the volume when my headset is...

in XBoX on Windows
    my chat mixer says use your headset or other device to change the volume when my headset is...: headset chat mixed not working a7cea632-3764-4dba-b8c0-97751ed0576b
  3. I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway...: please help I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway and now i cant see my screen so i can't revert it and i cant reset my monitor without the...
  4. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  5. Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. Have changed batteries,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. Have changed batteries,...: Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. I have changed the batteries, updated controller, console etc and it still says it. Unable to play...
  6. I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag...: I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag and my new one under it. Anyone know why? 0a23cf37-917f-487e-891f-dc412c572639
  7. home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X and...
  8. i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft: i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft what should i do? 8b70a3c1-e664-43f3-b6f8-3b5ed77df447
  9. Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...: really strange as many accounts have above 12 characters? adbf22f4-f553-421f-b73b-1caacf7f96f3
  10. I want to change my gamertag but xbox says it isnt allowed.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change my gamertag but xbox says it isnt allowed.: I want to change it to DarkAvenjer08 but i cant because of the stupid 12 character limit so i tried just DarkAvenjer (spelt with a j because when i first thought of the username it was taken with...