It is possible to switch the Microsoft account my Xbox account is connected to or switch...

Discus and support It is possible to switch the Microsoft account my Xbox account is connected to or switch... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So, I’ve had the same Xbox account for a long time, and I don’t want to switch, but I recently got a new email address, and I’m trying to switch to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TNTBomb05, Oct 6, 2023.

1. TNTBomb05
    TNTBomb05 Guest

It is possible to switch the Microsoft account my Xbox account is connected to or switch...

So, I’ve had the same Xbox account for a long time, and I don’t want to switch, but I recently got a new email address, and I’m trying to switch to only using it. When I signed in with my new email address on my new laptop, I think it automatically made a Microsoft account for me. Due to this, I haven’t been able to switch the email my Microsoft account is connected to. When I put my new email in the “Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias” box of account setting, which everything I’ve read says is the way to change it, it says “This email address is already taken. Please try another.”

I’m mostly signed into my Xbox account on my laptop, but not my old Microsoft account, and I can’t sign in on the Xbox app because it keeps trying to have me make a new account for my new Microsoft account, and I don’t want that. Anyway, earlier today I tried to buy Java edition Minecraft, but it ended up on my new Microsoft account so I can’t play it on my Xbox account, which means my computer won’t let me download it, which is obviously a problem.

Is there a way for me to merge my two Microsoft accounts somehow? Should I try and refund my purchase and then delete my new Microsoft account (if that’s possible?) in order to be able to switch the email of my old one? Or should I refund it and then rebuy it with my old Microsoft account that’s still connected to an email I’m not really using anymore? Ideally though, I’d just like to switch the Microsoft account that my Xbox account is connected to, but unfortunately things I’ve seen online say that’s not possible.

:)

TNTBomb05, Oct 6, 2023
  2. ChiefJoboo Win User

Transfer gamertag from one microsoft account to another

Unfortunately this is not possible and since your email is a Microsoft email (Live, Hotmail or Outlook) you can't switch the email to another one and have the account not be connected to that email anymore, technically.

You can switch the login emails around but you CAN'T switch TO a Microsoft email when you do this (Live, Hotmail or Outlook). You can switch to another email provider but you can't switch between Microsoft emails as they're permanently connected to that
    account they were created on. For example, you can't switch this account's email login to another Microsoft account because that email is attached to a Microsoft account already.

The only solution is to start over and have him create a new account and have the account that owns all the games to be set as the my home xbox account on the xbox one so that the new account can play all the games that account owns BUT the saves and any
    progress will not move over and some DLC will not share, also.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
  3. WPAK Win User

Gamertag issue

HI there,

-

are both accounts connected to the same Microsoft Account (email address)?

If that is the case you will need to try and move the TwinnedIsland account to another Microsoft Account. As far as I know that is only possible via the xbox 360 console via the steps on this link:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

-

After that account is moved, the other should re-emerge again.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Account Switch - Possible

Hi JJ29,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We see you have question on account control. Currently the account is an adult account most likely. With adult accounts there is no way to put any restrictions or anything. Unfortunately, data and things are unable
    to be transferred from one account to another. You would need to make a child account for your son. This way you can manage permissions for the account. Here are a couple links that will help you.

1. https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/security/add-family-member-on-xbox-one
    2. https://support.xbox.com/browse/my-account/manage-account/Child accounts
    Hope this helps.

Brad
  5. WPAK Win User

Microsoft Account

6. Mathias Sandhofer Win User

Can't change Microsoft accounts on Nintendo switch.

Hi Georges,

thank you for your answer. I disagree. The problem is with a Microsoft account within minecraft. The issue is definitely with Microsoft.

In Minecraft on switch there is a button to logout from Minecraft. When you login again, the authentication of the first Microsoft account which was logged into is prompted. There is no possibility to change the Microsoft account.

There is an additional button "Delete Microsoft account login data". If this is pressed you are asked, if you are sure. If you press yes, nothing happens. Nothing has changed with login either.

Can you help us, please?

Issue is, I connected the Switch Minecraft version with my adult Microsoft account. Now my son is old enough and I want, that he logs into the switch with his own account. But I cannot change the Microsoft login account of switch minecraft. :-(

Best

Mathias
Thema:

1. It is possible to switch the Microsoft account my Xbox account is connected to or switch... - Similar Threads - possible switch Microsoft

2. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  3. Is it possible to get a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to get a refund?: I gifted my friend a game without paying attention to the fact that it was only available for Xbox series s/x. So not only can't they play but they already redeemed the code. Is there no other way...
  4. Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?: i accidentally used my last switch when my friend tried switching my xbox to his home. now i have no more switches and cannot play any of the games i previously could, could i possibly get a...
  5. Hello Is it possible for me to link my Nintendo switch Minecraft account to my Xbox account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello Is it possible for me to link my Nintendo switch Minecraft account to my Xbox account...: I got a new Xbox and got a Xbox account set up but it won’t let me create/add a Minecraft account that I already have it just makes a new one for me but that is not what I want can you help...
  6. Is it possible to let the music play when switching from a game to the main menu?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to let the music play when switching from a game to the main menu?: Hello, I just got the Xbox Series X and i noticed that when i have Spotify playing and a game running it will stop the audio for a second when switching to the starting menu and vice versa. Is it...
  7. I have bought Minecraft on my computer and is it possible to get the switch version with it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have bought Minecraft on my computer and is it possible to get the switch version with it...: I have bought Minecraft on my computer and is it possible to get the switch version with it or do I need to pay again for the switch version 444139c5-9c62-4d78-99db-70a9ff51764f
  8. Is there seriously no possible way of getting an extra home switch?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there seriously no possible way of getting an extra home switch?: Just bought an xbox series x, moved from one s, and I cant make our family account home xbox due to the switches being out which i believe happened due to my home xbox constantly resetting out of...
  9. Is it possible to switch a permanent ban to a permanent communication ban

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to switch a permanent ban to a permanent communication ban: How come I got permanently banned over a message tho doesn’t it make more sense to permanently ban me from communicating instead of taking away my whole account which I spent thousands on… I can’t...
  10. Rewards mobile - is it possible to switch off the Bing KI ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Rewards mobile - is it possible to switch off the Bing KI ?: If I want to do the 20 mobile searches for the 60 Rewards points I can't perform a normal search. Every time I put in a letter or word and press Enter it just disappears without result. So I am...