Issue with VLC player on Series X, stopped playing HDR files for some reason?

Discus and support Issue with VLC player on Series X, stopped playing HDR files for some reason? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I used to play HDR files on VLC player in my xbox series X, but now I can't either play HDR nor 4K files. Does anyone know how to fix this, or if... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/vidavidanaovida, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Issue with VLC player on Series X, stopped playing HDR files for some reason?

I used to play HDR files on VLC player in my xbox series X, but now I can't either play HDR nor 4K files.

Does anyone know how to fix this, or if there is another player that plays HDR 4K files?

submitted by /u/vidavidanaovida
    [link] [comments]

/u/vidavidanaovida, Oct 20, 2021
  2. Kellior Win User

Still moderate NAT. Forwarded ports.

For some reason I think it saves it as a vlc media player file. I think that's the problem. How do I change this?
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

White Flickers while watching movies/streaming? 4k UHD 60hz monitor no HDR

I had the same / similar issue with my old 4K 60hz none HDR / HDMI 2.0 monitor when watching movies and some times in games with the Series X,

As soon as i upgraded my monitor to a 4K 144hz monitor that has HDR / HDMI 2.1 ports, i no longer had this problem,

I'm not sure what the problem is, but my guess is that the HDMI 2.1 port on Series X doesn't play well with HDMI 2.0 port of monitors, or it's the Series X trying to force HDR on, even if the monitor does not have / support HDR and the HDR in Series X menu's is turned off.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Films & TV app

download VLC player from the app section on xbox, this will play mkv files ok.
  5. StevenCollins4 Win User

0x00d11cd Error on playing videos on Xbox One.

Hello,

The drive is console powered, 4TB. I just tried streaming via media server from computer to Xbox and receive this error: 0xc00d36c4 when using Media Player, however, streaming will work on VLC. But the issue of plugging in the drive to play still exists.

It is very weird, as I said all files play fine on the computer, but some files will not play on the Xbox.
  6. KnightXE Win User

Does Xbox One X support 4K video files?

I'm bumping this thread because I'm getting ready to buy an Xbox One X soon.

just wondering if anyone else has been able to play 4K video files saved on a USB stick using either the Media Player app or VLC app on the Xbox One X?
Thema:

Issue with VLC player on Series X, stopped playing HDR files for some reason?

1. Issue with VLC player on Series X, stopped playing HDR files for some reason? - Similar Threads - Issue VLC player

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  4. Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x: My Xbox series x I have tried everything to fix it. No settings or anything help I have tried unplugging using different port different tv different HDMI cable Unplugging factory resetting tv...
  5. Can anybody help me with this issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anybody help me with this issue?: Couple months ago i went to nyc to meet some family members their children had an Xbox so I logged on on my account. Everything was fine but they started kicking me off games so they can play I...
  6. Xbox having connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox having connection issues: My roommates and I have three xboxes total in our house. Two days ago they all started having the same issue. We keep getting kicked offline, and our consoles say they can't connect to the...
  7. Xbox PC issues DCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox PC issues DCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC: i cant leave my own party on xbox app pc. any sollution? submitted by /u/Euphoric_Ad3856 [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox Favorite Notification and Join Game Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Favorite Notification and Join Game Issues: I have several people on my friends list and all of them are friends with me but I have 1 friend that is favorited that will not give notifications, allow you to join his games or allow him to...
  9. Keyboard and mouse dongle issue. Can I get a new dongle mail to me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keyboard and mouse dongle issue. Can I get a new dongle mail to me: Microsoft ergonomic sculpt keyboard and mouse b37a3e19-f913-4fff-a391-66e04a89c962
  10. Vlc media issue help help help help help

in XboX Insiders
    Vlc media issue help help help help help: I have no idea where there located on internal drive but they are there, not a single thread on any browser pertaining to this issue. I want to free up 10gbs of videos off my xbox. I never wanted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one x vlc 4k hdr