Issues with predictive text being automatically selected on series s/x device

Discus and support Issues with predictive text being automatically selected on series s/x device in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have recently customised a controller for my son and from what I can tell this issue is limited to that controller only. When attempting to type a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Rbay2803, Dec 25, 2023.

1. Rbay2803
    Rbay2803 Guest

I have recently customised a controller for my son and from what I can tell this issue is limited to that controller only. When attempting to type a message or redeem a code predictive texts are being automatically selected and any other character cannot be selected as it scrolls back to the 1st option in predictive text bar. Doesn't matter whether the d pad or analogue stick is used. I have tried to see if predictive text can be turned off but seems this is not an option. I have updated the controller in settings menu with no improvement. There is no drift when playing games or scrolling through menu and performed a button test in settings. I have done a reset/power cycle of both consoles and nothing has resolved the issue.

It's not stopping him from playing his games but a bit annoying that he needs to change controllers to redeem a code and cannot use text chat if he had to but gets by using headset anyway.

Hopefully someone may have a fix I haven't tried?

Thanks

:)

Rbay2803, Dec 25, 2023
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hello Rbay2803,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I understand you're having issues with predictive text auto-selection on your Xbox Series S/X controller. Here are some steps you can try to fix the problem:

Check that the controller is properly connected to the console. Make sure the USB cable is securely connected to the console and controller.
    Image of Connect the Xbox Series S/X controller to the console

Reset your controller. To do this, press and hold the Xbox button for about 10 seconds.
    Update the controller firmware. You can find the latest firmware for your controller on the Xbox website.

Restores the controller to factory settings. To do this, go to Settings > Devices and accessories > Controls > [controller name] > Options > Restore factory settings.
    If you have tried all of these steps and are still having problems, you can contact Xbox support. They will be able to help you solve the problem.

Here are some additional tips that may help you fix the problem:

Try using a different driver. If you can use a different driver without problems, it means that the problem is related to the custom driver.

Try using a different USB cable. The USB cable you are using may be defective.
    Try connecting the controller to a different console.

If you can connect the controller to another console without problems, it means that the problem is related to your console.

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    marvina
  3. Don B1 Win User

When entering the Microsoft store hovering over the buy button for Grand theft Auto v Xbox series x|s edition

I have Xbox one x, want to buy GTA v for Xbox one x|s for $39.99

When hovering over the buy button in Microsoft store on GTA v series x|s a small text bar appears saying. This is not playable on this device.

I have Xbox one x.

But the store says GTA v series x|s is not playable on my Xbox one x.
  4. Smwutches Win User

I have an Xbox One S. I'm trying to download Starfield Standard Ed. And I keep getting "not compatible devices".

The game is being released on the Series S/X. It is not being released on the One. So it's not compatible with that device. You will be able to play it through the cloud with Game Pass Ultimate after release.
  5. Michael Garza1 Win User

Purchased THPS upgrade dlc, why doesn’t Series S|X version show in my Library? Same goes for Outer World Spacer Choice upgrade dlc.

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help. This procedure may help resolve this issue: How to clear cache on Xbox Series X|S consoles Press the Xbox button on the controller. Go to your profile icon and select “Settings”. Select "Devices and Connections", then "Blu-ray". Select "Persistent Storage". Select "Clear Persistent Storage". (Note ) Clearing the cache removes all game updates already downloaded. You will need to download these updates again the next time you play the game. Hope I helped and see you soon
    In having a Series S, I found that I had to do a full reset since there is no Blu-Ray option. Reset again, still do not see the Series S|X version of either game.

I still have to search the Store to be able to download the X|S versions.
  6. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Download move to internal on a Xbox Series X.

You can set it so that games optimised for the Series X/S are downloaded to the internal storage automatically, if that helps. Go to Settings - System - Storage devices - Change installation locations and you can change the settings there.

I dunno why there's no warning, but yeah; games optimised for Series X/S consoles can only be run from the internal SSD or a Seagate expansion card, not a regular external hard drive.
Thema:

1. Issues with predictive text being automatically selected on series s/x device - Similar Threads - Issues predictive text

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  4. Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x: My Xbox series x I have tried everything to fix it. No settings or anything help I have tried unplugging using different port different tv different HDMI cable Unplugging factory resetting tv...
  5. Can anybody help me with this issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anybody help me with this issue?: Couple months ago i went to nyc to meet some family members their children had an Xbox so I logged on on my account. Everything was fine but they started kicking me off games so they can play I...
  6. Xbox having connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox having connection issues: My roommates and I have three xboxes total in our house. Two days ago they all started having the same issue. We keep getting kicked offline, and our consoles say they can't connect to the...
  7. Xbox PC issues DCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox PC issues DCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC: i cant leave my own party on xbox app pc. any sollution? submitted by /u/Euphoric_Ad3856 [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox Favorite Notification and Join Game Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Favorite Notification and Join Game Issues: I have several people on my friends list and all of them are friends with me but I have 1 friend that is favorited that will not give notifications, allow you to join his games or allow him to...
  9. Series S connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S connection issue: Every day after I get off work and come home and try to load up my Xbox it says that it is not connected to the Wi-Fi. I proceeded to type in the password for the Wi-Fi and get prompted with “...
  10. Keyboard and mouse dongle issue. Can I get a new dongle mail to me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keyboard and mouse dongle issue. Can I get a new dongle mail to me: Microsoft ergonomic sculpt keyboard and mouse b37a3e19-f913-4fff-a391-66e04a89c962