Issues with Hard Drive replacement in Xbox one post update

Discus and support Issues with Hard Drive replacement in Xbox one post update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all I'll try to keep it brief and succinct, and happy to answer any further questions regarding what I have attempted. Mainly posting to bring... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Morscode, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Morscode
    Morscode Guest

Hey all

I'll try to keep it brief and succinct, and happy to answer any further questions regarding what I have attempted. Mainly posting to bring more attention to what seems to be a pre existing issue with the way Microsoft rolls out updates to consoles and when they upload the OSU1 file on their site.

First off, background. I have an xbox one x that was getting really sad with its boot up and load times and the drive tested as bad. Before taking any drastic steps I knew Xbox was different to Sony so did some research.

2 weeks ago I backed up all the files on the original drive just in case, and kept it aside. I got a new 1tb WD blue if it matters, and I followed the process outlined by Microsoft and echoed in a few YouTube videos I could find.

I had no issues with the console initialising and setting up not failing at all. After this there was an update to be done, and also as it matters my console is enrolled in the insider program.

Not thinking too much of it, I decided to get greedy and install an SSD instead.

Following the same process I got hit with an update error code at 1% when the OSU1 tried to do its thing.

Now even if I put the old drive in, the 1tb WD that I used or the new SSD I get stuck between reset loop or update loop. After a lot of trawling I found that IF your console has been updated to a later version than the OSU1 file on the site you basically have a bricked console until they release the newer version of OSU1.

I rang and spoke with Microsoft today and they confirmed this. Does anybody know how long it might be I have a bricked console until then?

I have tried using several methods online to get it to work from replacing every file from the old drive onto a new one, the original drive itself, and the SSD to complete clean installs.

:)

Morscode, Oct 10, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

We cannot assist with self-repair.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Well no as you installed an unauthorized hdd

You can't replace.hdds.the osu is not for rewriting hdds and wr can't help with self rrpair

Your only option is to use the OG hdd

Since you can't buy an xbox one x new you have to deal with the seller for repair since xbox ones are no longer covered by warranty
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

NECESITO AYUDAAA!! [Edit - Translation] - I NEED HELP !!

Hello Mario,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. Do you get an error code with that message at all? Have you tried turning on the console after first

removing the hard drive
    ? If the console works without the hard drive then that hard drive is corrupted and needs to be formatted or replaced.

Keep us updated and we will try our best to assist with this issue!
  5. WPAK Win User

New updates and now XBox 360 250G hard drive reads unformatted

Hi there,

Small correction on the post made by NMXU. Do not try to format the hard drive via a PC, that is not supported and could be considered tampering etc and besides that it will result in several other issues.

Please see the steps on this link regarding the unformatted issue and what to try and do:

support.xbox.com/.../hard-drive

If all fail please follow the steps on that same link on how to order a replacement hard drive.

Side note: The initial issue is likely that the hard drive is failing, causing the console to think an update is needed
  6. User 9242019 Win User

Lost digital library after update

What update? Hard drive issue? External hard drive issue? If it is the Preview update, you should be posting in the Preview Forum and not here.
Thema:

1. Issues with Hard Drive replacement in Xbox one post update - Similar Threads - Issues Hard Drive

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  4. Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x: My Xbox series x I have tried everything to fix it. No settings or anything help I have tried unplugging using different port different tv different HDMI cable Unplugging factory resetting tv...
  5. Xbox one original forza edition hard drive issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one original forza edition hard drive issue: Hi all, looking for help with installing a new hard drive into my console. I have already tried alot of different ways but have been very unsuccessful. I have taken the broken hard drive out of...
  6. can't download games to hard drive on xbox gamepass, ran into weird issue with the h drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't download games to hard drive on xbox gamepass, ran into weird issue with the h drive...: so when i tried to download games to my h drive it would never let me, and nothing i found on here or anywhere else would help, and when i was messing around trying to find a solution, i went to...
  7. External Hard Drive Undetectable Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Undetectable Issue: Hello Everyone, I had a Seagate HALO HDD of 5TB that I used with my Xbox Series S until Feb'23 when I upgraded to a Series X. When I left the house for several days, I adjusted the power settings...
  8. Same issues hard reset didn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Same issues hard reset didn't work: Same troubles hard/factory reset didn't work kinda made things worse after last update no I don't have money for a new console either so if that's ur intentions wouldn't surprise me...
  9. Best external hard drive to use and do they cause any issue to xbox one

in XBoX on Windows
    Best external hard drive to use and do they cause any issue to xbox one: I'm on xbox one S and not sure why I keep getting xbox one green logo screen when I start yhe xbox one. ccbdf64e-1a5d-4bb3-8553-d9f3afa854a3
  10. External hard drive issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External hard drive issue: Okay so for a while now everytime i download something on to my external hard drive it has this arrow <> and everytime I click on the game it says please download on internal hard drive. I don’t...