ISSUE with Virtual Keyboard on XBOX SERIES X

Discus and support ISSUE with Virtual Keyboard on XBOX SERIES X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good Morning! I seem to be having an issue with my virtual keyboard on my Xbox series X console -- So for example if i bring up a previous chat on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mark X1, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Mark X1
    Mark X1 Guest

Good Morning!

I seem to be having an issue with my virtual keyboard on my Xbox series X console -- So for example if i bring up a previous chat on my Xbox it seems to be giving me a ghost box above the virtual keyboard when i use any Xbox series X controller be it old or new (Please see photo attached to see the issue) When I begin a new chat no issue it only happens when a existing chat opens from the Chat box. I have tried to reset the console by keeping games and apps no improvements I have also done an offline update via holding the sync button and Xbox power button and applying the update also no success, tried to change the HDMI cable, and changing display units both showing me the same problem. I have also rested the system without no power for at least 5-10 minutes no success - Please can anyone let me know if they have experienced this issue in the past and how they have resolved it ?

Thanks

Mark
    ISSUE with Virtual Keyboard on XBOX SERIES X [​IMG]

:)

Mark X1, Apr 19, 2023
  2. Mark Pearce1 Win User

No this is not the case as stated in the information I have put it ONLY happens on the console - Xbox Series X not the mobile
  3. Lavenia A. Win User

I appreciate you for clarifying the issue, Mark Pearce1. We recommend reporting this issue to team Xbox so they can further investigate the problem.

To report problems through your Xbox console, download the free Xbox Report a Problem app. To do so:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select Store.
    2. Select Search, and then enter Xbox Report a Problem in the search box.
    3. Choose the app from the search results, and then select Download.

Follow the instructions in the section “Report a new problem” to submit your problem report. For more details, see Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support.
  4. Lavenia A. Win User

Hi Mark X1,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community. We appreciate for sharing your concern to us.

According to your description, when you pull up a prior chat using your Xbox Series X controller, the virtual keyboard gives you a ghost box; however, the problem did not happen when you tried to start a new chat. I appreciate the time you have spent trying to resolve this issue. The issue you are referring to is the black space reply on mobile that is showing above the onscreen keyboard, so this has something to do with the Xbox app on mobile. We would like to check this with our internal team and will get back to you as soon as we get an update from them.

We appreciate your patience.

Kind regards,

Lavenia
  5. avolfan Win User

Virtual keyboard issues

I only have the one controller. It does have an issue though. Sometimes it will not come on when you press the center button. Think I am going to send it back for repair/replacement. Problem is that may take 2-3 weeks.
  6. Hordie Win User

Virtual keyboard issues

Have you tried a different controller to see if it's the controller?
Thema:

1. ISSUE with Virtual Keyboard on XBOX SERIES X - Similar Threads - ISSUE Virtual Keyboard

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  4. Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x: My Xbox series x I have tried everything to fix it. No settings or anything help I have tried unplugging using different port different tv different HDMI cable Unplugging factory resetting tv...
  5. Can anybody help me with this issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anybody help me with this issue?: Couple months ago i went to nyc to meet some family members their children had an Xbox so I logged on on my account. Everything was fine but they started kicking me off games so they can play I...
  6. Xbox having connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox having connection issues: My roommates and I have three xboxes total in our house. Two days ago they all started having the same issue. We keep getting kicked offline, and our consoles say they can't connect to the...
  7. Xbox PC issues DCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox PC issues DCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC: i cant leave my own party on xbox app pc. any sollution? submitted by /u/Euphoric_Ad3856 [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox Favorite Notification and Join Game Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Favorite Notification and Join Game Issues: I have several people on my friends list and all of them are friends with me but I have 1 friend that is favorited that will not give notifications, allow you to join his games or allow him to...
  9. Series S connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S connection issue: Every day after I get off work and come home and try to load up my Xbox it says that it is not connected to the Wi-Fi. I proceeded to type in the password for the Wi-Fi and get prompted with “...
  10. Keyboard and mouse dongle issue. Can I get a new dongle mail to me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keyboard and mouse dongle issue. Can I get a new dongle mail to me: Microsoft ergonomic sculpt keyboard and mouse b37a3e19-f913-4fff-a391-66e04a89c962