Issues with switching Xbox accounts in Windows 11

Discus and support Issues with switching Xbox accounts in Windows 11 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; If you're having issues with switching profiles (accounts) in the Xbox app in Win11, maybe this will help. Most likely, your Xbox app is signing you... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ExpertBadger, Dec 15, 2023.

1. ExpertBadger
    ExpertBadger Guest

If you're having issues with switching profiles (accounts) in the Xbox app in Win11, maybe this will help.

Most likely, your Xbox app is signing you in with the email address you used to create the Windows 11 profile on your computer and is defaulting to this every time you open the app or try to change your user profile. After reading other solutions, I figured there must be a simpler way to fix this. Here's what worked for me:

1. Check your Microsoft Store account. You are most likely signed in with the email and account name you're trying to switch FROM (This was my issue). If so, sign out.

2. Go to Settings>Apps>Installed apps>Xbox. Click on the three dots on the right and select "Advanced Options"

3. Go to "Reset" and click on the reset button.

4. Restart the Xbox app. You should now have the option to switch to your desired account.

5. Sign back in to the Microsoft Store with the email and password of the user account you switched TO on the Xbox app.

:)

ExpertBadger, Dec 15, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: