Issues playing online xbox 360 backwards compatible games.

Discus and support Issues playing online xbox 360 backwards compatible games. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, my friend and I are having an issue playing several backwards compatible xbox 360 multiplayer games. He is on Xbox Series S and I am on Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JDavis72, Nov 14, 2023.

1. JDavis72
    JDavis72 Guest

Hello, my friend and I are having an issue playing several backwards compatible xbox 360 multiplayer games. He is on Xbox Series S and I am on Xbox ONE. When trying to join each others sessions, a "session cannot be found" message repeatedly occurs. Two games where this happened are Skate 3 and COD: Black Ops II. I believe this to be a network issue, because if I switch my xbox to my personal hotspot on my phone, we are able to join just fine. My current network only supports IPv4 (university gaming wifi) where his supports IPv6. Is that the issue? Is there a different issue? How do we fix this? Happy to provide further information if needed. Thanks

:)

JDavis72, Nov 14, 2023
  2. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox Live

If you are playing an Xbox 360 game through the Xbox One's backward compatibility feature, you are able to play it online.

While playing the Xbox 360 game online, players on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles would populate the same servers and lobbies.

As a sidenote, the Xbox 360 version of GTA V is currently NOT backward compatible with the Xbox One.
  3. gds1972 Win User

Backwards compatibility

Hi

This is not true the Xbox One can play quite a few Xbox 360 games through backwards compatibility. Please note the console needs to be online to allow it to download the backwards compatible version of the game.

https://www.xbox.com/xbox-one/backward-compatibility
  4. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Its more than possible, its real. If you've got a game that has multiplayer or co-op and you're playing it online on the Xbox 360 you're bound to have run into an Xbox One player at some point. Assuming the game is something with backwards compatibility
    features. The Xbox One runs what's basically a simulation of the 360's UI to play backwards compatible games. However, its impossible to play two different versions of a game. You can't play a title that was released on the 360 and the Xbox One and expect
    to be able to play it with the person who has the Xbox One version. So basically you can play 360 games online or offline on the Xbox One but not the other way around.

Here's about backwards compatibility. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility

In short, can you? Yes. Just only on Xbox 360 games that are compatible with the Xbox One.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Why can't I play BC titles offline on Xbox One?

Hi Postma,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. Reason they need online is they utilize the Xbox 360 emulator/server to access certain features not available on the Xbox one. Unfortunately, there is no information at this time if they will be able to be
    played offline.

You can view the
    support article for backward compatible games

Thanks,

Brad
  6. Smwutches Win User

The Lord Of The Rings - The Two Towers

Thema:

1. Issues playing online xbox 360 backwards compatible games. - Similar Threads - Issues playing online

2. Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution: Hi all I have an Xbox series X with a high end 4k TV. When I try and remote play from my Rog ally then I get sound but a black screen If I go I to Xbox settings and change the resolution from 4k...
  3. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  4. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  5. My remote play issues on pc since new update

in XboX Insiders
    My remote play issues on pc since new update: I did all updates on pc and on xbox' it connects tells me to enable remote play but then it doesn't not connect after just crashes... submitted by /u/IntheCloudsgaming [link] [comments]
  6. Remote Play Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play Issues: Hi All I have enabled remote play features on my xbox and using a handheld PC to connect to it using the xbox app. It connects intermittenly only from the handheld PC. It might work every second...
  7. Xbox Remote Play connection issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connection issues.: I'm having a small, but annoying problem with the Xbox Remote Play feature, in the sense that every so often, probably once or twice every hour or 2, it'll say that it disconnected and then...
  8. minecraft online playing issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft online playing issue: Can someone help me? I have this minecraft world that me and my friend always used to play in and now suddenly he cant join my world because my world wont appear to him. And also I have him added...
  9. Does anyone else have issues with pga 2k23 randomly pausing whilst playing friends online ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone else have issues with pga 2k23 randomly pausing whilst playing friends online ?: When my friend and I play pga 2k23 online against each other the game randomly pauses ,we have both factory reset console and reinstalled game but the same fault happens...any ideas how to fix...
  10. Can't play online with any MS game xbox profile issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Can't play online with any MS game xbox profile issue?: I have looked for an answer in this forum and others but nothing i've found is relatable to what i'm seeing. My Xbox account is great! Works for logging in, for purchasing games and playing them....