Issues signing into Xbox App for PC - ongoing for months, Microsoft dont seem to care!!!

Discus and support Issues signing into Xbox App for PC - ongoing for months, Microsoft dont seem to care!!! in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; For months, I have been unable to sign into the Xbox App for PC, I've had to install games via the mobile app as a workaround, they will then launch... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Gofunk, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Gofunk
    Gofunk Guest

Issues signing into Xbox App for PC - ongoing for months, Microsoft dont seem to care!!!

For months, I have been unable to sign into the Xbox App for PC, I've had to install games via the mobile app as a workaround, they will then launch from windows, however, there are now some games that no longer appear as available for PC in the mobile, and have to be installed via the desktop app, so this needs to be fixed.

I'm signed into the store account via the app, but cannot sign into my Microsft account.

When I click sign in, the app refreshes, but I'm still not signed in.

How can I fix this?

:)

Gofunk, Aug 2, 2022
  2. i d3ath dealer Win User

Having the same issue at the start of august...

The app asks to sign in to your microsoft account but this seems to be stuck in an endless loop. I am able to sign in to my account at the windows store but not in the xbox pc app OR the xbox companion app.

What have i tested?

• Clean install for windows 10 --> even with default install it did not work!
    • clean install for windows 11 --> even with default install it did not work!
    • Checked every resource on this topic that i could find
      • Checked all runing services for xbox
      • Reset apps to default at "apps and programs"
      • clear the identity xbox data --> %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker
      • reinstalled the xbox app --> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)AppXManifest.xml"}
      • check the selective startup with "msconfig" if all the xbox related services have been started
      • check all the windows updates and even the optional ones
      • Check conflicting programs (remember this is a clean install so there are no VPN or antivirus software running...)
      • Checked firewall rules --> xbox app has been whitelisted
      • Disable my lan adapter and connect my desktop pc with my 4G hotspot from my phone to make sure there is no port forwarding issue

I really do not understand that this app can be made public because it does not work out of the box. I even looked for customer support on this topic but it seems that online chat has been "outsourced" to the community. This is really exhausting -.-
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Gofunk

Please answer the following questions :

Is this happening on Windows 10 or 11?
    What happens when you try to sign in the Xbox app?
    Are you receiving an error code?
    And which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this, in that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings from another Microsoft user
  4. R1ck-[xboxvenue] Win User

TrueAchievements not working

Yes the OP is referring to the true achievement app that is available on the Xbox one. Seems it is having the same issue as the in app where videos are not playing. Issue has been ongoing for a couple months now.

Is this something that TA would address or microsoft?
  5. niwshki Win User

I need help

PLEASE DONT PURCHASE IT. THIS SEEMS TO BE AN ONGOING ISSUE.
  6. niwshki Win User

Minecraft better together update

PLEASE DONT PURCHASE IT. THIS SEEMS TO BE AN ONGOING ISSUE.
Thema:

1. Issues signing into Xbox App for PC - ongoing for months, Microsoft dont seem to care!!! - Similar Threads - Issues signing App

2. Issue with signing into xbox account/adding account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with signing into xbox account/adding account: I have been having an issue with signing into my account. Xbox kept sending me an error when signing into xbox account saying that i needed to connect to the internet in order to sign into...
  3. Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...: Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my friends and messages on the app are not showing on my console, anyone able to help please?...
  4. When are you all going to have the connection issue fixed that involves signing in to Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When are you all going to have the connection issue fixed that involves signing in to Xbox...: Hello! The problem in which you my console tells me that my Xbox 360 profile cannot access Xbox live when I’m using it through my Series S has been going on for a very long time now. It affects a...
  5. Xbox 360 Account Sign in issue on BO2 on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Account Sign in issue on BO2 on Xbox One: Hello, I have searched the Internet for solutions for the issue I'm having playing black ops 2 on the xbox one. Had no issues a couple months ago but today I can't connect to the Internet...
  6. How to fix a sign in Issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix a sign in Issue: So I know this is not a forum for minecraft issues but I think it has to do with microsoft sign in, so I decided to submit this here. My issue is no matter what I do I cannot sign in on a new...
  7. Having an issue with signing in…

in XBoX Accessibility
    Having an issue with signing in…: my brother has just got a new Xbox and every time he turns it on it needs him to sign in. I’m pretty sure of how to solve the issue once he’s signed in however it needs him to input a code from...
  8. Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...: Error Code: 0x80004005 code: Eroded Badlands. A file that the Windows Product Activation (WPA) requires is damaged or missing. Please reboot, verify system permissions, and make sure your...
  9. Xbox accessories App issue - Cannot sign in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox accessories App issue - Cannot sign in: Hello, I have an Xbox Elite Controller, and I need to use the app in order to rebind the controller and check for updates. I have not been able to sign into xbox live for months now. I get an...
  10. Issue with signing in to the xbox pc app and any xbox games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issue with signing in to the xbox pc app and any xbox games: I haven't played any games with PC Game pass for a while before this but recently I really wanted to try Cities Skylines 2 but Xbox won't let me log in. It keeps on showing me error code...