Issues connecting controller with headset attached.

Discus and support Issues connecting controller with headset attached. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Normally, my controller will connect immediately with no issues, but I recently discovered an odd problem; when I have the pack-in headset plugged into... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MegatonAaron, Feb 16, 2014.

1. MegatonAaron
    MegatonAaron Guest

Normally, my controller will connect immediately with no issues, but I recently discovered an odd problem; when I have the pack-in headset plugged into the controller, it never seems to want to connect to my console. Last night I went to play Titanfall,
    and when I plugged my headset into the controller it wouldn't work. I turned the controller off and back on, but just kept getting a slow flashing light on the guide button. I unplugged the headset and the light became solid as if it connected to the console,
    but any input on the controller was unresponsive. I ended up having to power-cycle the console to get it to work correctly again. Today, same issue... turn on the console using voice command, try to activate controller (headset still plugged in) and the light
    flashes slowly indefinitely. Trying to use the pair buttons on the console and controller is fruitless. Unplug the headset, and the light immediately starts flashing quickly and the headset connects. After watching some Netflix, I plug the headset back into
    the controller and turn it on. Again, slow blinking light, controller refuses to connect until I unplug the headset, and immediately after unplugging it the controller connects. The battery indicator is showing I have around a 75% charge, so I don't think
    low batteries are to blame. I've repeated this several times with the same results.... sometimes plugging the controller into a USB port will cause it to pair, but not always.

Is this a known issue? Is this a problem with the controller, headset, console, or firmware? I expect some issues as an early adopter of a new device, but having so many issues connecting an input device isn't one of them.

:)

MegatonAaron, Feb 16, 2014
  2. EIREBH0Y
    EIREBH0Y Guest
    Updated controller firmware - problems with headset

I updated my new controller a week or so ago, without the headset attached. I've noticed today that people are unable to hear me after 10 or so minutes of chatting. I have to remove the headset and connect it again to temporarily rectify the issue. It was
    working perfectly fine with my old controller (I hadn't updated its firmware).

Is this due to me not connecting my headset when I manually updated my controller? I've tried connecting it and updating again, but it says that my firmware is up to date.

EIREBH0Y, Feb 16, 2014
  3. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Xbox One Stereo Headset almost not peaking voice

Did you update your controller with the headset attached?

{Parity}, Feb 16, 2014
  4. MegatonAaron
    MegatonAaron Guest

Just to update (because I see this suggestion thrown around a lot in regards to controller connection issues) I just finished charging my battery pack and it is at 100%. I plug in the headset, controller refuses to connect. I guess I'll be calling MS tomorrow
    about a replacement.

MegatonAaron, Feb 16, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: