Issues downloading games from microsoft store

Discus and support Issues downloading games from microsoft store in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently downlloaded gears of war 4 from the microsoft store as i was having problems with the xbox pc game app capping my dowload speed,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ben Thompson4, Mar 6, 2024.

1. Issues downloading games from microsoft store

Hi there, I recently downlloaded gears of war 4 from the microsoft store as i was having problems with the xbox pc game app capping my dowload speed, and when i opened the game after fully completing the download, i accidentally closed the microsoft store pc app which shut down the game before i had reached the main menu. now as a result, the store is telling me i need to redownload all 133gb of files again seeing as the game was not allowed to fully start up. I was able to press the play icon on the store page and see a visible screen with the gears of war 4 logo, telling me that my computer had successfully installed all the files, but now I have to download them all again and I am unsure as the how this happened and if there is a way to play the game without having to go to through the download process again.

:)

Ben Thompson4, Mar 6, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Ben, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, reset the store:

Press the Windows key +R

Type WSReset.exe and press Enter.

Restart your PC.

Then, repair the XBOX app installation:

Press the Windows Key+X > Select Apps > Search for XBOX > Advanced > Restore

Then, on the same page, press Repair.

Let me know if it works!
  3. dennarai Win User

Why Is Soul Hackers 2 Not Showing in the Xbox App for Windows?

I do see the game in the Microsoft Store but that is still not the issue I am addressing. This game should be showing up in the Xbox app and working properly with the Xbox ecosystem and this is not working.

Downloading it from the Microsoft Store does not fix the Xbox app. This is not the issue.
  4. XBSav Win User

Game stuck with Install Button

If anyone else has this issue, the next time I went to the Microsoft Store instead of the app, I was able to download the game from Downloads and Updates.
  5. Marty Marty Win User

Games doesn't launch with xbox game pass for PC

That's exactly the issue. The games download properly and entirely, but never launch.

I'll try to download it from microsoft store.

Thank you for you answer btw
  6. SammyVS Win User

Minecraft Won't Download and I've tried basically everything.

Check that your PC's time zone and region are correct and try again.

If the issue persists, instead of downloading Launcher, download the game directly from the Microsoft Store or Xbox app. Also, make sure the account that purchased the game is logged into the Microsoft Store app on your Windows.
Thema:

1. Issues downloading games from microsoft store - Similar Threads - Issues downloading games

2. Xbox Series X game download issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X game download issues: My xbox has internet connection problems when I download a game. It sometimes only downloads at 5-100 mbit/s. However, when I check the connection between the xbox and the router, the xbox shows...
  3. Assistance with technical issue of game not downloading.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assistance with technical issue of game not downloading.: I'm downloading Mortal Kombat 1 for Xbox Series X and when I first install it for the first time, it stops, I managed to get to 60gb after changing disc 1 to disc 2 as there are 2 disc's and...
  4. Issue With Downloading Games (Error Code 0x87e00196)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue With Downloading Games (Error Code 0x87e00196): I have been having issues all morning with downloading MSFS on PC. I force stopped, reset, and uninstalled the Xbox app and Gaming services but have had no luck with being able to download this...
  5. I have an issue where i can download any other game but fortnite even though i have 900 gb...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an issue where i can download any other game but fortnite even though i have 900 gb...: I have an xbox one its last update was on 12/24/2023 2:11 AM 9d937bc7-34c5-4c84-a610-9dcabba01994
  6. Gaming Services Download Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services Download Issue: Hi, I had been playing my games on the xbox app. I come on today to find its sayin I dont have Gaming Services downloaded, I have looked at other questions on this forum and have attempted the...
  7. I can't download one specific game, it's the only one with this issue.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download one specific game, it's the only one with this issue.: I've been trying to download Rainbow Six Siege from the PC game pass for weeks now, but with no luck. The "Install" button will switch between having a globe/internet symbol next to the word...
  8. can't download games to hard drive on xbox gamepass, ran into weird issue with the h drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't download games to hard drive on xbox gamepass, ran into weird issue with the h drive...: so when i tried to download games to my h drive it would never let me, and nothing i found on here or anywhere else would help, and when i was messing around trying to find a solution, i went to...
  9. Having issues downloading Exo primal from PC game pass Store.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having issues downloading Exo primal from PC game pass Store.: Just built my first Gaming PC. Trying to download some games and Exoprimal does not want to download from gamepass. It says error and the error code is : 0x87e00196. I have check my region time...
  10. Is anyone having an issue with Xbox for PC where some games will download and install but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anyone having an issue with Xbox for PC where some games will download and install but...: I am having an issue with Xbox for PC where some games will download and install without issue, but others will not. For instance, I can install Madden 23 but Elder Scrolls Oblivion will not start...