Issues Reading discs error code (0x21): Your disc might be dirty or damaged.

Discus and support Issues Reading discs error code (0x21): Your disc might be dirty or damaged. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Oh joy of joys I'm getting the same problem now. (code: 0x80820002 error). Started off with Blu-rays not playing, (play fine on my very old PS3)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RUNNYEGG, Apr 5, 2014.

  1. Issues Reading discs error code (0x21): Your disc might be dirty or damaged.


    Oh joy of joys I'm getting the same problem now. (code: 0x80820002 error).

    Started off with Blu-rays not playing, (play fine on my very old PS3) Tried several inc. brand new ones.

    Now the few games I have on disk won't run. it's a little intermittent, after about 7 attempts at trying to get Forza to run it did. Take the disk out and try it again and getting the error again. Same happened with LEGO movie on blu-ray. eventually fired
    up, tried it again and it won't work.

    Done reboots, hard reboots, turn off console, drain power supply, unplug. Makes no difference.

    All disks are in as new condition.
     
    Lemming-94153E1A-FEFA-4C7D-8C7E-E2F5FB625A0F, Aug 1, 2014
    #31
  2. After chatting to tech support, going through all the rigmarole inc a system reset(which failed). Second reset, added my settings again (fortunately all my games are on an external drive Issues Reading discs error code (0x21): Your disc might be dirty or damaged. :) )

    still blurays and games will not play..... WELL not until I found a little trick online. when putting the disk in hold it for about a second. It pulls the disk in a little faster and hey presto it runs.

    So after trying allsorts of software errors. It looks like it a hardware issue. I'll phone tech support up tomorrow and see where we go from here.

    While it solves the problem sort term, It's hardly a great long term solution.
     
    Lemming-94153E1A-FEFA-4C7D-8C7E-E2F5FB625A0F, Aug 1, 2014
    #32
  3. Fran63r
    Fran63r Guest
    So has anyone actually found a fix for this yet that works? I just purchased an Xbox one with battlefield 4 today. Setup my profile, done the update for the console and put my disc in to ready up and this error code pops up, major let down when u spend
    the $ only to have the console sit doing nothing
     
    Fran63r, Aug 13, 2014
    #33
  4. HairyBuzz
    HairyBuzz Guest

    Issues Reading discs error code (0x21): Your disc might be dirty or damaged.

    Guys try clearing persistent storage from Settings>disc & Blu-ray>persistent storage

    The console should power cycle itself, if not then do it manually
     
    HairyBuzz, Aug 13, 2014
    #34
  5. GoodyM0bb
    GoodyM0bb Guest
    I originally purchased an Xbox one last November from Target. It worked fine for a while then the voice stopped working totally. I was within a 90 day period so Target exchanged it out for a Brand new Xbox One. I used it for 6 months then one day in June
    2014 put a disc in and it would not load. It didn't make any noise or nothing. So I called Microsoft and they told me to send it in for repair. I called about 3 weeks after they had my Xbox and they said they misplaced my Xbox One. They told me someone closed
    my ticket prematurely and they were sorry. After another 2 weeks go by I get my Xbox One back. I plug it in and this time it makes a grinding noise and wont load the disc all the way. So I call Microsoft again and they tell me that I need to send it in again.
    I said okay. So I went to Walmart and bought another Xbox One brand new while I am waiting on mine to be fixed and I get an error that says I am sorry we cant play this disc. Try an Xbox one game , a music CD, or a movie on Blu-Ray or DVD. (0x80820002) So
    I thought this is weird. So I took the Xbox One back because I only have had it 2 days and they exchange for another brand new one and I still get the same message. sorry we cant play this disc. Try an Xbox one game , a music CD, or a movie on Blu-Ray or DVD.
    (0x80820002) I am being totally serious when I tell you that I have wasted countless hours on trying to get an Xbox One to work and I am over it. I am returning this Xbox One and all the accessories I bought with it and I am finally making the move to the
    Play Station 4.... You probably will think yeah right this guy has had 5 Xbox Ones and they all have had some type of disc error. I have never had anything like this happen ever.
     
    GoodyM0bb, Aug 18, 2014
    #35
  6. GoodyM0bb
    GoodyM0bb Guest
    I just went back to Walmart and switched out for another Xbox one brand new and still getting disc error.... UNREAL
     
    GoodyM0bb, Aug 18, 2014
    #36
  7. stoffe2005
    stoffe2005 Guest
    Bought Xbox one today with titanfall and this happens cant be true code: 0x80820002 error Issues Reading discs error code (0x21): Your disc might be dirty or damaged. :(

    Gonna return this *** tomorrow and never look back.
     
    stoffe2005, Aug 18, 2014
    #37
  8. iKathulu
    iKathulu Guest

    Issues Reading discs error code (0x21): Your disc might be dirty or damaged.

    Tried everything in the forum and bought it new. None of my games play at all. Going to return all of this tomorrow morning.
     
    iKathulu, Aug 18, 2014
    #38
  9. GEORGIE101
    GEORGIE101 Guest
    Just bought an xbox one took it out of the box set it up put in ryse an get this *** error seriouslyz brand new game brand new xbox this shouldn't happen.
     
    GEORGIE101, Aug 19, 2014
    #39
  10. dboys7437
    dboys7437 Guest
    For anyone contemplating returning with this error message, don't! I just exchanged for my second XBOX ONE and am having the same issue. It's a software issue on their end. Are there any staff that can clarify as to what the issue is?
     
    dboys7437, Aug 19, 2014
    #40
  11. Riccardoro88
    Riccardoro88 Guest
    Same problem here. This is my first day with Xbox One, I called the support, if tomorrow they don't resolve I will change it with a PS4.
     
    Riccardoro88, Aug 19, 2014
    #41
  12. Hey everyone!

    If you have just started experiencing error code 0x80820002 please check out my post here, If you
    are experiencing a different issue please go ahead and create a new thread. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!
     
    Mister Quimby, Oct 31, 2018
    #42
  13. stoffe2005 Win User

    Issues Reading discs error code (0x21): Your disc might be dirty or damaged.

    Bought Xbox one today with titanfall and this happens cant be true code: 0x80820002 error :(

    Gonna return this *** tomorrow and never look back.
  14. Fran63r Win User

    Issues Reading discs error code (0x21): Your disc might be dirty or damaged.

    So has anyone actually found a fix for this yet that works? I just purchased an Xbox one with battlefield 4 today. Setup my profile, done the update for the console and put my disc in to ready up and this error code pops up, major let down when u spend
    the $ only to have the console sit doing nothing
  15. Misses Joust Win User

    Issues Reading discs error code (0x21): Your disc might be dirty or damaged.

    G'day COPPER! Please try the steps provided above. If you've already done the power cycle and unplugging the unit, can you please let us know what else you've tried so far? I don't want to ask you to repeat any steps if it isn't necessary.
  16. MEA Tattoo Rich Win User

    Issues Reading discs error code (0x21): Your disc might be dirty or damaged.

    Still having this issue!!!
  17. Th3 R3d Barron Win User

    Issues Reading discs error code (0x21): Your disc might be dirty or damaged.

    I have had this problem switching games and xbox not being able to detect disc... i always noticed it spins for a few seconds then does this slight noise and stops then a few moments later i get a please insert a disc bluray or game and so on... well make
    sure the disc is clean then i slide it in half way where it starts to take it in.... wait a moment then let it go.. it works all the time but there has to be a better way... but for now thats what works for me...
Thema:

Issues Reading discs error code (0x21): Your disc might be dirty or damaged.

Loading...
  1. Issues Reading discs error code (0x21): Your disc might be dirty or damaged. - Similar Threads - Issues Reading discs

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox one s disc reading issues. Can read 360 games, cant read native games

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one s disc reading issues. Can read 360 games, cant read native games: Ok so im trying to play my games on my xbox one s but it won't read any of my xbox one discs. It will read xbox 360 discs just fine. Do i have to tear it apart to clean it? Does the xbox one use...
  8. Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??: My xbox plays everything just fine but I recently purchased a 4k bluray disc and and my xbox won't read it. It attempts to read but then eventually stops. 2e6fceb2-3fd5-4ec3-b2a4-06c0ba0fccbf
  9. After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...

    in XBoX on Windows
    After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...: Good afternoon, today my Xbox One (original) decided to randomly stop reading the disc in my disc tray. I checked the disc and it was perfectly fine. After putting the disc back into the tray, the...
  10. Xbox One S having issues with reading disc?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S having issues with reading disc?: I updated my console on 11/10/23 after not being on line for several weeks. After which I wanted to play Modern Warfare on disc. When at the main screen, on the left was MWII which I have digital...