Issues turning on the attached devices when console turns on

Discus and support Issues turning on the attached devices when console turns on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have tried many possible solutions but I continue not knowing why the cable box and TV doesn't turn on when console turns on. My cable box is a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ricardo Sotolongo(2), Jan 9, 2014.

1. Issues turning on the attached devices when console turns on

:)

Ricardo Sotolongo(2), Jan 9, 2014
  2. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    the new xbox 360 slim 250gb memory card

Turn your console off.

Remove your memory device.

Turn the console back on.

Put the memory device back in.

See if that helps. There's apparently a problem with the console properly recognizing memory devices if they're attached during boot.

IceStorm III, Jan 9, 2014
  3. Xbox One not always turning on attached devices

Heres my dilema!!

I've got the following setup:

Blauplunkt TV, HDMI'd to the Xbox

LG Soundbar, Optical'd to Xbox

Virgin TiVo Box, HDMI'd to Xbox.

I've been through the setup process for all the devices and they all appeared to be working.

The problem is, it doesn't always work. Sometimes when I turn the Xbox on, the TV won't come on but everything else will. Sometimes, the Soundbar won't come on, but everything else will and so on. Sometimes, the soundbar turns on and then turns off again.
    Turning the console off through voice, console power button, controller or media controller turns everything off. The Device settings are all set to "Toggle" which is the only option, aside form "Nothing"

I don't know whats happening or why!!?

The devices are all listed with their remote codes under devices.

I did a chat session with support and tried the optical cable in the TV instead of the Xbox and the same thing is happening. The problem is, when I do my own troubleshooting, ie, turning the console on and off in close succession it works fine. But when
    I come back to it later, something doesn't turn on. Would the method of shutdown (media remote etc...) alter what happens at startup?

Another odd one, if anyone fancies tackling it, because as far as I''m concerned, this is impossible... I unplugged the soundbar from both the TV and the Xbox, so it was only plugged into the power socket. "Xbox, turn off"...Xbox turns off along with everything
    else, including the disconnected soundbar...!!! It also turned back on with the console!!! Think I have ghosts!!

Anyone got any ideas?

NeedMorePower, Jan 9, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Issues turning on the attached devices when console turns on