Issue with Xbox Stereo Headset Adapter and the Astro A40s

Discus and support Issue with Xbox Stereo Headset Adapter and the Astro A40s in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Have you all tried updating your controller's firmware since the April update released? I suggest that you all try this as it's meant to improve audio... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Doomrunner7, Mar 12, 2014.

  1. PalZer0
    PalZer0 Guest

    Issue with Xbox Stereo Headset Adapter and the Astro A40s


    Have you all tried updating your controller's firmware since the April update released? I suggest that you all try this as it's meant to improve audio quality through the headset adapter (and also to resolve random disconnect issues).
     
    PalZer0, May 18, 2014
    #31
  2. AirShark
    AirShark Guest
    Yes, MS is doing a bang-up job addressing the controller and headset issues on their console. :-\ Front line tech support acts like you're the first person to ever contact them reporting an issue. Then they act like its anyone's problem but theirs. Nearing
    the end of my rope with them.
     
    AirShark, May 18, 2014
    #32
  3. eLynxx
    eLynxx Guest
    im having the exact same problem as you guys using my 2013 astro a40's. they seem to work fine on skype just suck on the rest! has to be sorted out!
     
    eLynxx, Jun 3, 2014
    #33
  4. I NBK I Soul
    I NBK I Soul Guest

    Issue with Xbox Stereo Headset Adapter and the Astro A40s

    UPDATE Using the Xbox One Adapter

    Hey Everyone,

    I have had so many 'problems' with this adapter. However, I recently found that it wasn't a problem with the adapter, it was a problem with my brain and when it first came out (adapter, not my brain...), the lack of instructions of backwards compatibility
    did not help. I am posting here in the hope this helps someone, as I was led down a million different alley ways which had nothing to do with the problem, it all got very technical, when really, it was an extremely simple solution.

    Audio Hardware: TURTLE BEACH X41

    Have a look at these instructions:
    support.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset-adapter
    .

    - You may have gone through this before. If you have, go back and read carefully. There are also links to diagrams for particular headsets in some cases to make it super easy. If not, Google it with your criteria. (i.e. Xbox One Headset adapter, Turtle Beach
    X41)

    QUICK FIX (?): On the adapter, hold down the 'controller' symbol to balance the chat (hold until you hear a beep; this balanced my audio correctly.)

    Alternatively, hold down the 'person' symbol, to balance the chat the other way. For more in depth info, follow the links provided by Xbox.com.

    I know this info may not be specific to your problems, but hope this can in someway help one trawling the forums, because nobody had stated this simple fix anywhere when I was searching.

    - Kane
     
    I NBK I Soul, Aug 25, 2014
    #34
  5. me 2...my astro a40 on party and game chat! are fak
     
    Luis CarlosJiménez Zambrano, Sep 13, 2014
    #35
  6. You have got to be kidding me. You pay all this money for all of this fancy equipment...and Microsoft refuses to address it? WTF! I have the Astro A40's and I am having the exact same issue. Why is it so difficult to get them to address this crap. Six
    months since your posts here and nada...nothing. I'm very disappointed in you Mr. Gates.
     
    Eddie Mancuso, Sep 25, 2014
    #36
  7. Hey there, eKay The Ninja! This thread is a bit old. If the troubleshooting in this thread doesn't help you out, please feel encouraged to post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way we can get you
    the individual support that works best on the forums. Issue with Xbox Stereo Headset Adapter and the Astro A40s :)
     
    Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
    #37
  8. EAndersson00 Win User

    Astro A40 Headset

  9. SS KaRiZMA Win User

    Xbox One Adapter Issue

    Thanks for the reply.

    It is a xbox stereo adapter and im using the Astro A40 with mix amp.
  10. NewBlacksmurf Win User

    I can hear everything fine but I cant talk in a party

    Take a look here and let me know if this helps

    daviddocrogers.com/.../how-to-configure-astro-headsets-with-xbox-one

    For Astro A40 users:

    Configuring the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter

    By default, the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter will output both game audio and voice audio which will render the mixer on the MixAmp unusable. Follow the below steps to set the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter to only output voice audio which will correct
    this.

    1) Set the mixer on the MixAmp to full voice audio.

    2) On the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, hold down the chat audio button until you can no longer hear game audio and can only hear voice audio.

    3) On the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, hold down the plus button until the voice audio no longer increases.

    That’s all that’s to it! You will now be able to use the microphone from your A40 or A30 Headset on your Xbox One and the mixer will work as intended allowing you to mix between game audio and voice audio with ease. Should you have any further questions
    regarding the A40 or A30 Audio System and Xbox One, please feel free to post them on this thread and we’ll respond as quickly as possible with an answer for you.

    You can read the full post over at the Astro Gaming Forums!

    Other Notes:

    [Update:] After spending the day with the headset adapter I can confirm that the above configurations do work. You will have no issue with your Astro headsets working with the chat adapter. I tested the Xbox One headset adapter with 2011 versions of Astro
    A40 headsets. Game audio and voice audio sound great, I can’t wait for my new headsets to come in hopefully in time for Titanfall!

    In their forum post they mention to set your optical out to Stereo Uncompressed. I believe this step is now unnecessary because the Xbox One does indeed support Dolby Digital Surround Sound through the optical out. This forum was posted before the Preview
    Program went live. I’ll keep this post updated if anything changes or becomes confirmed.
  11. Christian Izaguirre Win User

    Xo sevens or astro a40s for x1?

    Astro A40's are better. I tried the Xo sevens but it is a stereo headset for 159.99, Ridiculous. Get Astro A40's or A50's. They are super comfortable they have memory foam and they are one of the best headset manufacturers. And they are Surround sound.
  12. havalinaaa Win User

    Xbox stereo headset mic suddenly stopped working mid conversation

    So I bought a new adapter and the official xbox stereo headset still wouldn't work but the astro a40's did for a few days, then tonight same exact thing. Mid conversation the mic stopped working. Where's my support, xbox?
Thema:

Issue with Xbox Stereo Headset Adapter and the Astro A40s

Loading...
  1. Issue with Xbox Stereo Headset Adapter and the Astro A40s - Similar Threads - Issue Stereo Headset

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...