Issue with "The Person Who Bought This Needs to Sign in" on a new device

Discus and support Issue with "The Person Who Bought This Needs to Sign in" on a new device in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; There was an XBOX_1 owned by OWNER_1. USER played some games on that device under its own account. So, there are saved progress. Now, XBOX_2 was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Viktoriia E, Jul 13, 2023.

1. Viktoriia E
    Viktoriia E Guest

There was an XBOX_1 owned by OWNER_1. USER played some games on that device under its own account. So, there are saved progress.

Now, XBOX_2 was purchased by OWNER_2 (me). The same games were purchased. USER trying to continue playing the same games on XBOX_2 under his account, but can't because "The Person Who Bought This Needs to Sign in".

OWNER_1 has XBOX_1 as Home Xbox. OWNER_2 has XBOX_2 as Home Xbox. Cloud sync is turned on and visible.

I know that accounts can't be merged. It is not possible to transfer anything between accounts. But now, it is the same USER account, the same game, the same Xbox X version, just another owner.

Is there a way to continue the game with the same saved game?

Is there a way even to play these games for USER? It looks like it is not possible even to start the new game.

Thanks

:)

Viktoriia E, Jul 13, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with sharing your games.

If I may ask, can owner 2 play the games that are on Xbox 2 in which the user could not play because of the error?

If the Home Xbox is set up completely on the Xbox 2 with owner 2 and owner 2 owns those games, it should be shared to the user as well the same as what happened with Xbox 1.

Try doing a reset and set up Home Xbox again to see if that helps.

Let's refresh the console's system cache.

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly.

And to your question about the saved progress. Yes, the user can still used the same progress on those games even if the game is on another account or console being shared.
  3. CrazY1985 Win User

The person who bought this needs to sign in

Problem should be fixed now.. There were some problems with the xbox services..
  4. karin1kekaka2k Win User

Person who bought this needs to sign in

Do you share your account with anyone? If this error appears to require permission or buy the game occurs because of a failure to communicate with the server. When a NAT is restricted or moderate occurs a lot.
  5. SaschaDeliano Win User

Got the same problem

pls fix this
  6. callummcnamara Win User

Hi when you downloaded the game did you install it on an external memory drive?
Thema:

1. Issue with "The Person Who Bought This Needs to Sign in" on a new device - Similar Threads - Issue Person Bought

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  4. Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x: My Xbox series x I have tried everything to fix it. No settings or anything help I have tried unplugging using different port different tv different HDMI cable Unplugging factory resetting tv...
  5. Can anybody help me with this issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anybody help me with this issue?: Couple months ago i went to nyc to meet some family members their children had an Xbox so I logged on on my account. Everything was fine but they started kicking me off games so they can play I...
  6. Xbox having connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox having connection issues: My roommates and I have three xboxes total in our house. Two days ago they all started having the same issue. We keep getting kicked offline, and our consoles say they can't connect to the...
  7. why cant i call a person at microsoft to resolve an issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant i call a person at microsoft to resolve an issue: i want to talk to a person at microsoft to resolve an issue 283c568e-4777-4781-be62-1b34f299cb27
  8. Issues with one person hearing me in a Party.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with one person hearing me in a Party.: When in a party with my two friends, one of them can hear me and the other can't. We have tried deleting and readding each other, we have blocked and muted each other and reversed said action....
  9. UK resident unable to speak with a real person concerning my issue.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UK resident unable to speak with a real person concerning my issue.: I have been incorrectly charged twice every month for my Game Pass subscription since May 2022. This is unacceptable and obviously I want a refund. Customer Support to get the root of this...
  10. How do you talk to a real person about billing issue at microsoft

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you talk to a real person about billing issue at microsoft: How can I speak to real person at Microsoft billing 83ba9bce-8eb7-48dd-82ce-e8a3ff74bb5a