Issues getting TV through Xbox One with an older satelite reciever.

Discus and support Issues getting TV through Xbox One with an older satelite reciever. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there. This might seem long winded but bear with me. Ok, I have an old Dish Network box. A 311 to be exact. It does not have a HDMI out. So I got... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Furious Fork, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Furious Fork
    Furious Fork Guest

Hello there. This might seem long winded but bear with me. Ok, I have an old Dish Network box. A 311 to be exact. It does not have a HDMI out. So I got an Etekcity RCA Composite to HDMI converter in the hopes that I could make it work that way. After hooking
    it all up and running the device settings I just get a black screen. The xbox can control my receiver as far as I can tell, it turns it off and back on when running the setup anyhow. But as I say, I get just a black screen. Not the screen that says it's lost
    connection, just a black screen. Any idea what might be the issue? Or is this setup just not going to work?

:)

Furious Fork, Jan 2, 2014
  2. No HDMI "Out" on TV

Hi there XB1 can only Input via HDMI - this means you`ll Need a Setup Box/reciever and from Setupbox with HDMI to XB1 (HDMI IN).

If your TV-Signal Comes straight out wall and if there is no reciever/setupbox between TV-TV-Outlet,

it will not work.

Your chain of Setup should be like:

TV-cable/satelite (Coax?) -> Setupbox/reciever-> from Reciever via HDMI ->
    to XB1

Bhutankam Pema, Jan 2, 2014
  3. DeansF
    DeansF Guest
    Xbox Reveal - Bitterly Disappointed

'If Xbone came with a satellite receiver built in then I may be interested but why would I switch my Sky box on & Xbone just to watch TV when I can just power one box. Its a no brainer.....'

You see - this is the main reason why I totally agree with this!

From what I understand, people with a cable/satelite/freeview box, will plug this into the XboxOne, instead of directly through the tv JUST so that we can use the Xbox interface overlayed on top of the cable/satelite/freesat interface...?!?

It doesn't make ANY sense at all....?!?!? So if I want to watch tv, I have to turn the tv on, turn the XboxOne on and turn the cable/satelite/freeview box on - are you having a laugh?!

....I'm not convinced!!

DeansF, Jan 2, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: