Issues with disk drive

Discus and support Issues with disk drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all this has been happening to me off and on for a while. When I have a game in my system and I try to eject it, it stays inside and won't eject.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vulture of Time, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Issues with disk drive

Hey all this has been happening to me off and on for a while. When I have a game in my system and I try to eject it, it stays inside and won't eject.

Following Microsoft's instructions I inserted a straightened paperclip into the corresponding hole on the side of the xbox to manually force the system to eject the disk.

However once this happens, the console will not accept new disks. If I fully power down the console and turn it back on the console will accept disks again, but after a short while the process begins again.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there an easy remedy or am I looking at mailing this out to Microsoft for repair?

It hasn't been too much of a bother before, but now with so many games coming out I find myself getting more and more frustrated.

If it matters mine was a Day One edition.

Thanks!

:)

Vulture of Time, Nov 11, 2014
  2. fastharry
    fastharry Guest
    Disk drive issues!

I got my XB1 about 5 weeks ago....right from the get go I could tell the disc drive was a little wonky...it would gently click and not read the disc....It's only done it a few times but the other day was the first time it would not eject the disc on the
    first try..

Glad I waited until Costco had them in stock when I first bought.....Already ordered another one and will take this one back next week..

fastharry, Nov 11, 2014
  3. Disk drive issues!

I just got a new preview up date I'm not getting notifications when friends get online and when I eject the disk it goes back into the drive so I have to eject it again. Then when I put a different disk in I get a message saying that it's dirty or damaged.
    It does this for every game I own. But if I hard reset it's ok for a little while then goes back to saying the same thing. Anybody know how to fix this

Navy Warmonger, Nov 11, 2014
  4. Issues with disk drive

Just try this before you do where the eject sensor whatever its called give it a wipe over with a soft cloth/tissue hope it works.

GrowlingYapper, Nov 11, 2014
  5. Hordie Win User

disk drive issue

What the problems? Some disc drives are faulty and this is known, and support over the phone is helping people with those. Some fixed, some can't be fixed.
  6. wherehashegone Win User

Disk Drive issue.

Common problem pal.

Always seems to happen just outside warranty too.

Shoddy MS products for ya.
  7. The1337gamer Win User

Disk Drive issue.

Tried the solution steps, still don't work though. My xbox is outta warranty, and i don't think it's worth paying that much for a repair, it costs more than my console is now worth. I'll have to wait and buy a new one i guess.

Thanks for the helps anyway, much appreciated.
  8. Stoyvensen Win User

Disk drive issues!

I'm sure the people at Xbox generally care about your issue. They just don't have control over how long it takes for a replacement. It takes time to replace the item.
  9. Lofty Who Win User

Disk drive issues!

Sorry to hear about your issues.

Unfortunately things go wrong with whatever we buy, consoles, TVs etc, thankfully the failure rate seems to be very low compared to previous consoles so unfortunately you have been one of the unlucky ones.

Did you buy it off the Microsoft Store? if so then I'm not sure the plan to replace them but I know someone on my friends list who sent a faulty XB1 back to Microsoft but he had a new replacement back within 7 days so not sure why they are now saying .. "About
    a Month" ..

If you didn't buy it from the Microsoft Store, you might have better luck taking/sending it back to where you made the purchase?

Good luck.
Thema:

Issues with disk drive

1. Issues with disk drive - Similar Threads - Issues disk drive

2. party issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party issue: i can see all of my friends in an open, public lobby, but when i try to join i am met with 'your xbox profile is not able to join parties'. i have never had this issue before and i havent changed...
  3. Minecraft issues & breaks

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft issues & breaks: Hi Microsoft team, In minecraft 1.20.50, 1.20.60 or up is product some problems in resource and behavior packs, like there was an add-on when I put it in my world and enter the world the game...
  4. Oh boy more game sharing issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Oh boy more game sharing issues: I'm sure you've seen something like this before. So currently my brothers game sharing with me and he has Xbox gold. But when I try to go into any online games that take gold it takes me to that...
  5. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  6. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  7. Cloudplay issues on Android, immediately disconnects

in XboX Insiders
    Cloudplay issues on Android, immediately disconnects: On android, When I can actually get it to start it immediately disconnects, but most of the time it won't even let me log in to my main account which is the only one with ultimate, works fine on...
  8. X Box Series WiFi Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box Series WiFi Issue: Hello my guy has a X Box Series X and he's having to connect to WiFi almost everytime he cuts it on then most times it doesn't automatically connect and it makes us restart our router then it...
  9. Hello everyone sorry for disturbing you but I got a issue of my xbox console & it has been...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello everyone sorry for disturbing you but I got a issue of my xbox console & it has been...: I'm tired & I don't know what to do next maybe failure of hardware & some other conditions ba7728e6-4a71-4817-b570-f87f13f369c3
  10. I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...: Recently i have put a random command in command prompt from youtube and now i have trouble starting up epicgames, ubisoft and can't play any other games. Is there a way to fix this?...