Issues with gamepass games launching but crashing at menu and going black

Discus and support Issues with gamepass games launching but crashing at menu and going black in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Short version I'm having extreme difficulty launching some games downloaded via gamepass ultimate (IE Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite) however I can... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by XGN Cerberus VI, Aug 11, 2023.

1. Issues with gamepass games launching but crashing at menu and going black

Short version I'm having extreme difficulty launching some games downloaded via gamepass ultimate (IE Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite) however I can play others (IE Age of Empires I, SnowRunner) and I am able to play any game on steam, Epic, League of Legends, World of Warships/Tanks, ect without issue.

I was originally given a 70002 error code where the game refused to even finish downloading or launch however now they will launch and black screen before crashing. I have already uninstalled gaming services via PowerShell, uninstalled all xbox related apps and services and reinstalled, repaired and reset, tried downloading in other places, verified all my versions of apps, graphics card, windows update are all up to date and i am just having absolutely no luck. I am on Windows 11 Home and I'm just at a loss of what error is throwing this thing as back in Decemberish of 22 I was able to play games without issue.

:)

XGN Cerberus VI, Aug 11, 2023
  2. XGN Cerberus VI Win User

Yea thats not going to work. As mentioned im playing on Windows 11 so this isnt a console problem this is a problem with Xbox on PC and ive already done the initial troubleshooting for a 70002 error which is the code i originally got.
  3. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

Hello XGN C,

I'm Nilay and I'll be glad to answer your query today.

Kindly try the following troubleshooting steps:

1.) Power Cycle

Try power cycling your Xbox. A full power cycle completely reboots your console. Doing this does not erase any of your games or data.

Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button  on the front of the console for at least 10 seconds.

Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button  on the console or the Xbox button  on your controller.

Note If you don’t see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure you hold the power button for at least 10 seconds until the console completely shuts down.

After you have completed the previous steps to power cycle your console, try to restart your game.

2.) Try using a different profile.

Sometimes gameplay can be affected by corrupted profile data on your Xbox console. To see if this is the case, try playing the same game using a different profile on your console.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system, and then select Add or switch.

Select a profile other than the one you were previously using.

If you don’t have a different profile set up on your Xbox, you can create a new profile just for testing purposes, or have a friend load their profile onto your console to test the game for you. For help adding another profile to your Xbox console, see:

Now restart the game to see if it works correctly under a different profile.

3.) Clear the local save and resync with the cloud.

It’s possible that the local save for your game has become corrupted. If so, deleting the local save and re-syncing with the cloud might correct the problem.
    First, delete the local save:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and then select My games & apps > See all > Games.

Highlight the game title, and then press the Menu button  on your controller.
    Select Manage game and add-ons > Saved data.
    Select Delete all to remove the local save of this game, then follow the prompts.
    After you delete the local save, restart your Xbox.

Reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us... hold the Xbox,connected to the Xbox service.

Good Luck
    Regards
  4. JVSnow Win User

One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 Crash

Hello Jesse. Thanks for your time.

Nothing works, it related on my opinion on Xbox version. Administrative rights are not allowed to change on Xbox apps. It is possible if I get the owner permission but i tried too and It does not work.

The game starts, no black screen or crash on launch. The game crash when i have to "push the button to go to the main menu" and, after that, crash.
  5. tobisness Win User

Rise of Tomb Raider Crashes on Startup

Hi, if you take your PC offline does the game still crash ?
    Yes! I unplugged my ethernet, launched the game and it did not load since I lost connection to the gamepass app. When I plugged it back in, it finished loading into the menu screen. I was able to launch and am experiencing no issues at Extra high dx12 and
    all setting maxed on 1440p. Weird issue, however I recommend if anyone else is experiencing it do this step.

******RESOLVED***********
  6. CeoOfShrek Win User

fallout 76 and other newer titles wont launch with the xbox app on pc

No errors were found when troubleshooting and the error message is gone but upon launching it will start the game but freeze as soon as the menus loads, and other times upon launch it will show as a black screen with my cursor showing as the blue loading circle then the crash menu pops up saying the basic "Close app" and "Wait for response". I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and possibly that will fix it.
Thema:

1. Issues with gamepass games launching but crashing at menu and going black - Similar Threads - Issues gamepass games

2. Gamepass update issue on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepass update issue on PC: I am on PC and Xbox Gamepass has a required update. I try to update. It repeatedly errors out with error code 0x080070020 that seems to relate to multiple instances of the app running. But only...
  3. GameSharing gamepass issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GameSharing gamepass issue: My brother got Xbox gamepass ultimate and he is also game sharing with me but when I try to play online it keeps telling me to get gamepass. 76388427-90f2-4cb0-830f-c2b431f51543
  4. Having issues at gamepass home menu with games loading & play buttons on games grayed out....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having issues at gamepass home menu with games loading & play buttons on games grayed out....: Having issues at gamepass home menu with games loading & play buttons on games grayed out. Is there a fix for this? 9f06d45e-80bd-48a1-856d-8ec718c7af49
  5. GamePass Wont load - Network Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    GamePass Wont load - Network Issue: I have issues displaying installed games on gamepass app. I think its network related as the issue on 2 devices (Desktop & Handheld). Library fails or takes forever to load. (Account &...
  6. gamepass for pc issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamepass for pc issues: my gamepass app for pc I have keeps saying I need to update info as sub run out but when I go to Microsoft store it clearly shows i have an active sub but because app doesnt recognize i do and i...
  7. PC gamepass install issue 0x80070005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC gamepass install issue 0x80070005: I have been trying to install forza however keep running into issues. The downloads were throwing up error messages at random times. I have tried to restart the download and now the failed...
  8. I need microsoft/xbox to fix issue with gamepass quests not being accessible on my account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need microsoft/xbox to fix issue with gamepass quests not being accessible on my account...: For months I have been unable to view or complete gamepass quests, daily weekly monthly etc. For some unknown reason they just disappeared and I've tried many fixes to find a solution but still...
  9. Having issues launching games on Gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having issues launching games on Gamepass: Didnt use to have issues but recently this has cropped up. *Problem* Downloading games went fine but launching some games now crop up with a File System Error (-1069586941) I thought this...
  10. can't download games to hard drive on xbox gamepass, ran into weird issue with the h drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't download games to hard drive on xbox gamepass, ran into weird issue with the h drive...: so when i tried to download games to my h drive it would never let me, and nothing i found on here or anywhere else would help, and when i was messing around trying to find a solution, i went to...