Issues with 2 player games and controllers

Discus and support Issues with 2 player games and controllers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When playing one game and using 2 controllers one won’t work, they change player 1 mode or we have to sign one in as a guest. When playing another... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Amanda McG, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Amanda McG
    Amanda McG Guest

When playing one game and using 2 controllers one won’t work, they change player 1 mode or we have to sign one in as a guest.

When playing another game we select 1 player option and it won’t progress until we select a second player and then a third. As we only have 2 controllers this means we can’t continue.

We are having issues with controllers and accessing games with 2 or more players. We have tried to reset and resync multiple times.

:)

Amanda McG, Dec 27, 2023
  2. Amanda McG Win User

Thankyou

It seems to be working and I have two very happy tiny humans

fingers crossed it sticks around
  3. [EX] Win User

Hi,

first you should connect the controllers with an USB cable to the console and update them in the settings.

Afterwards you should create an account for the second player and restart the console afterwards.

This should help - if not let us know.
  4. Jared8794516 Win User

How to edit which Player a Xbox controller is? Windows 10 Home, wired controller,

Hi Daze

Thank you for replying. The controller is always detected. Yes, Win10 is updated and it keeps the drivers updated.

The issue is that after opening a game, the controller moves from Player 1 to Player 2. I cannot move it back to Player 1 without a reboot. It has ruined the gaming experience.

I suspect some of the issue is with the xbox gamebar software.
  5. Rahziel66 Win User

Gears 4 and 5 on PC Splitscreen Co-op Controller Issues

Hello. As I said on the original post I log in as Razhiel66 and player 2 logs in as (1). The issue is when we go to split screen both controllers are mixed up and controller player 1 or a mixture of both characters. The xbox one controllers and now I have tried the most recent xbox controller have these issues. Is there a way to fix the controller issue?
  6. PaulMcFarlane1 Win User

Cannot play 2 player games

Hi you can sync controller no issues and can assign an account to it. But when we go into any game for a 2 player it does not work. Once you sync a 2nd controller how do you get it to actually work in a game?
Thema:

1. Issues with 2 player games and controllers - Similar Threads - Issues player games

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  4. Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x: My Xbox series x I have tried everything to fix it. No settings or anything help I have tried unplugging using different port different tv different HDMI cable Unplugging factory resetting tv...
  5. Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S)

in XboX Insiders
    Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S): I have issues hearing multiple people in party chat. I live in a building with one of my friends (Friend A) and the other one lives a few miles away (Friend B). Friend A plays on PC, while friend...
  6. Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.

in XboX Insiders
    Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.: It has no media server access, and it has an unfriendly UI when navigating through a large library of music. Also it's impossible to transfer from PC to internal storage. It reads metadata...
  7. How do I fix this issue with the cd player?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix this issue with the cd player?: I have an Xbox and I was trying to listen to my cds but it kept saying that the songs couldn’t play because I didn’t have enough storage after deleting a couple apps that took up a lot of storage....
  8. PGA 2K23- creating players having issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PGA 2K23- creating players having issues: PGA 2K23 for xbox. It does not let me create additional golfers and enter the names of them. On the player screen it only shows his country, gender and one more thing. The name your player option...
  9. Xbox Series X Blu-ray player issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X Blu-ray player issues: My games work fine, but when I try to play a movie the screen shakes, but everything else seems fine with the movie just the shake of the screen. I unplugged the hdmi cord, I uninstalled the app...
  10. slot 2 for controllers??? (No Second player allowed to use second controller) UNFIXED ISSUE!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    slot 2 for controllers??? (No Second player allowed to use second controller) UNFIXED ISSUE!!: PC reads both devices as plugged in. Both Xbox controllers appear in microsoft accessories... but only ONE SLOT is available. This means ONE CONTROLLER will control BOTH players in any 2 player...