Issue with streaming xbox fullscreen on chromeOS, related to taskbar/shelf

Discus and support Issue with streaming xbox fullscreen on chromeOS, related to taskbar/shelf in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I discovered an issue with playing fullscreen on the android app: The fullscreen android app won't use the space where the taskbar used to be, even... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Jimmy Van Hecke, May 21, 2021.

1. Issue with streaming xbox fullscreen on chromeOS, related to taskbar/shelf

I discovered an issue with playing fullscreen on the android app: The fullscreen android app won't use the space where the taskbar used to be, even though it's running "true" fullscreen. Even when the xbox app itself is maximized (fully using all screen estate), the streaming part won't.

Recently bought a chromebook for my wife. It also runs android apps, which is great because that means I can use the lightweight chromebook instead of my heavy laptop to stream games from my xbox.

However, streaming games fullscreen results in black borders left, right and bottom. It's a 1080p screen, so it's weird to see any form of scaling issue in the first place. Googling for this problem shows that others have the same issue, but there is no real solution.

I discovered that the issue is related to the chromeOS taskbar (also known as the "shelf"): Even though fullscreen applications hide the bar, it appears the xbox app still won't use the screen estate from where the bar used to be. Because of this, it scales down the outputted video, so not only do you have a black border where there taskbar is supposed to be, but also left and right, since the video shrinks down as a whole.

(Auto)hiding the bar unfortunately does nothing. What alleviates the problem a little bit is moving the taskbar to the left/right instead of bottom: Since it takes up less space when oriented vertically, you end up with a slightly larger video size, but you'll still have a noticeable black, unused part of your screen.

Given the nature of the probleem, I feel that this is something that developers might be able to fix relatively easily. My theory is that they simply haven't caught it yet, because they don't really test their android app through a chromebook.

If there is a way to get the attention of their dev team, that would be nice.

:)

Jimmy Van Hecke, May 21, 2021
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

3. DarkrPhi Win User

Chrome os is NOT FULLY compatible with android apps fyi there are lots that aren't supported like plant vs zombies etc
  4. btwziko Win User

Microsoft Game Bar Not Recording Minecraft Java In Fullscreen

Hey Kathy,

Four things:

1. I used to record using the xbox gamebar, and it worked perfectly, why does it not work now?

2. I do not think I can choose fullscreen borderless in Minecraft (if I can please tell me how to)

3. I don't even think I know what fullscreen borderless is, unless it is when the taskbar and the menu bar on the top show (which can be done using the F11 key in Minecraft Java Edition)

4. If putting my Minecraft Java Edition into F11 mode is fullscreen borderless, then the recording works, but I hate seeing the taskbar and menu bar while playing my video games

Thanks
  5. Soko7396 Win User

Taskbar showing up in fullscreen mode

I have already tried those. Short of reinstalling windows 11 I am not sure how to deal with it. I would be inclined to say it is a roblox issue, except for it working perfectly fine on the 2nd computer that also runs win 11 and roblox on identical type of hardware.
  6. Soko7396 Win User

Taskbar showing up in fullscreen mode

I have checked the configs, both systems are setup identically. I've even went so far as to remove teams from startup (someone in another thread mentioned it fixed theirs). DX diag shows no diff in them either..
Thema:

1. Issue with streaming xbox fullscreen on chromeOS, related to taskbar/shelf - Similar Threads - Issue streaming fullscreen

2. Regarding my issue with streaming in gaming laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Regarding my issue with streaming in gaming laptop: So i am having an issue on streaming games like apex legends or fortnite or any games in general and i cant even stream on discord. Idk why but it keeps saying ur network is trash but i have a...
  3. Discord streaming through Xbox microphone issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord streaming through Xbox microphone issues: I use a Hypercloud wired stereo headset when I play Xbox. I’ve started streaming my games on Discord through Xbox, but there are issues with my microphone. The people I’m talking to on Discord say...
  4. Discord streaming audio issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord streaming audio issues: I tried streaming Alan wake to my friends using the discord feature and they were able to hear the music and sound effects as well as the characters talking but could not hear the narration voice...
  5. How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X: One day I was streaming a view said that my game volume was to loud I put it somewhere around 50% the next day I started my stream I play on console (xbl) I use my phone to view my chat or to edit...
  6. Xbox one streaming audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one streaming audio issues: I am streaming from xbox one directly to twitch. Playing fortnite for example. In my headset, I hear clearly all of my teammates in game chat. My stream cannot hear some of my teammates most of...
  7. Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....: I have Twitch on my Xbox Series X, but the new console is very different from my last Xbox One. It has all these new settings from the updates, and everything is moved around. However, I'm trying...
  8. Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....

in XboX Insiders
    Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....: I have Twitch on my Xbox Series X, but the new console is very different from my last Xbox One. It has all these new settings from the updates, and everything is moved around. However, I'm trying...
  9. Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....

in XBoX on Windows
  10. When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?: I admit I'm a little more than frustrated about this but I find it completely absurd this is still a problem with a powerhouse such as Microsoft. It has somehow also gotten worse over time. I'm...