Issues with recovering a very old account(security info is known)

Discus and support Issues with recovering a very old account(security info is known) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I write to you all for help in recovering my very first account on Xbox LIVE ever. The gamertag is OutlawELYJAH. I know both the email... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Velzee, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Velzee
    Velzee Guest

Hello everyone! I write to you all for help in recovering my very first account on Xbox LIVE ever. The gamertag is OutlawELYJAH. I know both the email address and password that was used for the account, but I also linked my second ever account(XxImxMazticalxX;
    it is now suspended forever) with the same email(I don't know how, but it was shortly after creating OutlawELYJAH around 2006 or 2007). The problem is, every time I try to recover OutlawELYJAH, it always recovers XxImxMazticalxX, instead. I would really like
    some assistance in this matter, and any effort is very much appreciated! Thank you in advance! -Elyjah

:)

Velzee, Nov 24, 2014
  2. Miss Portia
    Miss Portia Guest
    Recovering a very old account

If you do not know the Windows LIVE ID or password, I'm afraid there's nothing you can do to recover the account.

Miss Portia, Nov 24, 2014
  3. Recovering a very old account

Ok so my friend and I are trying to recover his old account. Back in the day he made GOLFisNOTaSPORT on my 360 (and had gone online, etc).

He cannot remember his password however and the email he used doesn't work for recovery, i believe because back then it was not a "live ID" or w/e. it's an aol email.

SOoo what do we do?

Mark aka Sniper, Nov 24, 2014
  4. Issues with recovering a very old account(security info is known)

Have you tried to sign in at account.live.com and change the alternate or alias on the account?

TweakyBaton7761, Nov 24, 2014
  5. oOUTSIDERo62
    oOUTSIDERo62 Guest
    Well I can tell you that the account still exists.
    account.xbox.com/.../profile
    . I will ask a few ambassador friends on your best course of action to recover it.

oOUTSIDERo62, Dec 24, 2014
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Two gamertags were never meant to be linked to the same Microsoft Account for this very reason. If you have an Xbox 360 or have access to one try the steps listed at the following link to change the email address associated with the gamertag to see if it
    will free it up for you.

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

You could also try the steps at the following link to change the email address from an Xbox One.

support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-account-info

If that doesn't help then I'm afraid that you'll need to contact phone support for more assistance with changing things around. If you live in North America then dial 1-800-469-9269

onyxishere, Feb 24, 2015
  7. oOUTSIDERo62
    oOUTSIDERo62 Guest
    Velzee, Onyx is pretty much my go to guy when I can not answer a question. Try to follow his advise as it is likely to work things out. Let us know how it goes.

oOUTSIDERo62, Oct 31, 2018
  8. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

Velzee, Onyx is pretty much my go to guy when I can not answer a question. Try to follow his advise as it is likely to work things out. Let us know how it goes.
  9. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

Well I can tell you that the account still exists.
    account.xbox.com/.../profile
    . I will ask a few ambassador friends on your best course of action to recover it.
  10. TweakyBaton7761 Win User

Have you tried to sign in at account.live.com and change the alternate or alias on the account?
  11. onyxishere Win User

Two gamertags were never meant to be linked to the same Microsoft Account for this very reason. If you have an Xbox 360 or have access to one try the steps listed at the following link to change the email address associated with the gamertag to see if it
    will free it up for you.

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

You could also try the steps at the following link to change the email address from an Xbox One.

support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-account-info

If that doesn't help then I'm afraid that you'll need to contact phone support for more assistance with changing things around. If you live in North America then dial 1-800-469-9269
  12. Miss Portia Win User

Recovering a very old account

If you do not know the Windows LIVE ID or password, I'm afraid there's nothing you can do to recover the account.
Thema:

1. Issues with recovering a very old account(security info is known) - Similar Threads - Issues recovering very

2. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  3. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  4. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  5. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  6. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  7. 360 live issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 live issue: i’m using the Xbox one I’m trying to play an Xbox 360 game Domino’s when I try to login. It’s telling me to check my Internet. I’m logged into the Internet on my Xbox one profile having this...
  8. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  9. Can’t recover Xbox account due to Microsoft account issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t recover Xbox account due to Microsoft account issue: Due to troubleshooting issues I had to reset my Xbox to fix the issue, however after connect my Microsoft account the Xbox profile is an old one I haven’t used in year, my main one is nowhere to...
  10. Issues recovering an account that was hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues recovering an account that was hacked: Let me start off by saying how absurd this is. My account has been hacked. I cannot login using my previous email address. I've been told by the virtual assistant to run the account recovery form...